It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westall 66: A Suburban UFO Mystery - Aussie Doco Coming to SCI FI June 4

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I just noticed an advertisement for this documentary on TV, and it looked pretty good. I did a Google search, and I found a correlating article on the Sci Fi channel dated today. It sounds extremely interesting.

There's a real Australian UFO mystery coming to SCI FI Channel Australia.

You may think that tales of UFOs are a load of wallaby droppings, but give this new doco, Westall 66: A Suburban UFO Mystery, ten minutes of your time, and you will be scratching your head, stroking your jaw and going 'hmmm'.

It's one thing to see some crazed X-Files fan emerge from their Arizona-based trailer and gibber on about being 'probed', but it's another thing entirely to hear the level-headed tones of Melburnian Aussies describing in detail what most people on the planet agree can not exist.

Flying saucers. Landing in a school yard. In the middle of Melbourne.

It is of course, unbelievable. Yet, there's an entire schoolyard of witnesses, including children (now grown up) and adults (grizzled, yet clear). None of whom come across as wacky in the slightest.

It's a hard one to decipher. Could ALL these people be making it up? Could ALL of them have some weird attention-seeking problem? It hardly seems likely. If not - well, then, we are not alone.

Still, you can judge for yourself.

The documentary, Westall 66: A Surburban UFO Mystery, airs on the SCI FI Channel Australia on June the 4th in its world premiere. It's a personal investigation by a local film-maker, without the hype that usually comes with the subject matter.

Food for thought, it makes compelling viewing. Very much worth checking out.
Read Full Article

I'll definitely be checking it out. It seems we are starting to take these things a lot more seriously than we used to, the increased amount of serious documentaries being produced, concerning the extraterrestrial presence, is brilliant. Are there any Aussies here that know anything more about this?

[edit on 21/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHA0S
Are there any Aussies here that know anything more about this?

Indeed:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Awesome, so you actually know the film-maker? Or did I read that wrong? This documentary definitely sounds like it might be one of the better ones...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Not personally.

But I've spoken to Shane when researching for my thread.

Hopefully they (sci-fi channel) treat the case with the respect it deserves.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Hopefully they (sci-fi channel) treat the case with the respect it deserves.
Yes, definitely, the subject definitely doesn't get the respect it deserves, but I'm pretty sure the Sci Fi channel will do a good job. The advertisement for it didn't make it appear too crack-pot-ish...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

CHAOS.....

Our resident expert on this case (Chadwickus) has already posted about that documentary & the case itself (see link within thread).

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I agree it will be a fascinating expose

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

Note to self: Scroll down & read before posting!

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I hope someone with pay t.v. would be so kind as to record and upload it for the rest of oz and the world. I don't like 95% of what on the box so id never dream of paying to get more, however being on television it is probably going to be seen by some who need an injection of mystery to shake them from their slumber.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Yeah, I usually do a search before posting...heh, this can be a thread on the official Sci Fi article unless it gets closed. I just figured since the article was dated today the Aussies wouldn't have been onto it yet...little did I know the boy from Oz was onto it.

reply to post by polarwarrior

I'm sure it will be put onto YouTube, I like collecting the best doco's, so if it does get uploaded to YouTube or anywhere else, I'll try to remember to U2U you.

[edit on 21/5/10 by CHA0S]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

CHAOS.....

No worries.....

The more reminders the better!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 21-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I am familiar with this story , there is actually some old black and white footage of the media interviewing the wittnesses at the school .It is some where on you tube , don't ask me what to put in the search engine you'll have to try alot of combinations but it is there somewhere .Alot of wittnesses all say the samething .

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I love playing devils advocate on the Australian sci-fi channel forums

What can i say,being skeptical for the sake of being a skeptic is so passe'.

The subject matter at hand needs to be approached with a level head and an open,critical mind.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

What part of the case do you believe to be lacking in level headness?

I've spent quite a lot of time looking into this case and think it's one of the more interesting ones out there.

And if you are aware of my postings on ATS, you'll see that I have quite a level head when it comes to UFOlogy.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hay man.

Wasn't referring to the thread here.I should have been more clear on that.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join