It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Identity cards set to be scrapped

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Identity cards set to be scrapped

news.bbc.co.uk

Identity cards will be scrapped under plans announced by the new Conservative and Lib Dem coalition government.

Their abolition is among measures the parties have agreed to reverse what they say was "the substantial erosion" of civil liberties in recent years.

Other proposals include reforms to the DNA database, tighter regulation of CCTV and a review of libel laws.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is great news for many, many people here in the UK and may actually help other countries realise the potential threat such items have on their daily lives.

I can only hope that this will bring about a change.
Let this be of some importance towards getting back a sense of sanity.

With all the attention this election has been having, this act is way up there on the list, in my opinion.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If the U.K. actually heads this way, then maybe the U.S.'s politicians can pull their heads out of their butt and realize that what they are pushing for is not change. I hope to God that the U.K. can pull it off.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Not before time I must say but lets face facts here.
The only reason they are scrapping the cards is down to the fact of cost and that we as a country are pretty much screwed financially at the moment.

If we were still enjoying growth I would hedge a bet that they would still be given the green light.

My 2 pence.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Hallelujah, now if only the US will follow suit and scrap the "national ID act". Biometric IDs might seem more secure, but in reality they do nothing more than create MORE databases of compromising personal information of the individual.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
USA will not follow suite to Britian. Good news though, although i din't mind the ID cards however th DNA blood database shuld be addressed.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It goes further..

The new government is also proposing to scrap all future biometric passports and the Contact Point Database as part of a new so-called "Freedom or Great Repeal Bill".

It wants to "roll back" powers it says were taken by the state under Labour and has pledged to defend trial by jury, restore rights to non-violent protest, end the storage of internet and email records without good reason, introduce safeguards against the "misuse" of anti-terrorism legislation.

news.bbc.co.uk...

This is a MASSIVE sweeping clean of what many believe to be a part of the agenda of the NWO.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
do you not mind submitting a retinal scan or fingerprints for a national ID card? I think most would, myself included.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Extralien
It goes further..

The new government is also proposing to scrap all future biometric passports and the Contact Point Database as part of a new so-called "Freedom or Great Repeal Bill".

It wants to "roll back" powers it says were taken by the state under Labour and has pledged to defend trial by jury, restore rights to non-violent protest, end the storage of internet and email records without good reason, introduce safeguards against the "misuse" of anti-terrorism legislation.

news.bbc.co.uk...

This is a MASSIVE sweeping clean of what many believe to be a part of the agenda of the NWO.

ca you explain to me why this could be NWO thing please?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's ironic that a right wing Conservative government should disband the ID card proposal... then again, it's ironic that a centre-left Labour government attempted to enact it into law in the first place... the world of UK politics is turning upside down... and the icing on the cake is that the right wing Conservatives are working along the left wing Lib Dems... let's hope this unusual situation has a bright future for the UK.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by frankensence
do you not mind submitting a retinal scan or fingerprints for a national ID card? I think most would, myself included.

My finger prints are already on the national police database and that was only for cautions plus they have my DNA so unfortunately it doesn't make any difference however i disagree with that yes.
Is there any plans for Tories to abolish certain police databases

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
That's great news. Now, how do we scan our bodies for nano ID chips?

I am sad to think there won't be a way to tell, or if one was started as a public service, it would be outlawed.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by anonymousproxy

Basically, the ID card could possibly be used to monitor every move you make, every person you come into contact with and many other intrusions into your life.

Check some of these links
www.abovetopsecret.com...

That will give you a bit more info and lead you towards your own research

It's been a very long issue and many have opposed it.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Basically, the ID card could possibly be used to monitor every move you make, every person you come into contact with and many other intrusions into your life.

Check some of these links

That will give you a bit more info and lead you towards your own research

It's been a very long issue and many have opposed it.

I mean the NWO agenda on your comment you made here

what d you mean by its a massive sweeping of the NWO agenda by scrapping the id card, just to explain to me as i have autism i find it hard to understand. How is your comment to do with increasing a NWO agenda? or do you mean sweeping of gettin rid of a NWO agenda?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
So we may see the nanny state being scrapped, and the ending of labours social engineering and control.

Whether it's being done on the basis of cost or not, the fact is that labour were/are control freaks, and this is indeed welcome news.

I think the abuse of anti-terror legislation relates to councils using powers to spy on individuals, and also the photography furore that we saw in the last couple of years.

Welcome news.

The conservatives fiscal responsibility combined with lib dem social consience could be great news for the country if they can make it work...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

No biometric passports? Doesn't the US ask that foreigners have biometric passports to enter the country?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

It clears it away. Gets rid of it.

And I'm glad it is on its way out.

This not only frees us of one type of bondage, but also another... 911
How? By breaking the hold of the fear that was instilled into the masses about terrorism. This lifts a weight off of many peoples shoulders. With identity being a major part of the idea for total control, the events of 911 gave TPTB a power to increase surveillance, control, manipulation, corruption, scheming and ever increasing amount of new laws.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

A very good question...

And here is the answer

Do I require a biometric passport to travel to the United States?

Passports issued on or after October 26, 2005, must include a biometric identifier based on applicable standards established by the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). The Department of Homeland Security has announced that from October 26, 2005, a digital photograph of the passport holder's face printed on the data page of the passport will be the acceptable standard. Passports issued on or after October 26, 2006, must also include an integrated circuit chip capable of storing the biographic information from the data page, a digitized photograph and other biometric information.

www.usembassy.org.uk...

Please note the page title

Passport requirements for travelers under the Visa Waiver Program

Countries on the VWP can be found here;
www.usembassy.org.uk...
but notice they must meet the following requirements also;
www.usembassy.org.uk...

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Extralien]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

It clears it away. Gets rid of it.

And I'm glad it is on its way out.

This not only frees us of one type of bondage, but also another... 911
How? By breaking the hold of the fear that was instilled into the masses about terrorism. This lifts a weight off of many peoples shoulders. With identity being a major part of the idea for total control, the events of 911 gave TPTB a power to increase surveillance, control, manipulation, corruption, scheming and ever increasing amount of new laws.

so basically there's no need for an id card because they can implement much more convincing laws? how clever

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
good for the UK

however I see something more sinister

as long and as hard as the NWO has worked
to get this system in place. I hardly doubt
they will just give up all that hard work
without a fight. When u fight this type entity,
somebody always winds up suicided somewhere.
Im expecting it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join