It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP disaster - interesting theory about the rig's productivity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
BP was/is telling everyone that the leak is 5,000 BPD. Even to this day, they insist that their 5,000 BPD is accurate. Instead, scientists are saying that its closer to 75,000 BPD - possibly even more than 100,000 barrels per day gushing into the ocean. This is without any sort of actual pumping on the part of the rig - meaning nothing is being sucked out - it is gushing out on its own accord - against TONS of pressure. Were it to be pumped, I would guess that production capacity is much, much higher.

I am inclined to believe the scientists and as such, this would put this particular well as one of the "Giant Fields" as defined by the government.

BP's own documents say that this well was producing "8,000 barrels per day" at peak production, and was not considered a 'vital well'.

It is now obvious that BP was lying about their production at this well. Why? I'm interested to see what the community thinks....

Does anyone in government have the stones to go after them and investigate this huge discrepancy?

[edit on 16-5-2010 by atlguy]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
For anyone wishing to do a bit of research, the location of Deepwater Horizon is "Mississippi Canyon 252 Well."

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
A lot of oil goes
into storage as crude.
It is not refined until the
market conditions are right.

In this way actual supply can be
manipulated to increase the price.

Underreporting the amount drilled helps.
Then when a million extra barrels are refined
the cost of "buying" this crude can be deducted.

:|
David Grouchy

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
intresting, I must say i did wonder what the pressure of the oil was on emergence from the well, and how the figures for production seemed small against what we are told could be probably leaking.starred and flagged.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by atlguy

A well will produce at a rate dependent on down hole reservoir pressure. On a new well, there is no need to suck the oil out as you put it or pump it out either.

After the well has produced for a period of time (usually several years) and the reservoir pressure has dropped. The operator may inject water or gas down into the void of the reservoir to artificially lift pressure and force the remaining oil out at a faster rate.

I am inclined to believe the scientists and as such, this would put this particular well as one of the "Giant Fields" as defined by the government.

This is nowhere near "giant" size

BP's own documents say that this well was producing "8,000 barrels per day" at peak production, and was not considered a 'vital well'.

peak production? where are you getting this info from?

this well has NEVER been at the "production" stage. It had just been drilled and was nearing completion. The rig in question was a drilling rig not a production platform.

Hope thats clear

PEACE,
RK

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent

This is nowhere near "giant" size

Anything over 100k bpd is "giant" according to the people that do the counting. As for the info on BP's well, I'll find the link.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel Kent

peak production? where are you getting this info from?

Sorry - I misspoke. 8,000 BPD is what the well was producing at the time of the explosion and it was 100% online and functional

top topics

join