It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens to welfare if the ecomeny crash

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I am wondering if anyone could help me in regards to welfare benefits in the uk or any country really. I am on Disablity living allowance and am wondering how this could effect people on benefits if the uk ecomeny dose crash?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm not sure, but, I'd be trying to group together with Family/Friends and pool resources for basic survival mode...

Schwarzenegger budget would eliminate welfare
www.sacbee.com...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
I'm not sure, but, I'd be trying to group together with Family/Friends and pool resources for basic survival mode...

www.sacbee.com...

by doing what?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
...Like communal living arrangements...away from major cities...

Try to group together in a large complex sharing expenses...

Start a Garden...try to snag some stock for meat...

Become as self sufficient as possible...

Think medieval...go back to basics...learn trades/skills to barter with...

Brave Heart days...the more things change...

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Think Hurricane Katrina.

The people most dependent on government suffered most.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
what happened to the people in Katrina who were on welfare?
I live in the countryside, north york moors in England which is middle of nowhere, we all have our own allotments, grow veggies but dunno how you would get your own meat? unless f course breeding your own chickens?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Welfare won't go anywhere. It can't. There would be an all out race war for one thing, and more lawsuits filed than you could shake a stick at by professional extortion groups. Also, TPTB would lose a large portion of their voter base....nothing to worry about, the system of entitlements that we have now, were put into place for a reason , this being one of them. They will continue to control the poor instead of actually helping them. One positive would be though that the illegals would haul ass out of here.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Welfare won't go anywhere. It can't. There would be an all out race war for one thing, and more lawsuits filed than you could shake a stick at by professional extortion groups. Also, TPTB would lose a large portion of their voter base....nothing to worry about, the system of entitlements that we have now, were put into place for a reason , this being one of them. They will continue to control the poor instead of actually helping them. One positive would be though that the illegals would haul ass out of here.

suppose alot of things would change if it were to happen because some immergrants come here to make money and that wont happen when we are bankcrupt

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousproxy

Chickens are an ideal way to go for protein: eggs and meat. Goats are another idea, they are hardy, eat just about anything and can provide meat and milk.

But yes, you will basically need to become as self-sufficient as possible before such an event would occur. Never, ever, depend on the government, even if they are giving you money, let that be extra (for improving quality of life) and not for survival.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
Welfare won't go anywhere. It can't. There would be an all out race war for one thing, and more lawsuits filed than you could shake a stick at by professional extortion groups. Also, TPTB would lose a large portion of their voter base....nothing to worry about, the system of entitlements that we have now, were put into place for a reason , this being one of them.

I disagree. It could disappear, and they would use the riots and situation as a whole to enact more, almost scifi-like control.

I think the only reason they let us get by with it all right now is because they aren't ready, but it will happen.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
If the economy crashes and welfare is cancelled, crime will shoot up. That's Criminology 101. Kind of interesting how localities are talking about cutting crime fighting budgets at a time like this. Remember to lock all your doors.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Community based self sustainability and survival is the way forward in the event of an economic crash. If and when the economy collapses, civil society would most probably drift towards a tribal or clan like community based allegiance.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
In case of an economic collapse,the government or the so-called "civil authority" would lose its credibility in the eyes of most people except for those hardcore sheeple who would fall for the government line at any cost. Anarchy and civil disobedience is bound to follow in such circumstances.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963

www.sacbee.com...

Yeh, that article is real stuff. I saw the same article in a few reputable papers here in California this week. I work for an agency where articles regarding the courts and budget are PDF'ed and sent to managers.

If welfare is cut, I think that people haven't seen a riot yet, compared to what will happen. I like to think positive and hope that it won't come to this, not cold turkey all of a sudden anyway.

new topics

top topics

join