It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Proof" of God.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_and_aware
reply to post by OLD HIPPY DUDE

No i'm sorry, good and evil are subjective. I'd see "good" as giving a lady an abortion who'd been raped but you would see that as evil. See what i mean? define good, define evil, for it is different in each of the eyes of the beholder.

All i know that a god who works in mysterious ways i.e. sends floods to kill because of his anger or disapointment in what he'd created then he's a tyranous god, isn't he? And he's seems so magical that he can just turn light on at the flick of switch.

And gnostic's i don't mind your beliefs but theists who quote the bible as the word of god are just plain and simply deluded. END

Posting the definition for good is way too much of a process. So here's the definition of evil.

Evil

e·vil (vl)
adj. e·vil·er, e·vil·est
1. Morally bad or wrong; wicked: an evil tyrant.
2. Causing ruin, injury, or pain; harmful: the evil effects of a poor diet.
3. Characterized by or indicating future misfortune; ominous: evil omens.
4. Bad or blameworthy by report; infamous: an evil reputation.
5. Characterized by anger or spite; malicious: an evil temper.
n.
1. The quality of being morally bad or wrong; wickedness.
2. That which causes harm, misfortune, or destruction: a leader's power to do both good and evil.
3. An evil force, power, or personification.
4. Something that is a cause or source of suffering, injury, or destruction: the social evils of poverty and injustice.
adv. Archaic
In an evil manner.

If you want to check out the definition of good, go check it out at the same website.

So... despite the numerous definitions, the definitions are pretty consistent.

And by definition, anything with a definition is DEFINED.

So, therefore, the definition is not in the eye of the beholder, but the terms are used exactly to convey a particular meaning.

If I say that green grass is green and you assume that I mean that it is purple, then you would therefore not understand the definition of green.

Enjoy.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
"If You Do Not See God In The Eyes Of The Next Person You Meet, Then You Need Look No Further!" -- Ghandi

onepeople
oneplanet

∞LOVE∞

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by AsTaR

Truth is all there is.

Lies do not exist except in the mind of man.

Does truth not lie within the mind of man also? What's truth to one person is a lie to another.

Person A - "I believe in God."
Person B- "You lie, there is no such thing as a god."

It will never end; lets all just get a beer and enjoy our lives while we still can!

<< 1   >>

join