It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 States Now Filing Versions of Arizona bill

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Could this be the start of the much rumored civil war that breaks the U.S. into 10 regions? This is an extremely sensitive topic and after hearing many media positions that actually favor illegal immigrants it seems plausible.

With states budgets being as bad as they are states are looking at every angle to curb spending. A possible double dip recession could fan the flames and cause even more division.

I'm all for immigration, but legally. If an immigrant can't afford to go through the immigration process then how are they going to support themselves in the U.S.? Oh yeah, go on the welfare roles where states can't even turn in welfare recipients that they know are illegal and working under the table while not paying into the system that supports and protects them.

If I hear one more time that it's the same way our forefathers got here I'm going to blow chunks. Our forefathers paid taxes and when they were first comeing here they had to fight for their lives, not get welfare and live the easy life.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

Gee what a surprise, the useless state of new york isn't on the list. I'm soo ashamed of this state.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

i hear you loud and clear bud, this state is moving to give them amnesty in fact. NY hasnt done anything to show me they arent completly with TPTB except to introduce a soverignty bill in the legislature... NY sucks..

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

YES it is the illegal alien fault you do not have a job, it is not because you are a lazySnip

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 22/5/2010 by Sauron]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
First you are against a police-state.

Now you are FOR Police-state.

Facepalm.

Americans are the most gullible-flip/flop , easy-to-manipulate people in the whole world.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by WXBackdoor]

Study up on the difference between 'law and order' and 'oppression', and get back to us when you can tell the two apart, ok?

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
While in theory it seems a good idea to "weed out" illegals who supposedly take away jobs, get free hospital care while we pay the bill, etc. etc.
As someone who lives in New Jersey what popped into my mind was the big racial profiling scandal of the NJ State Police of the nineties.

www.nytimes.com...

If the proposition is passed in NJ and racial profiling rears its ugly head again I can guarantee race wars and cop killings will be the the new frontier for "homegrown terrorism". Just another reason for martial law and the end of EVERYONES civil liberties.

Come on - wake up! Your being strung along again......

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoooooedup

YES it is the illegal alien fault you do not have a job, it is not because you are a lazy Snip

Let me tell you something, I have worked my butt off for over 30 years. I am no longer collecting unemployment. I am not collecting welfare. Lazy huh? I have an elderly Mother I check on often who lives downstairs from me and help my disabled husband and make jewelry that I will be selling. I do housework in my own home and my mother's home. I could go on, but why bother? Take your insults elsewhere, they are not appreciated!

[Mod Edit - quote]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

YES it is the illegal alien fault you do not have a job, it is not because you are a lazy Snip

The fact is that illegal aliens are criminals and thus should not be here in the first place.
The fact is that since some businesses are willing to hire illegals and pay cash under the table, jobs are lost and tax revenue is lost.
The fact is that when illegals don't pay into the system and take from the system, we all lose except those selfish illegals.

[Mod Edit - quote]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

The fact is that illegal aliens are criminals and thus should not be here in the first place.
The fact is that since some businesses are willing to hire illegals and pay cash under the table, jobs are lost and tax revenue is lost.
The fact is that when illegals don't pay into the system and take from the system, we all lose except those selfish illegals.

Thanks! You're so right. There are even simple factory jobs where you are required to speak spanish now. It is difficult to find a job when illegals are willing to work for less than minumum wage. They get hired before a legal citizen. We have many people who can no longer afford to retire and need jobs. We have kids who need money for college who are having difficulties finding jobs. Then you have all the people in the middle who are unemployed trying to find a job. That's a lot of competition. There was one place that had more than 200 applicants all applying for the same job. This is reality.

[Mod Edit - quote]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I live in Austin TX and so far there is no word here about our state actually considering passing immigration enforcement. Our city council wasted our tax money debating and passing a ban on city business travel to AZ. So unfortunately, unless I actually hear otherwise, you can strike TX from the list of states actually protecting our borders.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Little FYI

TPTB don't care who's in, what laws are passed, what large corporations control what, the only thing they care about is control over the banking system worldwide.

It's not that hard of a formula when you control all the banks.

"Give me control of a nation's money
and I care not who makes the laws." by:
Mayer Amschel Rothschild

Originally posted by notsoperfect
reply to post by TheCoffinman

TPTB should be scared of this developing situation. It must be something they haven't expected to happen. "Money can control everything". That's what they would believe. Obviously not. I think EU is going to break up just like the US is about to break up also. This also could mean the martial law is close in the near future. 24 experts can not all be wrong.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
reply to post by Afterthought

This law in a way it is against "the citizen" , because if an American-Citizen looks like a Mexican he will be asked to show his document like a jew in 1939!!!!!!!!!!

In the last 10 years, I've been asked by the authorities to 'show my papers' 137 times. Each time, it was a simple thing to do, didn't inconvenience me at all. I think it's about high time that the illegal aliens are extended the same courtesy I, a legal citizen, am by the authorities.

Su passaporte, por favor.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Good! I hope Florida gets on this list, they need to!

I don't care what country you come from just do it the legal way. I have seen more jobs go to illegals in my area than anything. We even have a few at my job and I hate to say it but they are the worst. More states need to do this!

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
what are you going to do with the illegal immigrants that are polish, italian, irish, british, canadian, portuguese

Deport them.

There is nothing in our laws that stipulates which illegal aliens can stay and which should go. Rather, any person found to be in this country illegally should be, and hopefully will be, subject to deportation.

i doubt the white looking illegal aliens are going to pick strawberries and lettuce in their lowriders.

I'm white and pick strawberries, but I'm a citizen, so I get to stay. As for any other fruit pickers, car customizers, white folk, purple folk, black folk, orange folk, etc....if they are here illegally they should be deported according to current Federal legislation.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Unfortunately I cannot foresee New York joining the list, hell we can't even get a budget approved yet,(2 months late almost). But ya'll have my support.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by itsallmaya

No thats just NJ for you. NJ is always at the brink of race riots, regardless if the situation is a white guy winning a local boxing match or if its a police officer looking at a thug the "wrong way" after the thug commits a crime. The thugs there (and NY) are treated with more respect than ANY other state I've ever been to. Yet they WHINE the loudest. Thats just NJ, nothing more to it.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

FEMA camps still are the fear. You might want to check out the link I provided cross referencing the states who are with Arizona & how prepared they are for containment & deportation of criminals.

I don't want to ever see another genocide, but the police are going to lose their power to FEMA soon. Look at how the police are being down-sized across the nation. I'm definitely seeing a shift in the power structure. What if the really nasty police will be asked to join FEMA & man the camps of illegals?

If anyone is sent to a fema camp and harmed in any way, we can stand together and make sure that doesn't happen. We don't want illegals, but we're not that heartless.

I felt this was important enough to copy the entire quotes.

This is exactly what people don't seem to understand. We are not asking for them to be sent to camps, we are not asking for them to be treated poorly. We are asking for them to be returned to the country in which they are citizens in order to curtail them living in the shadows of our society illegally.

The majority of illegal immigrants are probably decent, good people. They have as much chance of being "good people" as any other citizen of this country.

However, and this is what differentiates them from citizens and those here lawfully -- they knowingly broke our laws by crossing our borders and remaining here illegally.

This is not an emotional nor moral issue. This is not a witch hunt, nor is it anti-Mexican. What it is is a problem that needs to be addressed, preferably from the Federal government. In absence of the Federal government doing its job, the states are left no choice but to enforce the laws. Especially since it's the states that have to deal with them.

Could they have a better life here than where they came from? Maybe....probably.

But I could have a better life living in Windsor Castle, but they won't let me in there either.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lpowell0627

I agree with you completely.
The part we need to worry about is if they are going to use the illegals to begin a darker agenda.
I don't want you to misunderstand that I was not calling for camps to be used & manned by violent police. I was simply mentioning that it is possible & we need to be ready to combat any type of violence against anyone, especially those whose passports expired long ago.
The US needs to regain its image proir to the Patriot Act & the discovery of CIA torture tactics recently used. Maybe its always been going on & we haven't been able to see past the smoke & mirrors, but it's high time that we become aware.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
"Conservatives" loathe government intervention (by liberals), but they'll cry til the cows come home for more of it when it's in their best interests.

"Liberals" want government supported protections for the least of us (against conservatives), but they will cry for the same abusive powers when it suits them.

In the end, the dichotomy of terms is useless, semantic fancy. The reality is clear.

I say, let's get it over with, we're "yearning for fascism" as Hedges puts it. I wish McCain would have won, maybe we'd be further along - at least in obviousness.

The sooner we get it ushered in, the sooner more people will be aware of its existence, the sooner we can get rid of it.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join