It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is electricity attracted to me?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I am a 33yr old male living in the BigD
When i was growing up i had a number of odd electrical events happen. The first happened when i was around 5 yrs old. I was pluging a string of lights into an extension cord Bam the socket exploded and burnt the extension cord in two. No serious injury occured except the ringing in my ears. I remember i felt odd for about a week after. As i grew older this happened a few more times and it actually made me feel good. Now the house i grew up in was located by a transformer. The closest room to it was our living room. On a number of occasions the transformer would blow during a storm. Over the years i noticed it only would blow when i was in the living room.
The last experience was the most dramatic, i fell asleep watching a movie a vey mild storm rolled in as i didnt wake. I literally jumped up from the couch at the moment a large bolt of lighting obliterated the transformer. The mmount of electricity i absorbed was incredible as i could feel it in my body for weeks after.

I know no longer liver near a transformer but just recently had a cord explode it has been 2 years since the last incident. Why is it starting again.

The belived side effects are insomnia, shaking, ringing of the ears and way too many deja vu experiences.
If anyone has any suggestions or comments please post em.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Could it be your magnetic personality?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
On a serious note, I don't have any answers. But it must affect your personal life somewhat?
And, could your first experience left minute bits of matter that attracts electricity?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
it used to effect my personal life but i have it under controll except the sleeping and listed items.

I have read about people being hit by lightning but i believe this is different.

I have always been staticaly charged, being able to shock people quite well.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Oh also i do believe i have some tie in with unexplainable things. Time loss loss of memories. This could be of alien sources not et just alien.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Could it be your magnetic personality?

Dammit!!!

I only opened this thread so i could make that joke!

well done on timing i suppose

*wanders off*

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
We're discussing this down in Paranormal Studies in Electrical Problems

Come on down and join us! I too have an unusual static electricity level. Do you have sort of other experiences that would lead you to believe this may be UFO/alien related?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by el_topo
We're discussing this down in Paranormal Studies in Electrical Problems

Come on down and join us! I too have an unusual static electricity level. Do you have sort of other experiences that would lead you to believe this may be UFO/alien related?

Honestly i dont know i have no proof just what i know and dont know.

I will go over to the electrical forum

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:50 AM
link   
the term SLIDER means...street light interfearance/direct energy reciever............(dam I HOPE thats the correct wording) ...I KNOW the SLIDER term is correct.....

We are people that effect electricity, electrical itams of all kinds.
Some can learn to blink out streetlights at will....very cool party trick.
personally I cant STAND having to buy a new starter motor for whatever car I am driving every 6 months or so.
The amount of regular light bulbs I go through is disgusting....my brother will NOT allow me to TOUCH any light switches in his house...not good. Oh not to mention the poor strings of Xmass lights.......

Some SLIDERS burn out TV sets.....cash redgisters.....adding machines at alarming rates. Anything we turn off and on thats electrical....

I havent heard of us getting hit by lightning or anything
.....but do you notice how many street lights blow out just cuz you drive by? its commical actually

Do some ATS searches on this...google to...

we all here that high pitched buzzing sound.........

I sometimes wonder if we have Alien DNA or something strange.....I dunno

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
So I'm not nuts when streetlights go out when I go under them....

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I hear a "ringing" in my ear every so often. I too am a slider, although I have been paying much attention as of late to this ability. But, there are times where I my hearing just "goes out" (usually in one ear) and all I hear is a steady tone (high pitch) for about 15 seconds and then it gradually fades. It's been happening more frequently as of late.

So, the ringing in my ear is a sign that I am a slider? Kinda cool. Now, if I can only levitate objects with my mind. I'd like to levitate and move my car so that I can stop paying these ridiculous gas prices.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The ringing in your ears is most likely tinnitus.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
i have had this psychic thing going on since i was about 7, and i am forever getting earaches and the likes. no Dr can ever find a problem.
i was told by a wise person once that it was because of energys talking to me. as it comes in at a differant frequancy.

one day it will be knows, the truth i mean

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I don't think I would call myself a SLIDER, but I do get a few of the symptoms you lot have.

I get ringing in the ears a lot, *exactly* as Freenrgy2 describes.
I also get electric shocks an awful lot, off anything - even my dogs. Some people say it's a reaction with the clothing you're wearing (cotton I think it is, probably wrong, can't remember), but I doubt it's that, as I am always wearing something different.

I don't get the experiences of lights going off though... That would be cool!

lol.

Nothing has ever blown on me though... Although a few years ago, when I got a new computer, I went through a few hard disk drives within a couple of months (they all got currupt/fried, can't remember exactly), but that could easily just be unlucky. Not had anything like that since.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hss anyone noticed there have been alot of threads about this kind of thing recently? When i go on computers and stuff they sometimes blink on and off and do weird stuff like that. Tv also do weird stuff when i'm around them sometimes. Especially recently. Maybe something is going on that is causing all this.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
my mum has a habit of killing electrical appliances.
She used to work as a cleaner at a hospital, and she had to use this buffer to polish the floors. Well it would very often refuse to work for her, but be fine for other people that would use it. She would walk past rooms and set of patients alarms. More often than not, when she uses her PC it ends up freezing on her, but is fine when my stepdad is on it.
Things just seem to stop working when she's around.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I suggest most of you take a night school class in Physics.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
sorry...wrong thread

[edit on 9-6-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I have two Questions

Have you seen the movie powder? and if so how many times?

\And Are you a Albino?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
ive got a freaky sort of thing with electricity too. what you read next you will think is wierd, but its true i swear...

when im travelling in a car, i see streetlights burn out at a very high rate. ive seen two in a row burn out...could it be that i just notice it more? possibly, but ive always thought i see too many street lights burn out... now why doesnt this happen in my home, i dunno. its just what i observe.

there was one more wierd thing that happened to me with electricity. i was driving in my car back from a client in the middle of a big storm. i was driving and i had a period where it seems to me i blacked out and then my next recollection is that i was driving again a bit up the road and there was an intense buzzing shooting around the inside of the car like static electricity. ive never been sure what it was but i guessed that either lightning hit the car or came close to it....

k those are my wierd but true electricity tales...thoughts?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   
well gee Spangbr.....

It does sound like you are a slider yes.......to the first part of your post.

Now..... the second part of your post is a tad more SCAREY I think, cuz it sounds alot like you were abducted from your car by Aliens and then put back all safe and snug like
Do you have any other recollections of 'missing time'???

The driving down the highway and having lights blink out on you all the way down the road is a VERY typicall experiance for a SLIDER. Freeky for sure, but can be seen by anyone else in the car..(and the other cars to)...so I have LOTS & LOTS & LOTS of witnesses. The faster your driving the faster the lights go out, cuz they go out WHEN you drive by them.

[edit on 10-6-2004 by theRiverGoddess]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join