It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oklahoma Attorney General Nominee Vows to Sue U.S. Over Illegal Immigration

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Oklahoma Attorney General Nominee Vows to Sue U.S. Over Illegal Immigration

www.foxnews.com

Former state Sen. Scott Pruitt -- a candidate for Oklahoma attorney general -- plans to announce on Thursday that, if elected, he will sue the federal government for all expenses his state incurs as a result of illegal immigration.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Pruitt, a minor league baseball team owner, is facing former Gov. Frank Keating's son-in-law, Ryan Leonard, in the primary.

Pruitt plans a promise to "hold the federal government accountable for all expenses the state incurs," campaign consultant Terry Allen told Fox News, including in jails, schools, medical facilities and more.

The states do get federal funding
to cover these types of expenses, but state officials have long complained that it's not nearly enough.

Allen said Pruitt will claim the expenses amount to an "unfunded mandate" from the federal government, something Congress tries to minimize but often imposes on states.

Bravo, I say Bravo...That would light a fire under those lazy tards in this administration and the congress. I don't think the US even has enough money to cover the amount lawsuits one can file for each Illegal out there, but its a step in the right direction. I hope this clinches victory this election year.

Wake up states, follow your own constitutions. Grab back your powers. First Arizona and In the near future Oklahoma....

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I hope he wins, and carries through on his promises. This is just what we need, more states to stand up and say we refuse to take this crap anymore, we have a problem with illegal immigrants and we intend to put an end to it one way or another !

The federal government has left the states no other choice but to take matters into their own hands since they refuse to do their jobs and secure our borders. Certain states have realized that the American citizens are tired of being treated like second class citizens, while illegals walk all over our laws and steal from our social programs, and education system. It's time for the feds to realize the same thing and stop this lunacy.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I'd like to point out
he's got to get elected first.

And it won't matter if he is.
This law suit could still be
sacked by the Governor
and then a campaign promise
broken.

He's got 2 big battles to contend
with before it gets to court.

Speaking of getting to court,
the SCOTUS has already said
they would not listen to cases
filed by states on this issue.

That makes 3 big battles
unless he wants to hold a mock
trial in his basement like their doing
with Obama.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Provided he wins, if the Governor were to sack the lawsuit I'm sure he would be smart enough to let the people know that it was in fact the Governor that sacked it, no broken campaign promise. In which case the Governor would then have to answer to the people when the next election comes rolling around.

As far as the SCOTUS goes while we can't vote them out, if enough states get behind this kind of thinking, the SCOTUS might just change their decision when they see how many citizens are fed up with this problem. If not then maybe more states will be left with no other choice than to follow in the footsteps of Arizona.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Well our glorious Governor is already on his way out...he veto'd 3 bills that had HUGE popular support. He's on borrowed time at this point. I'm quite certain whomever runs against him will win in a landslide.

new topics

top topics

join