It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ok WTF just happened to me?!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
So i'm standing at a copy machine after lunch just now and out of nowhere the weirdest feeling of my entire life hit me.

It literally felt like the Earth fell away from my feet by like 6 feet. I literally thought the ground dropped from beneath me. For about 2 seconds i felt like i was in complete freefall then felt like i slowly and softly landed on the ground as my feet re-connected with the Earth.
I literally looked around and expected to see people tripping out because an earthquake had just hit.
It's been 5 minutes now and my head feels groggy and my balance is a little weird.

Has anybody experienced anything like this? It's trippin me out bigtime!

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Romans 10:9]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
You should get checked out, the symptoms you describe can be evidence of blood pressure issues.

CX

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
No idea.....but maybe you should get checked out, i know strokes can be very mild and have the most unusual and unexpected symptoms.....i don't want to sound like the bringer of doom but it's just worth getting checked.

A mate of mine was at work recently and just started laughing hysterically, very much out of place for the situation, then was groggy, he'd had a stroke.

Otherwise, are you drinking enough during the day? Maybe you're dehydrated?

Hope you are ok and get it sorted.

CX.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I agree with the others above.

Get to a doctor and get checked out.

This can be many things, including brain malfunctions, heart problems, and blood problems.

Not saying it is...but yknow, I worry about ATS members and their health.

So see a doctor...for me, if anything.

Thanks and good luck!

PS- If the doc says you are fine...then we can all deduce that this was a timewave-zero/alien-contact sort of weird thing without a doubt.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Or you might be sensitive to ULF (ultra low frequency) disturbances — which have been associated with earthquakes and other seismic movements. Some people are "sensitive" to these disturbances, which often occur shortly before the "main event"... So, your momentary wooziness may foretell of an earthquake yet to happen.

The woozier you feel, generally speaking, the stronger the earthquake.

But that doesn't mean the earthquake is going to occur right under your feet or even in the same country. Because ULF has such an extremely long frequency, it can penetrate the earth or ocean with ease — so, the origin of the seismic event may be on the other side of the planet from where you are.

Have you ever felt this woozy sensation before?

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 5/21/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Is your name Bret Michaels by any chance?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Blood pressure, yes. Possibly the inner ear or even the brain.

But definitely have a DOCTOR check you out.

I'm handy with a knife, but I ain't no doctor.

I sincerely hope that it is nothing serious.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I would recommend going to the hospital if you are not feeling better soon. Just a thought based on your lingering light headiness it could be serious. I'm no physician though so you can call it.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If I would sit down immediately after a long run, while I was still catching my breath, I would get the 'lifts'--where it felt exactly like the chair I was in was rocketing up into the atmosphere toward outer space.

I was alarmed at first, but grew to enjoy it the next couple times it happened. It wasn't from sitting in dining room chair, it was always a comfy chair--a rocker. I think it was preventing some circulation due to it's level of comfyness. It hasn't happened since my early 20's, but I do have friends that have eaten some 'special' brownies and had the same effect.

Maybe your knees were locked as you stood and you were about to lose consciousness?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I once had anemia and it caused a very strange, sort of up and down rocking sensation, as if the whole world around me was sort of moving up and down, rhythmically. It lasted on and off for a couple of days before I got it checked out (I was in college at the time). Doc. gave me some diet restrictions, told me to get some rest, and it went away in a couple days.

It could be you just had a weird, momentary inner ear issue that made your sense of balance go all wonkey.

But it could be worse, and they did check me for other things to make sure I didn't have some more serious condition when I had my problem. As others have said, you should do the same.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
You fell asleep while standing. You went into REM sleep for a slit second.

Line No. 2.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
first dont panic try to rember everything you ate before this happened take any medication before it happened?
but like every one is saying if it dont go away fast and you still feel weird even now go to a doctor its probably blood presser
the other guys right you can get that same feeling after running and sitting to fast as blood presser equalizes to quickly always jog after a run the walk it down then sit

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
OP, what you describe sounds like a blood pressure problem, OR Labyrinthitis:

"A prominent and debilitating symptom of labyrinthitis is acute vertigo. The vestibular system is a set of sensory inputs consisting of three semicircular canals, sensing changes in rotational motion, and the otoliths, sensing changes in linear motion. The brain combines visual cues with sensory input from the vestibular system to determine adjustments required to retain balance. When working properly, the vestibular system also relays information on head movement to the eye muscle, forming the vestibulo-ocular reflex, in order to retain continuous visual focus during motion. When the vestibular system is affected by labyrinthitis, rapid, undesired eye motion (nystagmus), often results from the improper indication of rotational motion. Nausea, anxiety, and a general ill feeling are common due to the distorted balance signals that the brain receives from the inner ear.
This can also be brought on by pressure changes such as those experienced while flying or scuba diving."
(Wikipedia)

Like others said, go to a doctor.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
I checked my BP recently and it was same as always, 130/70. I work-out regularly and at 6'2'' and 200 lbs i'm in good shape.
I was standing up for a few minutes before it happened, so i know it wasn't a getting-up-too-fast thingy.
I'm not on any meds. I take benadryl every now and then for allergy season, but haven't in like 4 days...and besides i know how benadryl makes me feel.
I take melatonin at nite to sleep, but have never had any after-effects from it.

Man, that sh!t was weird. It was like i was in one of those zero-gravity planes for a few seconds. Like the bottom dropped out and i was free floating until i gently landed back on the ground.
My heart never jumped or raced before or after it. It was all a head trip that left me a little dizzy and discombobulated.
I've never felt anything like that before...ever.
It felt like what i would picture as a ULF wave hitting me....even though i have no idea what that would be like....or like falling through into another dimension or something...it was that strange.
Thanks for the replies and i'll check back in if it happens again. Right now i'm still a little woozy feeling.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
... or it could just be fluctuation in blood sugar. You did mention it was just after lunch.

If it happens more than once, or runs in your family then get it checked out. Pay attention to the details around it (like you just had lunch, just slammed a triple espresso, etc.).

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Did you have any visual abnormality like a tunnel vision effect?

What you describe reminds me of when I was younger when I got a high temperature and was very sick.

Light headedness, felt like I was almost floating then I would get tunnel vision.

This usually followed by an immediate projectile vomiting.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Nah, no tunnel vision. But my vision blurred for a couple seconds cause it was like a fell at terminal velocity for 6 feet.

I ate spicy, curry chicken with rice for lunch...nothing unusual cause my wife is asian.

Not really any high amounts of caffeine in my system at the time.

I asked my sister and she said she has had it happen so bad before that she has literally grabbed the edge of a table while she was standing thinking she had fallen or there had been an earthquake.
I posted a thread in a neurological forum for some info. Whatever it was i'll just deal with it through prayer and drinking a sh!tload of water....that's what i always do if i feel a little ill.
Thanks guys.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I had a flashback once while giving a presentation. It was like I suddenly "woke up" and everybody was looking at me, some were whispering.
I said something like "and that is why we should secure the border" and I went and sat down.

CX

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Also sounds like blood pooling, we learnt about it when i trained as a personal trainer, often associated with people stopping exercise or activity suddenly with no cool down.

CX.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It may be inner ear related or related to your blood pressure. Do you have a history of high blood pressure in your family?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join