It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Dirty Trick on Fake Tea Party Petition Revealed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
A buddy of mine from East Lansing sent me this last night and it stopped me in my tracks. Anlinsky tactic anyone??

Zarko Research has learned that a nefarious unknown group calling itself "The Tea Party" at PO Box 23 in Richville, MI 48757 (near Flint) is circulating a petition on a paid basis, at roughly $1 per signature to the circulator. The group is so new that the Secretary of State has nothing on file as of this moment.

The petition was mailed to known paid circulators in the metro Detroit area earlier this week and based on conclusions of proprietary knowledge to Zarko Research, the petition is being operated by a liberal-leaning petition management firm with ties to the Democratic Party. The petition claims to seek access to the ballot for an entirely new party - the "Tea Party", although when Zarko Research interviewed known organizers of the Tea Party they all knew nothing about it. When shown copies of the petition, Wendy Day of Howell, Michigan, organizer of Common Sense in Michigan considered one of the lead Tea Party protest organizers in the state, told us that the Tea Party as she has known it has never sought official access to the ballot and works to create an environment where both of the existing parties work for reform and limiting governmental intrusion into the lives of individual citizens. Day condemned this effort and stated it was an effort to dilute the impact of the current Tea Party - she argued this was evidence that forces opposing reform were taking the Tea Party seriously - so seriously that indeed they are trying to steal its trademark and hijack it.

Zarko Research is digging further to track down additional details in this ongoing breaking news story. If you see a petitioner - ask questions. Find out who's paying them. What's their motive? Call me or e-mail and let me or one of my team know where they are and we'll go ask some questions. And keep in mind - no one we know in the current Tea Party movement is sponsoring this paid effort.

www.outsidelansing.com...

George Soros is linked to the company soliciting for this "new"party.

Zarko Research has now verified through technical means that Progressive Campaigns Inc. (PCI) has been hired to collect signatures to put on the ballot a "Tea Party" party. As reported below, actual paid signature gatherers have been offered real petitions at a rate of at last $1 per signature to place a completely unknown Tea Party organization, which lists a PO Box in Richfield, MI as its home.

Progressive (inset photo is of Michigan field operator Rob Grocholski) has been funded by Soros, the Michigan Democratic Party, and is most recently known for the crude attempt to re-game the Michigan Constitution for the Democratic Party in 2008 through the Reform Michigan Government Now petition, which also operated initially for its first several weeks as a "stealth petition" (a petition that does not go through the Board of Canvasser approval process before circulation, but rolls the dice and operates quietly as long as possible). It took two months before the Michigan Democratic Party and Mark Brewer's fingers were proven to be behind Progressive's RMGN effort, but eventually the truth came out on that. While it can't be proven where Progressive is taking its marching orders from this year - the company's history shouldn't leave any doubt in what direction its comes from. Their own client list contains a laundry list of SEIU, Humane Society of the US, George Soros, John Sperling, T. Boone Pickens, John Freeman, the UAW, and the Michigan Democratic Party itself. This is no criticism against Progressive itself - they are just the hired hitman and have been highly efficient at their profession over the years.

Fortunately, this stealth petition has been identified in its first few days, and Zarko Research encourages everyone to consider the source closely.

outsidelansing.com...

A dollar per signature eh?? Sounds legit

I did some more research this morning and found that it is getting some national coverage. Michigan has been in a fragile state for years so this all seems very likely. This story is just developing so we will see where it goes. As I understand it, even if this petition is successful, this new party would still have to hold a convention to be considered legit in the Michigan process.

Someone is going through a lot of trouble here and the question is now Why?

Progressives Behind New Michigan ‘Tea Party’

[edit on 19-5-2010 by jibeho]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Dam good find jibeho. Not surprised as I figured something would come out eventually. The Dems knows no bounds.

10 to 1 you won't see anything in the MSM. Must be nice to be able to operate so badly-knowing nothing is going to come of it, Especially if the US Atty Office/Justice Dept gets invloved.

S&F

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Well frankly, I think this is just more evidence that both parties stink and have waged war on one another with the American citizens caught in the middle having to pick sides.

Unfortunately, people in both parties keep switching around their positions and viewpoints in order to try to catch a ride on the "winning" side.

I hope people realize the bottom line:

While politicians scramble, negotiate, and compromise in order to ensure their "survival", the American people tend to lose in the process. It's a little difficult to swallow in my opinion when you support and vote in a candidate only to find out months later that his/her "beliefs" have changed to the point of formally switching parties. No matter whether you agree with the switch or not, one can not ignore the uncertainty caused in the process.

There's so much disinformation out there that it's almost impossible, lest you participate in every debate on ATS and formulate a pro- and con- list for each and every thread in a completely unbias manner, to really know what is truth and what was simply a "puchased opinion" such as the OP.

Can you imagine what will happen if Sunstein's plan to have pro-government pop-ups appear on the Internet? One will never be able to tell what is fact or fiction since it will all simply be "bought". It's a win-win for media companies & the government, but a major lose for the American people. The above, in my opinion, is the eptiome of Sunstein's plan, just not on the Internet....yet.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I am starting to lose all hope. The Dems are unbeatable, they don't play by the rules and we (conservative Americans) do so how can we ever win?
The black panthers intimidation incident is one dirty method, this one in this thread is another not to mention all of acorn's dirty tricks and Obama's campaign contribution shenanigans...
game over, how can we compete when the deck is stacked thus?

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Apparently big money Soros is feeling threatened by the 'real' Teaparty!

I would not be surprised to see the same thing from the Republicans too, as they should also feel threatened by the teaparty movement.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The way yall talk it's like republican'ts never resort to dirty tricks. Dems learned it from repubs. Like last months legalize pot petition that was circulated turned out to be a form to sign up with the republican party. The people responsible were getting paid $8 a signature.
tribes.tribe.net...

Repubs have Karl - KING DADDY of dirty trick, the right winga who ignores subpoenas - Rove

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12GaugePermissionSlip
The way yall talk it's like republican'ts never resort to dirty tricks. Dems learned it from repubs. Like last months legalize pot petition that was circulated turned out to be a form to sign up with the republican party. The people responsible were getting paid $8 a signature.
tribes.tribe.net...

Repubs have Karl - KING DADDY of dirty trick, the right winga who ignores subpoenas - Rove

I remember that incident. Here is how these geniuses were tricked into signing this petition.

Some voters told the Register they specifically remember marking themselves as something other than a Republican. Others say the petitioner told them they had to check Republican in order for their signature to count, or because Republicans were sponsoring their signature gathering or for some other vaguely official-sounding reason.

In some cases, voters were told marking Republican didn't change their actual voter registration. Others were told they could always change back. A few even said they didn't know they were signing official documents of any kind - they said the signature gatherers made off like they were students, collecting signatures for a class project.

tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com...

Buyer beware in this particular instance. This scam certainly walked and talked like a duck. Granted any scam is a bad scam.

In this particular case in Michigan we are talking the the creation of a new political party for the Michigan ballot. A party not affiliated with any state Tea Party movement and yet is being labeled as such.

It all stinks no matter which way you cut the cheese. Someone is going through the expense and trouble for this. One can only suspect a nefarious motive. Who knows?? My buddy in Michigan is looking more into this. Apparently they were caught before they could get any further with the process.

Our political system is full of fraud and problems and I doubt that we will ever see an end to it in my lifetime.

top topics

join