It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identity cards set to be scrapped

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This is great news for us here in the UK, one of Labour's big brother schemes put to rest, I hope the new coalition does turn back the bullsh!t laws that Labour invented using the Terrorism act as an excuse! This new coalition does look quite promising at the moment, I hope they make the right decisions, well, they can't Fu*k up the country any more than the Labour party has that's for sure!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
good for the UK

however I see something more sinister

as long and as hard as the NWO has worked
to get this system in place. I hardly doubt
they will just give up all that hard work
without a fight. When u fight this type entity,
somebody always winds up suicided somewhere.
Im expecting it

who do you think will commit suicide? i think NWO has somthing else in the agenda

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousproxy

You may be correct there.

It does seem odd as to why they are doing this. It could be genuine but it could be a 'suspension'.

Can we really believe they would throw away all that data? In a society where information is power, they must surely have something up their sleeve.

But what?
Plans for a new form of attack in which these cards and such are brought back in force at a later date?
Immediate 'skipping' of the ID card for microchipping after a major event of some description?

Time will certainly tell on this one.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That is very interesting. Thanks for posting! I do believe however that the U S is definitely headed towards a national id card whether we want it or not....probably accelerated by the immigration issue or possibly increased terrorism---hopefully not that reason....
Wondering however if a code like "C" for citizen or "R.A." for resident alien, couldn't just be placed on driver's license's nationwide? In most states you already have to prove your date of birth thru a
birth certificate or passport, before getting a license or id, so they already have that data, and that would eliminate having to produce extra documents, etc.

I noticed the other day that American Airlines now has a blank reserved on their website (after login) for inputting
a "known traveller number" in your profile but it indicated that blank was reserved for Homeland Security future use. It may have been there for some time now but I just noticed it and was curious.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
But what?
Plans for a new form of attack in which these cards and such are brought back in force at a later date?
Immediate 'skipping' of the ID card for microchipping after a major event of some description?

Time will certainly tell on this one.

From a conspiracy point of view that may be a possibility.

If the UK ID cards are like the Portuguese (and at least they look exactly the same), the information on the card is nothing to worry about, so for a Big Brother like society they would need something "better".

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Wanting something 'better' could be part of the reason why they have decided this.
Financialy, it makes more sense to roll out something that is exactly what they want instead of wasting time, effort and money on soemthing that only does half the job. But, what do they care? We pay taxes for them to have their little games

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Hmmm.. I thought the EU and US had agreed on some form of ID/Passport scanner..

Sill am really glad to see this scheme come to an end.. and my hopes are that they really do roll back the nanny state principles and social engineering imposed by NuLabour..

we shall see..

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I bet the EU will try to put a stop to this...It is they who control UK laws now,whoever is in government.
The EU will attempt to destabilise the conservatives IMO,because they hate their stance on Europe.
Expect Mandelson to get get a flash new EU post soon as well-They will use his hatred and biterness towards the new government as a weapon to destabilise the UK on all fronts IMO.

We may find ourselves unable to travel to Europe,unless we agree to getting an EU biometric card/passport,bypassing the conservatives new ideas.

The conservatives will end up in a battle with the EU commies IMO.
And our enconomy will be used as the main weapon.
IMO.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
I bet the EU will try to put a stop to this...It is they who control UK laws now,whoever is in government.
The EU will attempt to destabilise the conservatives IMO,because they hate their stance on Europe.
Expect Mandelson to get get a flash new EU post soon as well-They will use his hatred and biterness towards the new government as a weapon to destabilise the UK on all fronts IMO.

We may find ourselves unable to travel to Europe,unless we agree to getting an EU biometric card/passport,bypassing the conservatives new ideas.

The conservatives will end up in a battle with the EU commies IMO.
And our enconomy will be used as the main weapon.
IMO.

I very much doubt that the EU will 'impose' any new laws on the UK as the new coalition have agreed that Brussels gets no new powers over UK Legislation.

Mandelson will only get an EU job if the new coalition says so, Brussels has no power over any UK citizens being promoted unless the UK Government says so.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Let's not forget that talk is cheap, and in the case of politicians, it's even cheaper. I will wait until I see these new pieces of legistlation passed and implented before I start celebrating.

And this is what Theresa May says about the DNA database:

"We are absolutely clear we need to make some changes in relation to the DNA database. For example one of the first things we will do is to ensure that all the people who have actually been convicted of a crime and are not present on it are actually on the DNA database. "The last government did not do that. It focused on retaining the DNA data of people who were innocent. Let's actually make sure that those who have been found guilty are actually on that database."

Her main priority is to get DNA samples of criminals that aren't on the database - which is reasonable - but she doesn't implicitly say anything about getting rid of samples of innocent people.
As far as I can remember, the Liberal Democrats want all innocent people's samples removed, whereas the Conservatives just want a reduction in the time that samples can be stored.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Conspiracy Chicks fan !]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join