It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aussies to be barcoded at catastrophes

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Aussies to be barcoded at catastrophes

www.heraldsun.com.au

VICTIMS in large-scale accidents or catastrophes in the Northern Territory will soon be barcoded at the scene before being sent to hospital.

Experts say it is only a matter of months before Territory emergency services adapt the revolutionary barcode card technology, the Northern Territory News reported.

And the rest of Australia is expected to soon follow suit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Right... I'm sure that there are many benefits to processing humans like Express Mail packages. Yes, they will end up receiving the immediate care that they need in an orderly manner. (Assuming that the nearby hospital isn't already overrun and there happen to be enough doctors available.)

However, should there be cause for concern when another system, designed to barcode us, is introduced?

The article mentions that the system can be used after a terrorist attack. I guess that the designers and TPTB will need a terrorist attack to try out their system in a real-time exercise. Hmmm...

www.heraldsun.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Geez,im glad i moved from the Territory when i did.

What happens when they don't get to you after a few days? Say your spoiled and turn you into soilent green?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
This concerns me because of the human inclination to assume an abstract truth based on an implemented and socially acceptable technology...I'm not sure exactly the worst way to manipulate this or the end goal perhaps but this "electronic information" can be manipulated and unquestioned.

Can be and will be are different...but I am concerned...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Its one small step from coding disaster victims,to making it mandatory to have the bar-code on your person at all times.

A very slippery slope indeed.Perhaps this is being trialed in the NT before it becomes an Australia wide institution.

Anyhoo,I'm off to listen to the number of the beast....

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

Exactly. It's being introduced in backwater Australia - Darwin. (No offence intended)

Then again, they could probably introduce it in Melbourne and very few people would give a damn. Maybe they're testing the waters in the Territory to fix the bugs in the system?

There's probably a few Jews who might baulk at being barcoded in a catastrophe... didn't that already happen 70 years ago?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tezzajw

When I first read the thread title I thought it said "Aussies to be barbequed at catastrophes". It sounded yummy, but this barcoding thing seems kind of mark of the beastish.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Mmm, could be a good thing. Darwin gets emergency victims from all the surrounding islands.

In a disaster things get hectic, people are picked up dropped off from other countries real fast. They don’t have pass ports or any documents to say where they came from. Darwin Hospital has been over crowded before with foreign patients.

Just my thoughts.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Just throwing it out there, but if my casually informed memory serves me correctly, the Northern Territory has the highest millitary personnel to civillian population ratio anywhere in the country.

If pooh really did go down, and the millitary where prepared for the worst, and were able to control whatever disaster we could face. Surely the Northern Territory would be best situated to cope, or at least have enough resources to keep the population going?

Just speculating!

Timbo

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Darwin is the home of heavy drinking.
Barcodes may be good.
It will keep order and peace amongst the alchohlic population?

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Barcodes: A precursor to the mark of the beast.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Good. Why don't they just go ahead and put a nice little tag through their ears like they do with cattle too! That way it's hard to take it off and they can know where they stand on the food chain! Or just tattoo or brand it on 'em!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Cygnus_Hunter

Small step? Exactly how will you react if someone tries to force you to get a barcode? Now you think that this is a bad thing, but in the event of a disaster you have to have a system to track victims. Also I know it seems that their not thinking of the victims as people, and your correct you can't have that much in your mind when trying to control a disaster area. Not everything the Government is doing is evil or bad.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Efficiency......that's the word we are aiming for here!!

Everything has to be more efficient. Keep the costs low and the production high. Maybe they can even install a conveyor belt at the hospital's entrance.

The ambulance crew can stop at the entrance, place you on the conveyor belt and an automatic system will read your barcode and move you to your designated area (E.R. / morgue / delivery room etc.). The ambulance crew can go right back out there after delivering their "package"........efficiency!!!

Never mind what kind of hilarious situations this could bring when they slap the wrong barcode on you. It's the overall result you have to look at. Costs will we reduced by such a system and that is the goal. The error margin will be accepted when looking at the increase of efficiency.

Happy days......

Peace

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime
Efficiency......that's the word we are aiming for here!!

Everything has to be more efficient. Keep the costs low and the production high. Maybe they can even install a conveyor belt at the hospital's entrance.

The ambulance crew can stop at the entrance, place you on the conveyor belt and an automatic system will read your barcode and move you to your designated area (E.R. / morgue / delivery room etc.). The ambulance crew can go right back out there after delivering their "package"........efficiency!!!

Never mind what kind of hilarious situations this could bring when they slap the wrong barcode on you. It's the overall result you have to look at. Costs will we reduced by such a system and that is the goal. The error margin will be accepted when looking at the increase of efficiency.

Happy days......

Peace

Sounds to me like the sci-fi movie "solent green", where everyone is taged and in end the bodies are turned into little green waffers..

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
Barcodes may be good.

Being an Australian I find this highly offensive, insulting and disgusting.

If you're going to generalise an entire town, how about you produce some information to back up your wild and outlandish claims.

If you don't have any tangible evidence then I say this to you, how dare you. This is practically racism and I think someone needs to remove your post. Totally irrelevant and deffinately uncalled for.

And if it's in humour, then I suggest you hone your sense of it, if I was from Darwin (and I do in fact have family there) I would be quite angry over a senseless comment like this.

Ranting aside, and to get back on topic, I'm really not surprised, RFID chips have been around for a while now, and yes, while the theory behind the method is plausibly beneficial, do you honestly believe that it wont be misused and taken advantage of?

We're moving swiftly towards a New World Order, the truth is right under our noses people, and if we don't fight this now, we're going to wake up one day with a bar code tattooed on our forehead and a GPS device implanted in our skin.

Open your eyes for gods sake! the NWO isn't some fanciful conspiracy, it's here, right now, and this is just more evidence to prove the point.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
New world order in effect! this is how cattle iss treated. dosnt suprise me when humans do it to otehs sad to say. what a sepcies and barbaric race humans are
fear globalization* we all will be barcoded*

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by noomy

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
Barcodes may be good.

Being an Australian I find this highly offensive, insulting and disgusting.

If you're going to generalise an entire town, how about you produce some information to back up your wild and outlandish claims.

If you don't have any tangible evidence then I say this to you, how dare you. This is practically racism and I think someone needs to remove your post. Totally irrelevant and deffinately uncalled for.

And if it's in humour, then I suggest you hone your sense of it, if I was from Darwin (and I do in fact have family there) I would be quite angry over a senseless comment like this.

Sorry mate didnt know a self righteous .... would read it.
I suggest you get your head out of that big smelly hole it obviously is stuck in.
To any cobber with a pot of brains I was clearly taking the Pss and making a pun.
I personally have lived in Darwin so I think I can give an opinion on the heavy drinking , so go eat another lemon.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Dr Conspire and noomy,

The impression one has of a location is, most likely, influenced by one's social surroundings. What you both should look at is what kind of social class you both are from in order to conclude which one of you is correct.

Most likely it's a bit of both, like any other city on earth. Will a single mother on welfare give you the same impression of her surroundings as a retired millionair living it up in the hills?

Peace

PS: oh sorry, this thread wasn't about Darwin. How did we get this far from the topic?? "Aussies to be barcoded at catastrophes".....

[edit on 13-5-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Just some information regarding what goes on at Darwin Hospitals.

NT at centre of disaster response after $50m deal
It has been crucial in responding to many other catastrophes, including further bombings in Bali and Jakarta, the Ashmore Reef disaster and the earthquakes in Indonesia's Sumatra.

Darwin medics prepare for arrival of Bali victims
Australians injured in the Bali bombings are expected to start arriving in Darwin overnight for treatment.

The Royal Darwin Hospital - integral in the aftermath of the 2002 Bali attacks - was expected to be the first port of call for many Australians with blast and shrapnel injuries.

Deadly blasts rip through Bali
The hospital has been on stand-by since early today, ready to treat up to 100 patients.

"While it isn't clear at this stage how may people we may need to treat, we are preparing for the worst," acting hospital manager Len Notaras said.

"We can actually start to deal with the wounded right now, whether they are seriously wounded with ventilation capacity necessary, or ... walking wounded.

Sorry but i dont how to link it so it says snippet from news source.

[edit on 13/5/10 by Whateva69]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join