It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP's Brainwash Marketing for Kids.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mesdoline

Very good. It seemed like something was missing from my attempt. Much better.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The BP logo looks like plant leaves and sunlight.

But whenever I think of oil or "fossil" fuels of any kind, I think of tarlike ooze, smoke, poison, and illness.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Alright everyone, here goes all the pages from the activity booklet. If the entire thing is spoofed it could make for the ultimate Subvertising campaign against BP:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mesdoline
Thanks for vids op. After looking at that last vid I think parents are also to blame though, they're too soft these days or give in to nagging kids so they can keep up with the joneses.

Yeah. Did you notice how she literally talks thru her teeth?? Oh main she needs to not be seen, that's bad PR!

And about the parents, they need to not only not give in to nagging but to 'lash back' at corporations they observe trying to turn their children into products. If corporations knew people would avoid their products for such practices they wouldn't do it.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
True, it's all pretty sinister really... although BP is one of the biggest fails i've ever seen when it comes to kids advertising, in my eyes anyway, or just failures in general. I found playing with this picture very therapeutic

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ba5a3b431562.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Some of these pages have background art that would be hard to wipe the text off. I mean to rewrite all the text.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Fixed, have fun!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7aeb6402502b.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

All sorts of possibilities for that one!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
First, I'll say this. It makes me SICK to my stomach to see this sort of thing. That said, I got mad enough to REALLY Alter the 'Footprint' page...

(let's see how I do putting an image from ATS ONTO ATS...)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/678793d19e21.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
awesome!
keep em coming, I asked a friend to join in, hopefully he will, he loves messing with photoshop.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Here goes a better version:

EDIT: I fixed the typo and changed the title.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Thanks. Yo!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Hi IgnoranceIsntBlisss!! Thanks for the link to this thread you made!
you are spot on!! When I update my PC, I will take the time to watch the videos you have in this thread! But just from reading I am following where you are going with this! S&F from me here.. I am standing with you on this one.

This is the same old song and dance that has been going on since TV and radio was introduced to our society!
The Nazis' help perfect the base root.. And America and companies like BP took it to the next level!!!

Well its about time their true colors where exposed!!!
And as it stands, Their true colors are easy to see... Take a look at the gulf!!!

Keep up with the good work my friend!
You are one of the oldschool members who I have been friends with since 2006!!!

As I stated before.. It simply is what it is..
And its time we the little folks stand up and are heard!!
I have boycotted BP.. Yet I know deep down it doesnt mean much..
I still drive to work..And use oil products...

Yet do I have a choice? Sure I do.. If I want to ride my bike 20 miles to work each day... Ack!!! You know what I mean..

Its like you are told you have a choice! But in essence we are prisoners of oil...
Yet I "could" break those bonds by riding my bike towork.. work 11 hours and try to ride home tired and beat up by the very system that beats us down and wears us out.. Sure its a choice... But its slanted in their favor.

We did make ourselfs lazy.. But they sertinly had a hand, and a big marketing tool that started when we where both kids..
So we are now paying the price of our lazy bones...

BP is to blame... Yet we the people are to blame for allowing ourselfs to become so soft that we don't want to bust our ass at work for hours and hours and then bust our ass on a bike ride just to rest for the next day..

Well I don't want to get off track and ramble on and on..

Nice seeing you again IgnoranceIsntBlisss!

Zy5

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I just love the green image they are presenting. *sarcasm laid on thick*

You know I must say my grandmother did a great job of teaching me not to buy into this crap as a kid. Of course that was 20-30 years ago, and I hated her for it at the time. I felt like a total loser cause I was the only one not wearing Niki's or hadn't seen the latest Disney flick. When I fist became an adult I totally rebelled against her teaching, but it soon wore off after I realized I wasn't getting the satisfaction from these things as I thought I would. Problem is there are so many people out there who don't even realize its wrong. Case in point. I was shopping with a friend the other day, and she went to grab some shampoo. She picked out a popular name brand that is pretty much just a watered down version of what I get and way more expensive. I suggested my brand to her but because it wasn't a 'name brand" she was sure it would be crap. In truth the cheaper brand is a higher quality than the name brand and can sell for less because they don't waste their money on commercials.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Greetings from Tampa!

I advocate gardens, and biodiesel. You can make your own biodiesel for ONE DOLLAR a gallon and get VW's that get 40mpg.

IIB Urban Garden 2010

I'm about to plant 150 more okra plants so I can trade them to the market a block away for stuff that I can't grow. It's this little Costa Rican owned market where all the prices are literally half of say Walmart. Sometimes the ground beef is only $1 a pound and tastes better than the big grocery stuff that costs something like 4x that. I don't know where his meat comes from but most of his produce is from Plant City and Miami.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   
hahaha thanks for sharing, this was bloody brilliant. My 14 month old likes the tune too, better than Barney.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Here goes the official website from this propaganda effort:
www.alittlebettergasstation.com...

I guess they expected little kids to actually type all that in, or they know there are parents stupid enough to get the site going and sit their kids in front of it.

Note the hypno spin animation where the front door should be, which leads to desktop and screensaver downloads... so your kids can see the "cast" (and their logos I'm sure) everytime them use the computer.

[edit on 11-6-2010 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join