It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitler: Pretty in Pink

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I think these 18ft. posters are worthy of staying right where they are & should not only be popping up in Italy. I believe that the picture of Hitler in that pink, loving outfit speaks volumes about what is really going on in the world today &, sad to say, history is repeating itself.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

We have tyrants among us who are simply hiding within a cloaked "friendly green" image that we are wanting so desperately believe is for the good of mankind & the Earth. Instead, we are punched & kicked with lies, upon lies, upon lies until we are so beaten down that we don't even have the energy to know how or where to begin, let alone where the matrix ends.

And what do they want? The posters must all be removed!
No room for artistic free speech. You wanna know why? Because the poster's message is in the universal language only symbolism can accomplish.
No translating necessary. This image could be plastered from Russia to China & everyone would understand.
Thank you, Hitler, for making your deadly, hateful image so well known!
This is a smack in the face to the New World Order.
Point blank in their face!

Well, if I can be so obliged to say: I'll be damned if this isn't the best piece of Protest Art that I've seen in a looonnnggg time! I hope the posters remain up for all to see - up close & around the world! To the artist(s) & all who contributed to the design & distribution, I feel compelled to give you all a standing ovation!

Maybe we can hang one of these posters from the Washington Monument?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

It was to promote a line of clothing, and really not a political statement.

Why would you like to see a sign like this in Washington, to promote clothing?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hitler wasn't part of the NWO, Hitler wanted his OWN NWO!
History isn't repeating, the bad guys, in this case the NWO WON WW2!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

What in the ever loving f are you talking about? 'Protest art'? Seriously?

I think it's ridiculous people are getting upset over the posters but to hail them as some sort of 'smack in the face to the NWO' is probably one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yaaaaayyy, Hitler !!!

I think that a democracy which holds dear so many principles of "freedom" should be able to handle something like this, without wanting it removed..

If you remove this, you re no better that the depicted man himself.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
OK, sorry. I forgot we're all not awake yet.
I guess if the armband had a picture of Hello, Kitty!
It represents a reprogramming of today's youth.
Maybe I'm the only one that sees that it is trying to tell folks that no matter what a politician is telling you & no matter what attractive symbols they're flashing in your face, it's all just pretty paper.

It doesn't matter what consumer product this image is promoting. The company is using the money in it's own budget to spread a message to the the world, especially the impressionable youth. We must all start to look deeper, much past the flashy colors & propaganda images.

All politicians & leaders who think they're cleverly fooling us in their sheep's clothing, aren't going to fool this new up & coming generation that will understand how things are actually being accomplished in the world.

You can all go back to your Sunday Comics, X-Men, & Tommy Hilfiger now.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Afterthought]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Regenstorm
Hitler wasn't part of the NWO, Hitler wanted his OWN NWO!
History isn't repeating, the bad guys, in this case the NWO WON WW2!

No shyte, Sherlock!
His ideas have survived long past his time. His desires to snuff out people he didn't approve of, eugenics, & total control have seeped into the leaders of today.
If you don't think that many people who think they're in control today have not read Hitler's philosophies & would love to implement them, you need to look around you.
Go eat a GM burger. Be sure to wash it down with some Monsanto Soymilk, while you're at it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

really not a political statement.

Unlike, for example, Gay Black Jewish Klansmen for Tolerance and Understanding, which clearly is a political statement.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by LordBucket]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought

It doesn't matter what consumer product this image is promoting. The company is using the money in it's own budget to spread a message to the the world, especially the impressionable youth. We must all start to look deeper, much past the flashy colors & propaganda images.

No, it doesn't really matter what product was being promoted. The ad was in bad taste, directed towards youth, in a country that suffered a lot of losses in WW2.

Of course people old enough to remember would find the ad in bad taste.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

The billboard in question, was put up in Italy.

The picture in your post, was that a billboard?

edit to add:

Do you have a link, that shows where your picture is from, and if in fact it was a billboard, say put up in the south somewhere?

I guess I am missing your correlation between your post, and what the topic of this thread is.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

really not a political statement.

Unlike, for example, Gay Black Jewish Klansmen for Tolerance and Understanding, which clearly is a political statement.

I want to get a few of my friends & go as them for Halloween!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

The billboard in question, was put up in Italy.

What's the difference? It's a message no matter how it is displayed. The posters (not one billboard) is certainly catching more eyes, but the point your making is moot. I wish more people could see the Klansmen in that store window, but alas.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
And what message is it that you get, because I am going to tell you what message I got from the billboard.

The message was to NOT follow a person in the way of a fashion trend. The fact that they used Hitler was in bad taste, and used only to draw attention, which it has.

Once again, it was in poor taste, and is being removed.

edit remove quote

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by Afterthought

No, it doesn't really matter what product was being promoted. The ad was in bad taste, directed towards youth, in a country that suffered a lot of losses in WW2.

Of course people old enough to remember would find the ad in bad taste.

I don't understand why you think that the image is in bad taste. Look at the contrast of the bright images against his drab, black/white photo.
I'm imagining a little girl & her dad walking through the streets when they come across this poster. The little girl points at it & asks, "Who's that, daddy?"
"That's Hitler."
"Wow! Everyone must've loved him!"
"No, honey. He was a very bad man who tortured & killed millions of people because he simply hated them & wanted them wiped off the face of the Earth that he wanted complete & total control of." (Sorry, dad got a little carried away)
"Oh, why is he wearing a heart then?"
"So we'll remember that he hid behind his lies & we must never let someone like that trick us ever again."
Excuse me for the dramatics.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   

No. It's a picture that's been floating around the internet for years. I have no idea what its origin is...but from the enclosed, interior stage they appear to be standing on, I would guess it was an entry in some sort of costume competition of some kind.

I am missing your correlation between your post,
and what the topic of this thread is.

Some people are offended by the hitler imagery. Personally I think it's both entertaining and useful. You pointed out in this post that the hitler imagery was used to promote clothing, and presumably therefore...its potential philosophical value is diminished.

So I gave you a similar picture with a similar theme and a similar messages that was not promoting a product.

And now we sit back to see what your reaction is. Whether you're still offended, etc.

And what message is it that you get

It is a deliberate removal of associative conditioning. People see Hitler, people see Klansmen, and they have an emotional reaction. People are trained to react to these things, just like dogs.

By taking this imagery and associating it with something ridiculous, the weighty emotional connections may be removed from the subconscious mind of the viewer.

And speaking of Hitler imagery suitable for deconditioning, here's some of my favorite: It's Springtime for Hitler and Germany!

it was in poor taste

Only because you're experiencing a trained emotional reaction, just like a trained dog salivating to a bell.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Do I find the picture you posted offensive, yes, I do. Was it up on a billboard, no, it wasn't, so, while you think you are making a comparison here, I don't see it that way.

I have never seen the picture you showed floating around the internet. But, people who don't even have the internet saw the billboard.

And my reaction, if I lived in Italy, would not to be to salivate over the clothing line, but to be sure to never even consider purchasing any of it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Well said, Lord Bucket!

Those Nazi scientists sure did understand a lot about the human psyche!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Was it up on a billboard, no

But, people who don't even have the internet saw the billboard.

So? Why does that matter?

Are you saying it's in good taste to show Hitler in pink so long as you do it in private?

I find the picture you posted offensive, yes, I do

Well, maybe it's time for you to get over that. Personally, I have a tough time feeling unpleasant emotional involvement with an icon related to an event that happened to people I've never met, halfway across the world, before I was born.

Why does it affect you?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket

Well, maybe it's time for you to get over that. Personally, I have a tough time feeling unpleasant emotional involvement with an icon related to an event that happened to people I've never met, halfway across the world, before I was born.

Why does it affect you?

en.wikipedia.org...

Not everyone who participates on ATS was born way before WW2. Some of us still have parents alive, who fought.

Feel free to look at the link I posted for you, as it lists casualties from many countries, and among them is Italy. Maybe you will get some perspective as to why the billboard was in bad taste.

edit to add: from the link

World War II casualties

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Some of us still have parents alive, who fought.

And how very sad it is that their legacy to you was pavlovian conditioning causing you to feel unhappy at simple imagery that inspires some of us to laughter.

Feel free to look at the link I posted for you

Yep. People died. Now answer my question: Why does it affect you?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join