It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Dad tries to trade baby for beer or drugs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Cops: Dad tries to trade baby for beer or drugs

www.msnbc.msn.com

CHICOPEE, Mass. - A Massachusetts man offered to trade his 3-month-old daughter to an employee at a gas station and convenience store in exchange for beer, or perhaps crack coc aine, police say.

Matthew Brace, 24, of Northampton allegedly made the offer on Monday in what Chicopee Police Chief John Ferraro Jr. called "a new low."

"It’s not a joke; this is very serious,” Ferraro said Tuesday, according to The Republican.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is insane, although I think the "40" referring to "crack" is a bit of a stretch. Some people may say that the guy was only trying to make a very bad joke but if that were the case, he wouldn't have tried to hide the stroller when the cops showed up. What is wrong with people these days? I couldn't even imagine trying a joke like that with either of my children. This guy should be castrated to ensure he doesn't bring any more children into the world.

--airspoon

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 19-5-2010 by airspoon]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
as serious as this is i'm sure that chavs have been trying to do this for years.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by crimson tears shini

Not quite, the male chav mates with the female chav to produce babies. Pretty soon money magically goes in to their bank account. To this day the chav community has not solved the mystery. Sorry OP for off topic. But i agree there are lots of sick stories about parents doing the most hideous things to their children, i remember a thread a few months ago about a mum prostituting her 13 year old daughter(around that age) to men for money and drugs. I don't know if people have always been this bad or the media just picks up on more of these stories...either way it's scary.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
This is insane, although I think the "40" referring to "crack" is a bit of a stretch. Some people may say that the guy was only trying to make a very bad joke but if that were the case, he wouldn't have tried to hide the stroller when the cops showed up. What is wrong with people these days? I couldn't even imagine trying a joke like that with either of my children. This guy should be castrated to ensure he doesn't bring any more children into the world.

You must have lived a "pampered" EZ life.

This is nothing new. From the beginning Moms & Dads have been sacrificing their children to "idols".

I know of children who from birth were sold into MKULTRA programs by their parents.

Selling a kid for drugs is actually a more humane deal than what many kids endure at the hands of their "parents".

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
it is certifiably not a new thing that children have been sold like this its just the media is picking up on it more. also there are far worse things that parents do to children than selling them my gf's friend was abused sexually by her father for years and the mother was beaten they got a case against him and even interviewed my gf for it but they didn't have enough evidence to put him away and she killed herself and the mum ran away. it's sick to think we can do these thing to one another as humans and even to kids but its another thing when they belong to these types of people

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Of course selling your children has been around since recorded history, however, now more than ever, there is absolutely no excuse for it. Back in the day, you would sell a child to put bread in your other childrens' mouths. Even 20 years ago I'm sure some people sold their children, but I'm sure they sold for at least a couple hundred bucks, though I'm not sure what the going rate for a child is/was. This day in age, when the government hands out almost everything we need to sustain basic life except for health care, there is absolutely no excuse to sell your baby for a $2.49 bottle of malt liquor. That's what sets this case apart from all others in the past.

--airspoon

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
Of course selling your children has been around since recorded history, however, now more than ever, there is absolutely no excuse for it. Back in the day, you would sell a child to put bread in your other childrens' mouths. Even 20 years ago I'm sure some people sold their children, but I'm sure they sold for at least a couple hundred bucks, though I'm not sure what the going rate for a child is/was. This day in age, when the government hands out almost everything we need to sustain basic life except for health care, there is absolutely no excuse to sell your baby for a $2.49 bottle of malt liquor. That's what sets this case apart from all others in the past.

--airspoon
exactly i would have atleast gone for a 20 pack and mybe a bottle of vodka for a newborn baby (wonder if the value of chilldren decreses as they get older? in which case the child may have been worth half the store?) hypathetically speaking i mean someone would buy it maybe jackson wait no he is dead erm Garry glitter maybe?

exactly i would have atleast gone for a 20 pack and mybe a bottle of vodka for a newborn baby (wonder if the value of chilldren decreses as they get older? in which case the child may have been worth half the store?) hypathetically speaking i mean someone would buy it maybe jackson wait no he is dead erm Garry glitter maybe?

[edit on 20-5-2010 by crimson tears shini]

top topics

join