It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World anger at North Korea over sinking of South's ship

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

World anger at North Korea over sinking of South's ship

news.bbc.co.uk

North Korea is facing international condemnation after investigators blamed it for the sinking of a South Korean warship in March.

Pyongyang rejected the claim as a "fabrication" and threatened war if sanctions were imposed.

The international report found a North Korean submarine's torpedo sank the South Korean navy ship, causing the deaths of 46 sailors.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This is a very ominous statement from little Kim. He outwardly cites War if sanctions are imposed.

The battle lines are being drawn up.

China urged restraint and did not criticise the North.
The US administration described the sinking as an "act of aggression" that challenged peace.

Britain, Australia and Japan also expressed anger at North Korea. South Korean President Lee Myung-bak pledged to take "stern action".

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon said the report was "deeply troubling".

Britain's Foreign Secretary William Hague said North Korea's actions would deepen the international community's mistrust.

So it looks like UK, USA, Japan, Australia, South Korea Vs. China, Iran, North Korea. on the official list.

Looks like if this were to boil over it has the potential to create a world reaching war... offically WWIII.

I feel that China is playing a game to coax the tiger out of the cage, then let North Korea act the victim when ripped to shreds.

What purpose would this have for North Korea?? Very little.... However I believe North Korea is a Pawn in a much larger game and can be sacrificed in the theatre of war with very little loss to the opposition in terms of money / power / oil etc.

I believe we are heading into very dark times and I'm sure glad that the UK maintained its nuclear deterrent in such fluid times as these.

Peace Out,

Korg.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 20-5-2010 by Korg Trinity]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
You can always get the jist of the anglo american empires position when reading the bbc.

Like russia said, its the mi5 media branch.

So do you think the bbc will ever give an honest assessment of this situation, i doubt it.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Korg Trinity

So it looks like UK, USA, Japan, Australia, South Korea Vs. China, Iran, North Korea. on the official list.

I strongly believe that many european countries will be dragged into this, with or without their consentment , also Israel will never miss a chance like this...

[edit on 20-5-2010 by charlie_the_loafer]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
You can always get the jist of the anglo american empires position when reading the bbc.

Like russia said, its the mi5 media branch.

So do you think the bbc will ever give an honest assessment of this situation, i doubt it.

Actually if i compare it with others british or american media powers , BBC has my respect , but only in comparison to others

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by charlie_the_loafer

Having worked for them in london, i would say no, and your entitled to your opinion, but i would never accept an argument of the bbc.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Another NK thread? This is seriously like the 20th. LOL.

SK and the rest of the world won't do # to NK. Plain and simple.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

You are always more entitled as you have personal experiences with them , i only talked how things look from the outside.
And compared to other british tv stations or even newspapers bbc looked much more serious and objective , or compared to cnn or others from the US

But again, that's how i see it from the outside , of both UK and US

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zosynspiracy
Another NK thread? This is seriously like the 20th. LOL.

SK and the rest of the world won't do # to NK. Plain and simple.

I disagree, I think Sanctions are a foregone conclusion for the aggressive behavior of NK.

With the build up of military forces on the South Boarder and a threat of War if sanctions are passed, its very ominous indeed.

I would also agree with the statements above about many European countries being forced to be involved. But that is the real danger here, picking sides.

Image if your neighboring country picked sides with China... then war de facto occurs between the neighboring countries.

A very very dangerous situation indeed.

BTW This is a breaking news report, but I agree there are quite a few NK threads about, I guess it’s indicative of how heated this situation is becoming.

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Korg Trinity

I believe we are heading into very dark times and I'm sure glad that the UK maintained its nuclear deterrent in such fluid times as these.

On these boards, every time someone lights a fart on fire, we are "heading to dark times"

I mean, literally. Every single time something happens, it's the end of the world.

At first it used to get under my skin and irritate me, but now i just laugh at the sheer and unjust paranoia.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zosynspiracy

I agree with Korg, it's an indicator of how big this news could be.

Just because North Korea isn't necessarily on your "importance" radar doesn't mean that everyone is as dismissive of this event as others. But this nations are taking notice of the attack..

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf

On these boards, every time someone lights a fart on fire, we are "heading to dark times"

I mean, literally. Every single time something happens, it's the end of the world.

At first it used to get under my skin and irritate me, but now i just laugh at the sheer and unjust paranoia.

Far be it for me to willingly irritate anyone. But I maybe just this once

I hope your attitude brings you peace, but I also think this kind of thinking is sticking your head in the sand.

I bet the dinosaurs were peaceful in their blissful ignorance of the 20km asteroid approached earth.

Peace Out,

Korg.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 06:56 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
There are always similar posts stating a war is looming for "x" country due to such reasons but more often that not, nothing ever happens. We thought we'd be in Iran by now years ago but nothing has happened. If a large scale war ever breaks out, I doubt people will be alert enough to predict when/where it will occur in the first place.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlie_the_loafer
Actually if i compare it with others british or american media powers , BBC has my respect , but only in comparison to others

Try Russia Today

They show us what our own goverment does not what is to see so you can get a balanced diet of propaganda.

Sorry but i find the BBC a total joke

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Lets bottom line this realquick.

No one's going to do a damn thing. The US military has a bunch of pus*ies in Washington micromanaging every aspect and war is not politically correct to them. Especially winning a war...

It doesn't matter if its republican or demoncratic pus*ies. All the Washington politicians should be hung for treason

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Why do they say world anger? Seriously I don't care.

I'm so sick of this fake moral outrage they expect us to maintain all the time.

This issue is not something I'm willing to fight over. And if my country gets involved and expects my help I'm not doing it.

Australian's have no place meddling in the affairs of other countries and our people should not be made to fight in wars that have nothing to do with us.

I'd like to know what we actually get out of fighting in these foreign wars. A seat at the table of the g20? It's not worth it.

posted on Jun, 30 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The world, if representative of all of its people would shout a huge collective...

We don't care!

Good thing we have the international community to express the proper world opinions... Otherwise we'd have no wars to profit from.

[edit on 30-6-2010 by Fractured.Facade]

new topics

top topics

join