It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blank Post Posted. Interesting Enough?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Awww. Well that's no fun is it?

=)

I think he had information regarding top secret level xeon clearance codes.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
If you look at my profile, you will see that I have 44 flags, even though I only ever started a few threads, which have nowhere near the 44 flags. Those flags are from the things sent into the mods over the years that required immediate attention and got flagged in their forum.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Sounds pretty straight forward and simple.... So, just to be clear- the thread started was in the introduction forum, right? It is after all the only place you can post a thread before you have 20 or more posts.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Hey Defcon- what's that little badge for? I clicked on it and it linked me to a blank page...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution-2012

This will happen when a thread is deleted. The "Threads started" and "Total Replies" will still show the true amounts, but because the thread was deleted it will no longer show under his most recent threads.

OR

The poster launched a complaint and the complaint was then discussed by the staff. This will all make out part of the Thread and Reply totals, but the thread will never appear on the "Most Recent created threads" of the user.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Years back I volunteered to sift through FOIA documents along with several other posters. I am not sure what I links to anymore, but that is long since over.

As to the subject, it can be either what Gemwolf said, or what I said, both will work the same way as to the number of flags. The blanks are most likely deleted posts as Gem, and others, mentioned.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Whatever he posted, he deleted all of it because he said it was too secret to share..which is interesting.
Some members were curious as to what it related to, but he vanished...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jinx880101

Yes. There is also one other forum where new members can post even if they have less than 20 posts... But that's a "secret" for another day.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5
Those flags are from the things sent into the mods over the years that required immediate attention and got flagged in their forum.

Moderators don't flag any threads in the moderator or complaints forum.

My guess is that you actually collected 44 flags on the handful of threads you created...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bvproductions
Whatever he posted, he deleted all of it because he said it was too secret to share..which is interesting.
Some members were curious as to what it related to, but he vanished...

One would hope that he was the real deal... But as we've seen over the years: The people that have something to share, share it and get it done with. The hoaxers keep us going for a couple of pages until we finally realise he really don't have anything to share or the truth comes out. My guess would be that someone asked the right questions (or wrong questions depending on how you look at it...) and he realised that he won't be able to hoax our members without being called out and then bailed...

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Hm…
I asked a mod in chat about that (most likely MirthfulMe), because I had a bunch of flags at the time, and like 2 threads with like 4 flags, so that was what he told me. Maybe they changed it since then, but that is how it used to be. Anyway, you can see both sides, I cannot, so I am only going by the way it was explained to me.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Another ATS oddity that has appeared over the years of modifications to the site is that if you have a similar screen name with someone else, you will sometimes get their information in your profile. It could always be that as well. My guess is that the SQL statements in the ATS database truncate certain parts of the user name due to search speed issues.

For example, this abandoned account has part of my friends list:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just a bit of ATS idiosyncrasies/trivia…

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Well, if I remember correctly, when the flag systems started there was something about posts before such and such date and had so many replies earned automatic flags. Not sure how much translated when ATSNN and PTS were discontinued, but there is some possibility there.

But pretty much any flag or star earned is kept from what I have seen of threads I have had moved and asked to be removed due to being duplications. So back under the 5 star system, they remain as 5 earned stars for each person that gave 5 stars or so it seems. I would have to figure out an old post that had a few and see if it has an unnatural amount of stars, I guess.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I think that has to do with the code of the Friends/Foes. There was some bugs in it that had some members auto-foe every member they replied to or saw or something like that. And it may have used member names list instead of member id number list.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Ahabstar]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

I pointed that out to Mirth in chat one night and he did not believe me, so he made me his friend, and sure enough he was in both me and DEFCON’s list, then he removed himself and same thing in both lists.

Gawd only knows anymore, the site has gone through so many revisions…

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I still have thread that should have 2 replies according to the stats but they don't show up.

But hey, no forum is bug free.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
This may or may not been me..if it's not me they might had the same I did.

I am new here and to this laptop and didn't realize when I wrote a new Thread "What's up with the sun.It's not where it should be" Well, it went straight to a Mod. and they put it on hold till I got 20 replies.And was told you had to have a 20 Post min before you could start your own threads.
And I also had to write a Intro. I thought down at the bottom of the intro you had to write a min of 4000 words.,,not knowing at the time it was no more then 4000 words.

So twice I did all 4000 words. But it disapeared cause of ? Then I did another Intro..even diiferent..and by saying Hello World..it also disappeared because some other similar..Hello World post. You would think that the words you write would at least came back.

Then the third time I knew it was UP to 4000 words. This was the third day I had tried. (been a member since 16th?...or been trying this since 16th) and I just made it short and sweet with...
I Am Watchtowermaya. I wish I new more about this laptop to had save my other two Intros, but I planed to share those experiences soon enough.

Well, if it wasn't me...Hello... its been real...

Truth, Love and True Light

[edit on 21-5-2010 by watchtowermaya]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Heh..heres' a thought and it would help me out too since I am new here. I have looking to see if anyone Posted the information I saw on the news this morning and haven't. I clicked on the research on it and came to the Post 'Cloud Power' and went there and got cuaght up in that cloud for awhile...interesting Post...but not the right kind of cloud. Looking for the new 'Cloud Power Technology'

Then I went back to reseach and still found nothing on 'Cloud Power Technoglogy' It's new. What it is one part is; external drive you can take with you anywhere.. another part of it is access it with Hotmail/Yahoo account.

Say you forgot your files at home on your laptop, well with a account like Hotmail/Yahoo or but a external drive -server?- you can take anywhere. you can get on line and click on to te Cloud Power Storage and go into remotely to your computer and retrieve your files. OK cool.

But what' the down sside to it...for every neat/good/creative invention has a bad/destructive forse to it too. As besides you, how easy would it be for anyone else to get into your computer by remote? safe guards needed for sure.. human nature heh...silly Humans.

Anyway if you want start it here and fill in the blank or someone who knows how to start a new thread...take it away... I am still learning how to fly in this Site..this Ethernet. And I am also new to my laptop and 'this Age' of computers. haven't figured out how to link link up and then start a new Thread.

In my first try -link- this morning was the CNN oil under the sea flowing footage...geeesh ...I couldn't even share it, email it. Even another Media did so but when we tried to see it, nothing. Most likely blocked as that was alot of oil and gas coming out of that thing. Figures I'd try to link up the impossible

Truth, Love and True Light

[edit on 21-5-2010 by watchtowermaya]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

When I first joined the site, I had a number of posts, and my profile said I had 3-4 flags. The weird thing is I had not yet gotten thread-making privileges.

I still find that totally odd.

edit to clarify: I did not make intro threads.

[edit on 21-5-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The moderator deleted the thread, and gave her reasons here:
========================================

posted on 21-5-2010 @ 06:07 PM single this post

"We do not allow the bashing of ATS members. We do not discuss other ATS members. That video was nothing but a drama fest which served no purpose and did not benefit ATS nor its members.

If you have complaints about things done on ATS, using the board as a platform is not the way to go about things.

Use the ATS Complaint / Suggestion form.

And no the member who started the thread is not in trouble for it.

This thread is now closed."

[edit on May 21st 2010 by greeneyedleo]

==========================================

There is no conspiracy here so time to move on...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join