It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

17 States Now Filing Versions of Arizona bill

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by nite owl
reply to post by GorehoundLarry

Was that radical enough for you. You show that picture because maybe you have an illegal in your home your protecting. If you have proper ID then what are you worried about? Proper ID , then you go on your merry way. ok.

I'm glad you brought that up.

I shouldn't have to be hiding an "illegal" in my home to be concerned about this. This bill violates many rights of actual legal citizens. Soon enough you will see that. If you don't, then many of us will.

Many Non Jews in WW2 showed their paper work to prove they're not Jewish and carried on their merry ways..while Jews got sent to camps or executed.

Sorry, But I won't stand down on this one. I won't defend such a violating and REPULSIVE bill that gives police a "right" to harass anyone and everyone.

I will not be part of your brainwashed herd.
I assure you of that, sir.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Officers breaking into homes to round up people? That..sounds somewhat familiar....

You know, I'm all for us learning the lessons in history and all, but if you're going to use such a radical comparison you might want to make sure it's even applicable first.

We're talking about giving a free ride back home to those who aren't supposed to be here, who KNOW they aren't supposed to be here, and who have side-stepped around others who could be here legally along the way.

What we're not talking about is :

Taking a certain race/religion out of this country, as long as they're legal they have a right to be here.

Putting people in slave labor camps.

Putting people in gas chambers because of their race/religion.

Eradicating any race/religion in any way.

You're not even close to comparing apples to oranges here, you're comparing apples to airports.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloist

You really have no idea what happens to Mexicans who are deported back to Mexico do you? You really have no idea MANY Mexicans rather go back to their homeland because they are dragged here by their families or gangs...but if they inform authorities they are illegal, they'll be f'd over like many others.

Please, educate yourself on this manner. I believe you have much potential.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Nobody in support of this bill should ever complain about police brutality, because you obviously don't believe that police ever bend laws to their own advantage. Or is it just that if you are not going to be effected then it's alright?

I have heard police interrogators say that given enough time they could get anybody to admit to committing a crime that they have not done. I have also heard police officers say that if you follow a person for long enough, they are going to do something worthy of being pulled over. There is your "lawful stop" which warrants having to show papers of identification if you look like you could be an illegal immigrant. To sum things up, the racist cop needs to spot somebody they dislike and find something they are doing wrong. Thankfully, the US doesn't have cops that would abuse their power like that...

We all know that legal loopholes come from poorly written laws. Obviously, HB1070 is a poorly written law even after it's revisions. Maybe, it's alright to get sensational over Americas boarder issues and pass flawed laws even if it screws over small groups of Americans.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Styki

This Bill is a perfect excuse for controlling Americans and lives. Many are just too blind to see.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Enforcing a pre-existing law does not constitute "police brutality."

If you can't drive properly and get pulled over, and are an illegal immigrant, you deserve to be deported, as is the custom of many lands.

I guess reality is brutal sometimes.

P

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

You really have no idea what happens to Mexicans who are deported back to Mexico do you?

Yep, actually I've lived most of my life in border states, and have many LEGAL Mexican friends, even some in the family. But to answer your question above, they turn right around and sneak back in. And currently, there is no way to stop it, hopefully this will change.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

AHHHH, go thru the process of leagalization. We do have a process you know. Then you won't get f# over as you say. ok, the process.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jfj123

You people are amusing
I like the way you attempt to elevate yourself above the rest of us by the implication that you have elite knowledge into a grand conspiracy that you alone can see and the rest of us can't even imagine.

Come on, not everything is a conspiracy

You are correct...it is not a conspiracy at all...it is politics, logic and strategy. I have no "elite knowledge"...I have all the same information as you have. You just don't piece them together properly.

Have you been surprised by a lot of things in the political world these past 2 years??? I haven't...you can see it play by play...that is if you look at it correctly.

It is very simple with this topic. You are going to have an initial push...and a greater pushback. Who ever moves first loses...well Arizona and the anti-immigration group moved first...and they will lose. Do you think it was just by chance Obama decided not to make immigration his next agenda item after healthcare? It seemed like the next logical step...everyone was screaming for it...on both sides. Do you really think he just decided out of thin air just to wait on this? It's a chess match...do you play chess? Does every move seem as it originally appears?

Now at this point, I would expect a response such as, "I find people like you equally amusing" and I'm sure the word "sheeple" could slip in there somewhere. Or better yet, you might accuse me of being some sort of disinfo agent...wow that would really push your fantasy along wouldn't it? A super secret government agent trying to discredit you so you can't spread the ultimate truth that would set the world FREE !!!!

Or some crap like that right ?

Nope...you are just playing the game the system provided...instead of recognizing the system.

link   

Originally posted by nite owl

AHHHH, go thru the process of leagalization. We do have a process you know. Then you won't get f# over as you say. ok, the process.

I think you have much potential to understand this situation, but I feel you are blind to it. I only hope you open your eyes someday. Someday I hope you see it isn't easy to just go through the "process of legalization" as you put it....

Take care.

link   
I live in San Diego. There are no jobs. none. We have so many illegals that I meet like 10 people a day who don't speak a word of english. It's a problem. It's a big problem.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

WHY would you be stopped for anything other than driving? And in that case, one ALWAYS has to show a drivers license, plus proof of insurance in my state. Illegals shouldn't have either document. Case closed.

Are you suggesting that police officers only job is traffic stops? Did this Arizona law say it will only be used during a traffic stop? You don't really believe that do you?

That is pretty silly.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloist

You really have no idea what happens to Mexicans who are deported back to Mexico do you?

Yep, actually I've lived most of my life in border states, and have many LEGAL Mexican friends, even some in the family. But to answer your question above, they turn right around and sneak back in. And currently, there is no way to stop it, hopefully this will change.

Indeed. Secure the border carefully...more than it is now...

But to reply to your statement about them coming back in....some of them may do so..However...many immigrants are deported to Mexican prisons..left for dead.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
If you have laws you have people that break them and we are just taking out the people who broke our laws , Why do you think there are immigration laws , Because we know we would be invaded and would have to kick out some people that dont follow our rules , Go to ant country and try that and you will be in for a ride of your life,

Kick the invaders out and secure the borders

Then let some people come after a background check , Whats wrong with that

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
I live in San Diego. There are no jobs. none. We have so many illegals that I meet like 10 people a day who don't speak a word of english. It's a problem. It's a big problem.

I honestly don't get the speak English thing.

I feel like I am missing out because I don't speak Spanish.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

.many immigrants are deported to Mexican prisons..left for dead.

Then why the hell do we want them here if there own country wants them in jail , good point made by you

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Disinformation works both ways---Do some research before you make
statements like that

en.wikipedia.org...

States with “stop and identify” statutes

And the disinformation continues.

Here is the quote I replied to

I hate to point this out to you but when your stopped by the police you must show your papers, Also known as your id proving your a citizen.

And I said that was false because there is no law that requires you to PROVE YOU ARE A CITIZEN.

Plus...stop and identify laws require ONE thing...to verbally identify yourself...that means give your name. In some states...you are required to give your address. Some require written identification IF AVAILABLE. And here is the kicker...in most states that have it...there is no penalty for not complying.

So...I'm sorry...but your "stop and identify" law does not require you to prove you are a citizen (which is what I was replying to)...and it certainly doesn't require you to "show your papers".

Care to show me the current law that requires you to prove you are a citizen??? Or are you just going to attempt to deflect again?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by oriondc

The idea is that police are not perfect. They are human, therefore flawed. We have racist police that will target Americans of Mexican decent because they can. This will force people to carry identification (papers) and accept more harassment from racist law enforcement officers.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Oh please, enlighten me. You are my savior in wisdom and knoweledge so tell me of i KNOW NOT. I need to be in the learning of my land, for i am ignorant to the ways ye old land. Help me see the way of ye illegal alien. for they are citizens of ye land. So come fourth from ye other lands and be one with the new country,for you and many millions more illegals shall flood this country till the cup runeth over.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by yenko13

.many immigrants are deported to Mexican prisons..left for dead.

Then why the hell do we want them here if there own country wants them in jail , good point made by you

But not a valid point made by you....

their country wants them in prison because they broke the law. They escaped their country to come to ours and then get deported back.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join