It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 States Now Filing Versions of Arizona bill

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Gouzze

I was only getting rid of the mexican profiling issue, i used canadian, i can also use italian, or whatever comes to mind. I was on the issue of racial bais situation. ok. peace.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleSecret

Originally posted by nite owl
reply to post by LittleSecret

What if i were a canadian illeagal? NOPE, try again. flew out the window into ignorance.

I don't see you talking about closing the north border ?

And when was the last time a white person stopped and questioned ?

Last time I went to Canada I was stopped at the border and asked for ID. I am white. Coming back into the US I had to show ID again. I was still white.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by nite owl

lol, I was just saying...

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by yenko13

Originally posted by nite owl

What if i were a canadian illeagal? NOPE, try again. flew out the window into ignorance.

I don't see you talking about closing the north border ?

And when was the last time a white person stopped and questioned ?

The north border aint the problem , Do you need a ID on the moon ? the moon aint the problem and either are people from mars , MEXICO is the problem GET it

Respond to my other post, not this one, this one was not for you. Get it?

The people that are not citizens and break the laws and collect subsidies without paying into the system 80% brown 75% Mexican

How are the brown people the problem? And what is the definition of the problem in hand?

Illegals if you are a law breaker you are Illegal true that , Dont get it we have laws and we put people in Jail , Illegals are law breakers

[edit on 103131p://pmvpm by yenko13]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Primordial

Last time I went to Canada I was stopped at the border and asked for ID. I am white. Coming back into the US I had to show ID again. I was still white.

The most important parts of your post is in bold, in case you didn't notice it yourself.

Yes if you cross the border it is alright to check ID, but these laws encourage authorities to go after those who are not crossing the borders. Brown people are also citizens of the US, the problem with these laws would be the harassment of brown people.

Why I question these laws is due to the fact that the negative outweighs the positive.

Tell me if you disagree.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
People that have no ID are not allowed to be in this country why make a simple thing so hard , Get a legal ID and then you are fine

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   
ABOUT TIME OTHER STATES FOLLOW AZ'S LEAD. WE ARE IN AN ABSOLUTE MESS, AND I CANNOT BELIEVE THE LASHING AZ IS TAKING FOR THE REST OF THE COUNTRY - AS ALL OTHERS STAND BACK AND WATCH. BUT NOW, THE TIDES ARE BEGINNING TO TURN. STATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE CITIZENS ARE TAKING BACK WHAT HAD BEEN LOST FOR DECADES. PRAISE TO THE STATES STANDING-UP FOR THIS COUNTRY. TIME TO CLEAN HOUSE AND RECLAIM OUR POWER AS A NATION.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Okey, tired of waiting for my answer, so I'll put the question out to everyone. Could you show me EXACTLY and I do me exactly where in the Arizona Bill does it say it's only singling out mexicans? I've read the bill a few times and it's far easier to read that obama's health care bill and I've failed to see that section. Would someone point it out to me?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yenko13

The people that are not citizens and break the laws and collect subsidies without paying into the system 80% brown 75% Mexican

You confused the problem, the problem does pay in to the system, they work for America businesses, that is paying in to the system.

The problem is they are illegals.

That is the only problem, do you agree?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

The most important parts of your post is in bold, in case you didn't notice it yourself.

Yes if you cross the border it is alright to check ID, but these laws encourage authorities to go after those who are not crossing the borders. Brown people are also citizens of the US, the problem with these laws would be the harassment of brown people.

Why I question these laws is due to the fact that the negative outweighs the positive.

Tell me if you disagree.

I disagree.

The negative is that a citizen might have to show ID after being stopped for a legitimate reason. The same as it has always been.

The positive is that we may actually start doing something about the millions of illegals here.

There is nothing new here. The feds just haven't held up their end so now the states have to pick up the slack.

Edit to add:

The bold part you called attention to is another problem, they don't cross at a legal border crossing... so what's your solution.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Primordial]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

EXUSE ME, did you even think when you wrote that.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If Mexico is so great they should let me go there with drugs and sell them and rape there children and walk around with fake ID and get paid to do it , OH yea I could drive drunk and get free health care and food too while I am on vacation there Ha ha ha ha

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I disagree.

The negative is that a citizen might have to show ID after being stopped for a legitimate reason. The same as it has always been.

The positive is that we may actually start doing something about the millions of illegals here.

There is nothing new here. The feds just haven't held up their end so now the states have to pick up the slack.

Let's put the positives and the negatives on the table.

The negative will be the distrust by the brown American citizens towards the authorities causing division within the US.

The negative will be the unfortunate harassment of brown American citizens who are in America legally.

The negative will be the unfortunate targeting of brown American citizens who are in America legally.

The negative will be the collapse of many companies who's soul survival depends on illegals.

The negative will be the division between families, hence some family members are legal, some are not.

The negative will be the black mail of brown's in general by the rest of the society.

Now you fill in the positives:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yenko13
If Mexico is so great they should let me go there with drugs and sell them and rape there children and walk around with fake ID and get paid to do it , OH yea I could drive drunk and get free health care and food too while I am on vacation there Ha ha ha ha

So what you are saying is that these are the things that make the US great?

Of course you could do all that in mexico. Probably not get free food. You would get jail time and deported if busted but the same happens in the US.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Okey, I'll play.
Positive: Hopfully no more ranchers'll get killed on their own land by illegals crossing through their property.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I just have to add, I'm an emergency Room RN, I see a lot of illigals that work at a meat processing co. Yet thir meat costs as much as any others.So I don"t benefit from thir chep labor. a few do, but not me. so doing the jobs that other would not do FOR THE SAME PAY does not benefit me

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Let's put the positives and the negatives on the table.

The negative will be the distrust by the brown American citizens towards the authorities causing division within the US.

Yep. Nothing new there. Brown people already distrust authority.

The negative will be the unfortunate harassment of brown American citizens who are in America legally.

If they are stopped for a legitimate reason, as the law allows, it's not harassment.

The negative will be the unfortunate targeting of brown American citizens who are in America legally.

Same as above.

The negative will be the collapse of many companies who's soul survival depends on illegals.

If their survival depends on illegals they need to learn to conduct business legally or they deserve to go out of business. If it were up to me I'd close any business hiring illegals so, yeah, no sympathy from me there.

The negative will be the division between families, hence some family members are legal, some are not.

Then they shouldn't have come here ILLEGALLY in the first place. Again, no sympathy.

The negative will be the black mail of brown's in general by the rest of the society.

So it's racism, then harassment, and now blackmail? You better pay me sucka or I'm gonna ask you for ID.

Now you fill in the positives:

We tackle illegal immigration. Yeah I know, just one. But it's a big one.. don't ya think.

Now I'll ask again because everyone has something to say but no one will answer my question. It's a small one, I promise. Only 3 words.

What's your solution?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
Great, now all of them are going to flock to California, because California will be the LAST state to do anything like Arizona.

Actually California already has an existing law that's very similar to the Arizona law. Section 834b of the California Penal Code

(a) Every law enforcement agency in California shall fully cooperate with the United States Immigration and Naturalization Service regarding any person who is arrested if he or she is suspected of being present in the United States in violation of federal immigration laws.

...(1) Attempt to verify the legal status of such person as a citizen of the United States,
...The verification process may include, but shall not be limited to, questioning the person regarding his or her date and place of birth, and entry into the United States, and demanding documentation to indicate his or her legal status.

This law which was enacted long before Arizona's new law clear states that if they merely suspect that someone's immigration's status they can demand documentation that proves their status. Everyone in California feeling superior to Arizona needs point the finger right back at themselves. Arizona's law varies only slightly in verbiage from California's.

See related article in Washington Times

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
ONE HUGE POSITIVE:

FEWER DRUGS WILL BE INTRODUCED INTO THE USA.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynomor
I just have to add, I'm an emergency Room RN, I see a lot of illigals that work at a meat processing co. Yet thir meat costs as much as any others.So I don"t benefit from thir chep labor. a few do, but not me. so doing the jobs that other would not do FOR THE SAME PAY does not benefit me

You do benefit but indirectly.

The company owners receive more profits, those profits are spend within US, each expenditure gives tax to the government, create jobs...etc

People are just in a state of fear because the American economy is mutating, for the good or for the bad, I don't know.

At these times a country is suppose to stick together and blame the rest of the world, but from what I see, Americans are blaming Americans, that is a sign of weakness.

Good luck for the future.

My point is clearly stated in this thread.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join