It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy happenings in NJ/PA

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thomasblackraven

Doh! Those darn UFO looking weather balloons!

Whyyyy, there outta be a law!

[edit on 13-5-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
crap i thought first contact. goddamit blossom when are they gonna arive? gosH!!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
From the UFO Stalker website:

The first report is the NJ one. It doesn't mention a report from PA, but the MD report is similar to the description of the PA sighting in the OP.

New Jersey Sighting:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1cd7d441cd31.jpg[/atsimg]

Case Number: 23260
Log Number: US-05132010-0008
Submitted Date: 2010-05-13 15:04 GMT
Event Date: 2010-05-13 00:00 GMT
Region: New Jersey
Longitude: -74.3006
Latitude: 40.7229
Shape: Cigar,Cylinder
Vallee Index: FB1
Description:

My husband called me and told me to go outside and look at the sky,I was inside my house cooking so I went outside and I saw what looked liked a cigar floating in the sky, my husband states that he saw it around 1 pm today and it is now 3 O'clock and is still up in the sky, it seems to change colors, it's black but it also looks like silver. It looks flexible. I could not believe it, some people calculate that it might be the size of a football field.
Attached Media: None

Maryland Sighting:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e3023daf2be0.jpg[/atsimg]

Case Number: 23247
Log Number: US-05112010-0015
Submitted Date: 2010-05-11 23:09 GMT
Event Date: 2006-05-10 20:30 GMT
City: Baltimore
Region: Maryland
Longitude: -76.6384
Latitude: 39.2894
Shape: Star-like,Teardrop
Distance: Unknown
Vallee Index: AN1
Description:

These have been occurring over the past weeks. They look almost like stars but are slightly discolored or over colored and they stay stationary for a while and then you can start seeing a slight movement then speed up and appear to go up away from earth towards upper atmosphere and disappear. The latest happen on Monday 5/9/10 it was in the Northwest section and I thought it was a star at first but it was way to bright and way to big where you could see it point out at the edges like a star shape slightly registering intensity and stayed staionary with a slight dip down after a 1 1/2 hours towards the horizon. It might have been something orbiting the earth manmade (never saw this before) but it was definitely not a plane or helicopter did not know if anyone else has seen it. To see something that bright in the city is weird because of the light sources from all the buildings and street lights and cars. Last night walking the dog at 11:00 p.m. saw another star speed up and looked like it was going straight up into the sky again. Is anyone else seeing this? I have a picture with points of reference as to where the stationary bright light was so it can be identified with known stars or anything orbiting the earth if interested or rule that out as a possibility..
Attached Media: None

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This is another example of why we need to get organinzed better.

Look at all of these ATS members in one area-just on this short thread.

I would love to have a list of people in my area that when something occurs, we can alert or be alerted.

By the way, I in in Southern/Center Pa (Harrisburg to State College would be my area of watch/coverage area).

Think about it. Maybe someday.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by thomasblackraven
As later reported on 101.5, it was a hobby shop "weather" balloon.

A weather balloon!

Who are you, the Roswell Public Information Officer?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Couple weeks ago I started a thread on ATS on a sighting that I saw here in Harrisburg, PA. Coincidence?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece
A weather balloon!

Who are you, the Roswell Public Information Officer?

I'm sorry, but I cannot confirm or deny any official or lack thereof position that I may or may not currently possess.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

[edit on 13-5-2010 by ekwhaley88]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Thanks fo bringing this to our attention on the OP. I have a cousin that lives near the cities in NJ you mention, he lives about 2 miles W of Bridgewater. I called him and asked him to keep his eyes to the sky tonight for me and referred him here also.

He has a very good night vision video camera and told me that if he see's anything, he will post. I will let you know if he captures anything.

This is very interesting indeed.

Guz

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Well it looks like it was a toy balloon accidentally released by some kid. NJ 101.5's website has a YouTube video of the thing and audio highlights from their radio show.

www.nj1015.com...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

RE: NJ.com Article

yup, it is a balloon.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I live in central New Jersey, and the only thing I heard about on 101.5 this whole week (primarily ~7-8am/5-6pm - to work and on my way home from Ft. Monmouth), is that a plane had to dump fuel as an emergency and people from Somerville saw it happening and were complaining...for obvious reasons...

SOMERVILLE — On Sunday, a Continental Airlines flight out of Newark bound for Tokyo circled over Somerset County for about an hour, dumping fuel from its tanks before it landed back in Newark. According to airline spokespersons, the plane experienced a hydraulic problem shortly after taking off at about 11:30 a.m., then dumped 170,000 pounds of aviation fuel over Central Jersey.

Plane Dumps Fuel in Jersey

Maybe that had something to do with it?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Wow! I am literally 5 miles from Somerville - Somerville being the adjacent town next to mine.

Damn - I wish I saw these things!!!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Whoops, should have read what was posted..Guess it was figured out already....

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by impaired

Wow! I am literally 5 miles from Somerville - Somerville being the adjacent town next to mine.

Yeah I know, right? I feel like whenever anything interesting happens in NJ, I am somewhere else... Oh well, I do go outside at night and star gaze once in a while hoping that I see something interesting. A year ago I saw something I wasn't able to explain over my house, but it was probably something on the same grounds as this thread - a balloon, nothing too serious... Oh well, one can only dream...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Bigger and better sightings might give us more details as in
productions of the Belgium Triangle or Hudson Valley UFOs.

Tanks for the word.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   

RE: NJ.com Article

Looks like a cylindrical solar hot air balloon as shown here...

Cylindrical Solar Hot Air Balloon - here.

and here: www.youtube.com...

Different version here: www.youtube.com...

Blimp Manufacturer: www.hyperblimp.com...

The triangle:
www.youtube.com...

MOD EDIT: Fix super long link messing up page.

[edit on May 13th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Black Ops

Originally posted by impaired

Yeah I know, right? I feel like whenever anything interesting happens in NJ, I am somewhere else... Oh well, I do go outside at night and star gaze once in a while hoping that I see something interesting. A year ago I saw something I wasn't able to explain over my house, but it was probably something on the same grounds as this thread - a balloon, nothing too serious... Oh well, one can only dream...

Yeah, I feel you on that. I look at the sky all the time and I still see nothing.
Never have.

But as far as it being a balloon, I'm sorry to say, but it really DOES look like a tubular balloon of some sort.

Damn kids!!

But still, what is the moral to this story? Even if it WERE ET, look at how people reacted. They called 911!!

What the hell is 911 gonna do?!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This object that was seen could have been what the French call les incompetent

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join