It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiter loses a stripe

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The article clearly states that this has happened before, last time being 1973.
-The great spot on Neptune disappeared, Jupiters spot spawns smaller spots......
The giant planets have a huge amount of energy coming from within their cores. This results in amazing, huge storms, winds over 1,000MPH and many other weather patterns we do not see on Earth.

I agree that the southern band disappearing is interesting, but it's far from revolutionary and I do not understand how it has anything to do with Wormwood or Nibru. Did you guys even read the end of the article where it stated that in 1973 the band was absent?

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   
I think it is quite interesting that a feature can change quickly. Maybe these patterns seen in the Jovian clouds are simply superficial features. Maybe the more interesting dynamics of the planet are just deeper in the clouds that make up this gas giant.

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I agree that the southern band disappearing is interesting, but it's far from revolutionary and I do not understand how it has anything to do with Wormwood or Nibru. Did you guys even read the end of the article where it stated that in 1973 the band was absent?

I assume that was a rhetorical question you posted. Of course not. Who wants to waste time being educated or looking up the date or references on an article? There are popcorn and potato chip bags to empty.

Appreciate your posts. They are well written and to the point.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Very very interesting. Im curious what it means? Maybe just a storm died down?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I just heard last night on the radio as I was going to sleep, that the rings are missing not only in the southern hemisphere but also on the northern...

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Yeah, it's definitely worth keeping an eye on. If the northern band has also disappeared then there's obviously something changing around the entire globe. I wonder how long they will remain unseen or not there. It really does amaze me that the gas and ice giant planets have such intense weather patterns and storms. So far from the Sun, yet such strong winds. It really is interesting. I just think that there is a rational scientific explanation that doesn't have anything to do with a made up brown dwarf or rogue planet mysteriously floating about our system that we cannot see.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Nasa admit being puzzled by this.

science.nasa.gov...

I think the planets are waking up. They are coming life. Now, that would be cool.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Big Mystery: Jupiter Loses a Stripe

"The SEB fades at irregular intervals, most recently in 1973-75, 1989-90, 1993, 2007, 2010," says John Rogers, director of the British Astronomical Association's Jupiter Section. "The 2007 fading was terminated rather early, but in the other years the SEB was almost absent, as at present."

The return of the SEB can be dramatic.

"We can look forward to a spectacular outburst of storms and vortices when the 'SEB Revival' begins," says Rogers. "It always begins at a single point, and a disturbance spreads out rapidly around the planet from there, often becoming spectacular even for amateurs eyeballing the planet through medium-sized telescopes. However we can't predict when or where it will start. On historical precedent it could be any time in the next 2 years. We hope it will be in the next few months so that everyone can get a good view.

"I'll be watching every chance I get," says Wesley. "The revival will likely be sudden and dramatic, with planet-circling groups of storms appearing over the space of just a week or so."

This is apparently not new, but it is an event that isn't well understood even if there are plausible explanations.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
This is getting interesting.

There has been an impact on Jupiter. It has been captured on video by the same guy that highlighted the missing stripe. (Anthony Wesley)

I may be wrong but it does look like the impact occurred where the stripe dissappeared.

Coincidence??

Details are on this site

spaceweather.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

This is getting interesting.

There has been an impact on Jupiter. It has been captured on video by the same guy that highlighted the missing stripe. (Anthony Wesley)

I may be wrong but it does look like the impact occurred where the stripe dissappeared.

Coincidence??

Details are on this site

spaceweather.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

there's a thread here on it

top topics

<< 1   >>

join