It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible to clone jesus?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
i'm not sure if this is the right place to post this (mods feel free to move it)
anyway, i have been wondering for a while now, if the turin shroud turned out to actually be jesus (assuming that he existed), would there be any DNA on there which would be valid to clone with? or would it no longer exist? the same could be said for the holy grail & the longinus spear.
if jesus truly was the son of god, and had powers, his DNA would be a dangerous weapon, an army of clones could be made, unless the technology used to clone is not quite yet sufficient, and the world would be in grave danger (if you do not include the fact that if one of these were kiled etc. that then another anonymous person would have the DNA) and of course, who could command the army? it's not as if jesus clones would kill people.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
lol, nice imagination

People may be able to clone Jesus, but not the soul who inhabit the body that did in the original Jesus body.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Since the life comes from a living, sentient God, I think you fail to see the source of that "power". I'd be much more concerned with giving due respect and letting that topic alone. That is sacred.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
even if it is his even if he was real tehres no even a hair to use without the dna no matter how much tek we had we couldnt do it.
but even if there was hair or skin cells at our tek leval we still cant do it as the cell must still be alive to do it dead skin and dead hair isent
the tek you would need for taht is behond drastic park lolol

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
thanks all, thats interesting about the soul, i guess we will never know

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
If I remember correct, there is blood on the shroud.
But dont know if I have heard correct.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
this reminds me of the movie Revelations...anyone who's interested in this subject should check it out...and I think its possible

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I don't think it would ever happen even if there was a DNA sample. The problem would not be with the cloning process or morality, but with the actual clone itself.

To create a clone of Jesus opens the door for the very inconvenient possibility that the accepted image is wrong.

...and grossly wrong at that.

Tell me, where in the bible does it say what Jesus looked like?

Ignoring the fact that the 2nd Commandment strictly forbids any image of GOD; there have been literally dozens of different portrayals of Christ. However since the dark ages Christians have accepted the image we see around us to this day.

Very convenient for people of European ancestry that image is of a Anglo-Saxon man. Very odd considering Christ came from the Middle East.

What do you think people's reaction would be if Christ did not look exactly the way they have been told he does?

They wouldn't be able to buy 2x4's and nails fast enough.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   
you've got as much chance of cloning jesus as you do Dorian Grey. They both appear in books and have really cool stories written about them but neither of them were real people. Not to say I don't appreciate the wisdom of the new testament, I just don't buy that someone so important didn't make any appearance in the historical canon outside of Josephus.

new topics

top topics

join