It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy happenings in NJ/PA

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'm in Eastern PA, right on the border. Also near 22. Haven't heard or seen anything but will keep an eye out.

Thanks for the heads up!!!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Cool stuff....maybe some pictures or videos will surface in the next day or two if this turns out legit

Gk

[edit on 13-5-2010 by gnarkill1529]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CalibratedZeus

I'm right outside Philadelphia in the Lansdale area, and I didn't hear about nor see anything today... I'll keep a look out though and report back if I find anything significant out or see anything.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
if that photo is what was seen then the proportions are way off for a "balloon" measuring 2' x 10'. cursory estimate from what i see is if that thing is 2' in diameter its at least 30' long. anyone see what i mean?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeastMaster2012
Pictures or it didn't happen! (PoiDH!)

Thank you. Why do people do second line? I have posted many times with only one line. Is it habit from an old rule or something?

And when people shows pictures, everybody says.. naahh they are fake hahaha
So well i think we need some more testimonies of people.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
This is really interesting, I haven't seen anything lately but then again, I haven't been looking. An interesting concept, has anyone asked Stan Gordon for any recent calls?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

My first thought was a balloon. Kinda hard to tell though.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by DivineAwakening]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DivineAwakening

A good rule of thumb about mysterious objects in the sky: If it is slow moving and visible more than a few seconds, it is probably some sort of balloon. If it greatly varies speed and seems to vary shape, then it becomes more questionable. If it is quite fast, it may be a meteor or some sort of craft (ours or theirs). If it seems to vary altitude and or direction of travel, it is some sort of craft. If it appears to be huge, beyond what you have ever seen, it is probably is a craft. We have a bunch of our own hardware up there these days, especially the triangles.

If it is a bright, multi-colored light, and you see it in about the same position on different nights, it is probably Venus. At this time of year, it is visible low in the western sky at sundown. Other times of the year, it is visible in the eastern sky an hour or so before sunrise. BTW, Venus is visible during the day time. but very difficult to see.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 05:56 AM
link   

After seeing the video you posted it instantly reminded me of a high flying kite instead of a baloon.

Also being from the new jersey area this really caught my attention however it doesn't really look like anything special. Why can't we get some real Ufo activity over NJ. Do aliens have no love for the north east?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I live and work in northern NJ. Driving into work on May 10th (Monday of this week) around 9 pm (I work 3rd shift) right around the Driscoll bridge, I noticed an incredible amount of activity in the skies all around me.

Given the flightpaths for Newark airport intersect in this area, there will typically be 1-5 flights visible at any given time, but I counted at least 20 lighted objects in the sky at one point. It was surreal, actually.

Driving north, I saw what looked like 3, 747-sized planes flying just above the treeline very slowly, at minimum 4 helicopters crissicrossing the road I was driving on, in the distance a strobing light with 3 accompanying lights that appeared to be in pursuit of the strober. There were additionally about a dozen other blips all across the sky. I have never seen anything like it and have been observing on my drive to work since then, with not a 10th as much activity observed.

Whatever it was, it merited a quite substantial presence of aircraft.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by tetrahedron]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

a baloon that turns ?? !!!!

yea.. that's not weird at all LOL

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
K, well.. then what's your take on the black very long (possibly 20' in length) object that isn't accending as it should like a balloon, turning aginst the wind like a kite, but can't be because it's in a rual area and possible traveling about 20 or so mph??

A blimp?

Originally posted by Aliensun

A good rule of thumb about mysterious objects in the sky: If it is slow moving and visible more than a few seconds, it is probably some sort of balloon. If it greatly varies speed and seems to vary shape, then it becomes more questionable. If it is quite fast, it may be a meteor or some sort of craft (ours or theirs). If it seems to vary altitude and or direction of travel, it is some sort of craft. If it appears to be huge, beyond what you have ever seen, it is probably is a craft. We have a bunch of our own hardware up there these days, especially the triangles.

If it is a bright, multi-colored light, and you see it in about the same position on different nights, it is probably Venus. At this time of year, it is visible low in the western sky at sundown. Other times of the year, it is visible in the eastern sky an hour or so before sunrise. BTW, Venus is visible during the day time. but very difficult to see.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm not sure when all the sightings took place in NJ/PA but last night at around 6:00PM a friend of mine noticed a black dot in the sky slowly moving accross the horizon. He pointed it out to me and we both watched for about 2 - 3 minutes. Caught up in the moment neither of us thought about recording it so I can only describe my best what we saw.

The object was very black and appeared far away.(At least 50 miles) It was moving slower then any airplane and would not keep a consistant velocity. It would go from slow to very slow to almost stopped etc. It moved from about 2 oclock to about 10 oclock right to left at approx 14+ thousand feet and was dipping in and out of the clouds. The altitude didn't change for a good 2 minutes until near the end. At one point it appeared to stop completely for about 20 seconds before slowly rising up into the clouds never to be seen again.

The object was black and must have been at least the size of a stealth bomber maybe even larger. The crazy thing is how black it really was. It was as if someone made a dot with a magic marker in the sky and was moving it slowly.

Time:
6:00PM

Approx. 25-50 miles north/northeast of Stamford, CT 06906

This location is possibly right over a large naval base in New London, CT.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by libertytoall]

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I used to live right off 22 in Bridgewater, way too far away now to see anything

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
just from reading the replies here we could be on to something.

A lot of different sightings then all of a sudden a nice weather balloon vid / announcement which smells a bit fishy to me.

As a few poster have pointed out, for such a rural location theres a lot of members here who live in the vacinity.

We need these guys to keep watching the skies for the next few nights incase we get another curious visit from off worldly friends.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I live in Bucks County, PA and I can say I've seen a few strange lights in the sky real late at night on multiple days, and maybe two nights ago some really weird unexplainable sounds that were very loud and quick. I just kind of assumed it had some explanation till I read this post.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivineAwakening

My first thought was a balloon. Kinda hard to tell though.

[edit on 14-5-2010 by DivineAwakening]

quotes from the YouTube comment section:

newjersey101point5 — May 13, 2010 — Listeners called Dennis & Michele on May 12 about a black cylindrical object over Somerset County. It turns out to have been a large balloon-like toy that was accidently released by a child.

hockeyygirlyy
25 minutes ago its a baloon from my science class we were doing a weather expeirement and let it go... it's NOT a ufo!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
these crazy happenings are not that media spread

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
You know what I just thought about? Has anyone really tried to film a dot in the sky at night? Try to take a zoomed in picture of saturn or mars with your camera. You can see more with binoculars yet it is nearly impossible to film or take a picture with camcorder or camera. Just a thought

Sucks to be those people who try to record a moving object, whole being amazed by it enough to try to check it out anolog style. So, try to give some people a break, we're not all professional photographers, let alone the difficulty of night time shots of stationary objects in the sky.

Seriously, go out and zoom in on Saturn or Mars and let us know how easy it is. Now, pretend it's moving. Sorry, little OT, but maybe this will hold weight if some pics start coming in.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo

a baloon that turns ?? !!!!

yea.. that's not weird at all LOL

Yes, a balloon that turns. Not saying that's what was in the vid but it looks like one of those long circuus balloons. Just like it in fact. Go buy one and let go of it high up on a slightly windy day. Just like that

P.S. By circuus balloon I mean the one's that clowns turn into poodles and such.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join