It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crist declares emergency in Palm Beach County, rest of South Florida

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Crist declares emergency in Palm Beach County, rest of South Florida

www.postonpolitics.com

Gov. Charlie Crist this afternoon added Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, Monroe, Lee and Collier counties to his executive order declaring a state of emergency from the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
To those living in South Florida, please give us updates on what is happening...

Troops on the street? Forced evacuation?

What is happening? This is probably just the start, other states will declare emergencies too...

Hopefully they don't start forced evacuations to FEMA camps like during Katrina...

Now if a hurricane pops up before this is fixed, FORCED evacuations will happen IMO... and it could take YEARS to clean all this mess, meaning people won't be able to return to their home for years because of polluted water.

www.postonpolitics.com

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
im in miami and i havent heard anything at all, i have connections to troops as well that i dont want to explain and no news about anything with regards to troops, but who knows ats tends to be the fastest news source alot of the time

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Louisiana issued their state declaration of emergency on 4/29/2010
and they are fine. No martial law there after 20 days.

The designation eases the transfer of personnel and equipment to the region.
Nothing extreme, just getting ready for it to hit the fan.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I am in Palm Beach. As I type, the national guard is going around my neighborhood and forcing everyone to climb in these dark bus like things. Women and children in some and men in the others. They are saying something about dangerous gasses. I have heard several incidents of gunfire and sirens everywhere. An ambulance just drove by. Reports are coming in from fires starting on the beaches as the oil rolls in. The airport is closed and I hear they are taking all the tourists down to the Miami refugee camps. LOL the lady who lives next door just ran by completely naked, screaming something incomprehensible at the top of her lungs. OMG now they are knocking on my door. I have to go.

Seriously, there is nothing going on at all. Everything is perfectly normal as it will continue to be. Making it an emergency just allows them to provision what is needed to help mitigate the effect of any oil. On the bright side, if they fail to contain it, then the jobs that come from the cleanup will pull the economy up by its bootstraps.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I live in SouthFla and have been getting ready for this since late april. Most people are oblivious. I think now more will awaken. When/if the oil appears on our beaches they will be shocked and the true magnitude of what we face will be felt far and wide. I will keep you all updated.

~Z

PS-gov crist has been calling this "a volcano of oil" for nearly a month.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
To those living in South Florida, please give us updates on what is happening...

Troops on the street? Forced evacuation?

What is happening? This is probably just the start, other states will declare emergencies too...

Hopefully they don't start forced evacuations to FEMA camps like during Katrina...

Now if a hurricane pops up before this is fixed, FORCED evacuations will happen IMO... and it could take YEARS to clean all this mess, meaning people won't be able to return to their home for years because of polluted water.

www.postonpolitics.com

Please tell me you are joking.I hope you honestly don't think there will be forced evacuations over this?

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Please tell me you are joking.I hope you honestly don't think there will be forced evacuations over this?

Not over this. But if a hurricane comes up and sends all that oil in drinking water ponds and rivers, then yes... until it's cleaned of course.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I was avoiding exposing where I live but w.e I work in a restaurant right on the water in South Florida, i will let you guys know what happens.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

WHEN a hurricane comes up. I lived in KW and was through 3 hurricanes down there. With storm surge, there was ocean water 3-4 blocks into the island with each, people kayaking down the streets. They weren't even bad hurricanes. When you live only so many feet from sea level, this will be devastating to coastal communities.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Nothing going on as of so far.. I'm in southwest Florida Collier county but i will keep you all updated

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smurfgt801
Nothing going on as of so far.. I'm in southwest Florida Collier county but i will keep you all updated

Yeah more local!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I am in Collier County, and I can tell you how fragile and pristine the ecosystem is here. Oil will destroy the city of Naples. It will destroy tourism-our primary industry, it will destroy our restaurants that will not be able to cook with contaminated water (we get our water from underground aquifers that will be contaminated) or serve local fish, we may not be able to bathe in our own water. People with wells will not be able to water their lawns. Animals will not have access to fresh water. It could be the end of Naples.

Property values will plummet worse than they already are. Naples will turn into a ghost town because this city exists because of the ocean. The Playground of the Rich, will become the Ghostland of BP the
Bitch. I HATE offshore drilling anywhere, when there are much safer places to do it....like in the middle of nowhere USA. Our oceans, once impacted at some point will not recover.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity, wouldn't the rest of the U.S. be incredibly too crowded if all the southern states were forced to evac up here?

top topics

join