It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Polarization of ATS and the World

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Noncompatible

I say....let's agree to disagree on the issue and move forward with the wheres and hows of media/religious/regional/jingoistic manipulation to create specific cliques and groupings in direct opposition for the purposes of control.
This is after all way more interesting than my stubborn refusal to be an optimist, non ?

You finally get it. I am happy for you!

Once we get past the who's right who's wrong debate, we can start to center our attention at the bigger issue: Who put these contrary belief systems into our heads in the first place? If you need to, refer to my other posts on this page of the thread. Aliens aside, it's interesting to think about where our ability to develop ideology came from. Straight evolution could not possibly allow it....unless there was a "glitch" in the code, if we are talking about straight survival. So far I have yet to find any compelling evidence to indicate that our belief systems were evolved. The correlation between the size of the brain and our ability to logically think are not direct (in my opinion). If this were the case, we would not have mental disabilities, mental retardation, etc. These disabilities keep some individuals from functioning "normally." When it comes right down to it, I would wage that you could see this as the old "Nature vs. Nurture" debate. But I would lean in favor of nurture simply for the fact that if it were in our "Nature" to have ideologies and to fight and kill over them, well, it just couldn't happen. Once again: survival. It all comes down to our basic biological programming, above all else in this debate. To logically follow this thought to the end, I could say that without a doubt that humans will indeed kill themselves off. Survival traits are simply not at the forefront of the human mind. Sure, they are still there, but ideology gets in the way. Through the "nurturing" process, humans have developed ideologies. They have developed polarization. These things have nothing to do with survival.

Very interesting indeed. I'm glad you posted. I would like to see this thread stay alive, but it seems as if there are many that would not like to partake in this discussion.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

[edit on 2-6-2010 by truthseeker1984]

<< 1  2   >>

join