It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What right do terrorists have to attack us? and why do we not just eliminate em all cant be to hard

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
We label people that those atrocities against humanity terrorist and we are as bad as the people we label. If we are to clean the earth from terrorist we will have to start us US first.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
We label people that those atrocities against humanity terrorist and we are as bad as the people we label. If we are to clean the earth from terrorist we will have to start us US first.

Yeah because the US goes around purposefully slaughtering people because they have a different way of life. I get sick of people comparing the United States to Al Qaeda or Nazis or any other terrorist organization. So people die as casualties of a war that we're fighting in, so what? People die in war, that's the way it is. We're not purposefully going in and blowing up civilian places just for sh*ts and giggles (unlike Al Qaeda). We do our best to attack only military targets. Any civilian casualties that we inflict are tragic but accidental. Why do people equate the US with terrorists? I just don't understand.

And I don't buy the idea that the US was behind 9/11 either, so that one won't work on me. Perhaps I'm just ignorant and blind (I don't think so, I tend to believe I think rationally and reasonably) and I can't see the truth, but I dunno... The United States is not like Al Qaeda.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMMORTAL
I don't hate the United States. I just hate the fact that sometimes innocent people have to die.

Might you be talking about those inncocent people that died almost three years ago in a multiple guided missile attack against the U.S.?

I don't remember any time in history where a nation defended itself from a barbaric enemy, yet concerned itself so much with lessening loss of civilian life.

dz

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Reminds me of a quote from Ghandi.

"You have to be the change you wish to see in the world"

I think this thread should be locked now before it turns into another massive US -vs- the World thread. We have had millions of threads on this topic. It'll lead us nowhere..

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra
Isn't it funny how America is leading the search for Weapons of mass destruction yet it remains the only Country ever to use them on human population.

No, I do not think its funny or even curious in the least.
The United States used to nuclear weapons against an enemy that knew no bounds when it came to atrocities against both EPW's as well as the citizens of occupied countries. The number of deaths, both on the allied side as well as the Japanese side, was going to be monumental; the Japanese were conditioning the population to fight in the streets against the Allied forces, turning women and children into "combatants". The Japanese had brainwashed people, such as on Okinawa, into thinking that the G.I.s were monsters, and one would be better off hurling themselves off of cliffs than be captured by the American monsters. The firebombings, which proved to be more destructive than the two nuclear weapons to which you refer, did not deter the Japanese from continuing the war.

The weapons were used as necessary to prevent furhter loss of life, your glibness is not factual or accurate.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I think this thread should be locked now before it turns into another massive US -vs- the World thread. We have had millions of threads on this topic. It'll lead us nowhere..

I agree.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Faisca

It is many ways to describe terrorist and acts of terrorism to bad we have been feed only one kind the one our government only ones us to see.

Sorry if I hurt you patriotism

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Faisca

It is many ways to describe terrorist and acts of terrorism to bad we have been feed only one kind the one our government only ones us to see.

Sorry if I hurt you patriotism

Um... You didn't hurt my patriotism. I love America, I don't agree with her leaders, but I also don't equate her leaders with terrorists.

I'm not sure what you even mean about us being fed only the ones the gov't wants us to see. The ones I see are enough. Islamic fundamentalists wanting to rid the world of infidels, psychotic Americans willing to blow up buildings for whatever they believe in, I'd even say that the people who shoot up abortion clinics are terrorists. Terrorists destroy innocent human life on purpose not as a casualty of war.

Despite what you may assume about me, I don't read papers and watch CNN and get my news spoon fed to me. I come to ATS all the time. I think outside the box, I disagree with many things our government does. But I've seen no evidence that our country has purposely taken the life of INNOCENT people for no reason other than to strike fear into the hearts of people. Ok, innocent people have died in Iraq, yeah that's a casualty of war. When the terrorists kill our innocent people they fly jets into our buildings and murder thousands of innocents on purpose. I see a big difference between the two...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I love America too and will die defending America myself, if we were attack in our own soil, but people die around this world everyday from deaseses, famine and other acts done to each other and that to me is terrorism because we don't do anything to help.

I guess with Reagan passing I am kind of sad about this world today, even when I was not even in his favor.

I wish we humans will learn to just be happy with each other. I think I am going to stay away from this type of threads today

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

The Muslim terrorists belive that we are all infidels and must be cleansed from the earth. They belive in thier sick twisted minds that by killing innocent Americans and others, they will go to heaven.

This is true, but it DOES NOT!! DOES NOT!! teach that in their religion. One other thing, if you are wiling to go and find all the terrosrist in their hide outs, we'll eliminate them all.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Might you be talking about those inncocent people that died almost three years ago in a multiple guided missile attack against the U.S.?
Not only that, but all across the world. Innocence has no boundaries.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I think anyone that takes violent action in the name of any religion has problems that in a lot of cases can only be dealt with on their level...imagine the close calls in recent history with attacks, plots, etc. that the public doesn't know about in regards to terrorism.

Me thinks anyone has about any right to do anything...they just have to answer for it. Eliminating them is difficult when it's not entirely known who is deemed "Terrorist" until after an event...battle for the modern age will be unconventional I suppose.

Success for such an endeavor would require unity and focus of a nation. A nation which seems to be going for the sixth mortgage and removing valuable foundation stones in questionable trade agreements and such.

Sometimes I think Terrorism is the smoke and mirrors for the economic takeover of America.

Sorry to go off base...got that typing rhythm going on a tangent.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It would be impossible to wipe out terrorists, the more we kill, the more are created. The form of islam they teach in our "allies" mosques (Saudi Arabia) is geared toward a hatred for all non-muslims. Moreover, it seems even moderate muslims are turning ever more against us, the majority of the arab world felt the berg beheading was wrong but justified. How can we co-exist with someone who wants us dead because we dont believe what they do? I know alot of people need it but religion it seems will be the one thing if anything that brings civilization down. Im no athiest, I think theres something higher but I dont think mankind can brand it, proclaim themselves men of god (which we all see can do the worst things) and have people follow them blindly in the name of whatever god they claim. Why cant we all treat each other respectfully, and not feel we have to do the bidding of some god we choose, whatever power is on high Im sure does not demand we bow to him, thats a human "quality". If someone does want to pray to whichever entity, they should do so with family on their own home. Not put some preacher or cleric on high and follow like sheep. If everybody would only think that way, there would be no terrorism. And the world would probably have advanced alot further in many areas.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I don't like stupid people...

Originally posted by 7th_Chakra
Isn't it funny how America is leading the search for Weapons of mass destruction yet it remains the only Country ever to use them on human population.

Oh really?

How about Germany, Britain and France in WW1?

How about Germany in WW2?

How about Japan in WW2?

How about the Soviet Union during the Cold War?

How about Iraq?

Here in the UK under new law the Real IRA are not classed as terrorists. How crazy is that? they blew people up then ran for the shadows, is that not the same as whats happening now?

The IRA are not the terrorists, never have been, there are sub-groups within Ireland that has been doing all the acts of terrorism.

Then again these people are always made from a given situation that come back to haunt the innocents of the problem causing country. whatever your view its always the innocents that had nothing to do with the problem or cause that suffer....

The trick is to make you think its US vs THEM. Infact they are seperate hands of the same body playing us for their ends. But that is another thread.

No that's not another thread, you really don't understand the Middle East situation.

You don't even know the fact that MANY nations have used WMD on populations. Only America and the nations of WW1 used it in any "justifiable manner" a time of war for the purposes of defeating the enemy.

Every other nation except Iraq which also used it against Iran...had used WMDs to just kill people or experimentally.

Iraq did for both reasons.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I understand the middle eastern situation perfectly. Manipulate Islam over there, induce fear and blinding patriotism here and you a 2 groups of blind people ready to take each other down.

New World Order never had it easier...!

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I can't believe this thread is still here. "deny ignorance"... the freakin name of the thread is full of it. Someone wondered why people seem to wish an asteroid would end our miserable lifes. Well, the content of this thread should be enough to answer that question. Geez.. have a coke and a smile and shut the f***k up.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason

Oh really?

How about Germany, Britain and France in WW1?

How about Germany in WW2?

How about Japan in WW2?

How about the Soviet Union during the Cold War?

How about Iraq?

You don't even know the fact that MANY nations have used WMD on populations. Only America and the nations of WW1 used it in any "justifiable manner" a time of war for the purposes of defeating the enemy.

Every other nation except Iraq which also used it against Iran...had used WMDs to just kill people or experimentally.

Iraq did for both reasons.

Ahem, so when America was testing atomic weapons on their own soldiers.... this was Justifiable and not experimentally?
When Iraq was using sarin gas on the Kurds and Iranians, these were purchased..... where? Is it allowable to be sold these WMD, but not used? If i sell a gun to a crack dealer down the street, and i know he's going to use it on you, wouldnt you feel a little bit peeved at me?

The argument that Hiroshima and Nagasaki was justifiable on the grounds that is saved American lives is flawed.
If this argument is true, then we must allow that ANY nation can use WMD's in the interests of saving their own soldiers lives.

Its in the interests of that nation, wether on the side of Good or Bad, and i really thinks its more shades of grey than as clear cut as that, to minimise losses and maximise the enemies (whoever they are) losses.
If this involves a nuke or 2, then so be it, but dont come crying to me when some other nation uses whatever means they have on you.

What i think many people get confused about is blades cut both ways.

Like 'terrorists', they fight from the shadows, in civilian clothes, from caves, using any means they can to do harm to the enemy, its considered cowardly yes?
What would you do deprived of a multi-billion dollar a year military spenditure?
I ask you, please tell me how you would fight the 'coalition' if you were Al-Quada or an Iraqi or whatever.
Would you hop into the closest rusty T-72 and head off to the front line?
Please tell me, i'm dying to know, or would you fight in a way that neutralises the biggest military budget (you know, the one bigger than education, the one that could probably cure the worlds famine in a year)?

I would hate to be in a position to be killed or to kill a human being, i hope it never happens, but it seem obvious to me why these so called 'terrorists' fight the way they do.
They fight in similar methods as the American Revolutionists, the French Partisans, hell, the damn CIA, you can see them on TV every now and then, walking around in civvies with machine guns and sunglasses, no doubt having little secret hideaways, spying on the 'bad' guys, using the same means the 'terrorists' do, its only because the 'bad' guys dont control the media and have billions to hide what they are doing....

Dont get me wrong, i aint ant-american, or even anti Bush,
i dont give a toss if your black, white, asian, muslim, gay, arab or nazi, i'm anti the guys who see with blinkers on, the ones with a one-sided view of the world, it just so happens on these Forums that most of those people are American, so it comes across that way

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
"Like 'terrorists', they fight from the shadows, in civilian clothes, from caves, using any means they can to do harm to the enemy, its considered cowardly yes? "

This seems a prevalent US stance at the moment, for some reason the "enemy" are perceived as not fighting Fair.

What do you want ? The US army and the Iraqi army line up on two sides of a field and charge ?

This concept that it is cowardly to use guerrilla tactics against a vastly superior armed force seems flawed.

Its far more cowardly to fly several thousand feet above your enemy and carpet bomb him into submission.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
You can easily excuse terror attack by different means, you can speak about what causes terrorism, you can speak about the way terrorists live , you can tell everyone what a good and moral person you are, how you hate wars and only hoping for peace, and how poor the terrorists are, but to be honest, when it comes to your friends or family being blown up in a bus or slaughtered at their home for no apparent reason - no one gives a #, and you won't give a # too.

I bet it all seems understandable and explainable while you are sitting in your house watching CNN news, or even being in Iraq sitting in some tank and obeing orders, but thats all is just big pile of BS.

Blowing up hundreds of civilians, including women and children and whole families just because you want to get to heaven and sleep with 20 virgins or whatever, or because you want to become a holy man in the eyes of twited terrorists like yourself - is nothing but SICK! and it has absoloutly NOTHING in common with wars or even the torture of enemy POWs.

If you think otherwise - I just hope one day you will be able to understand that all of your complicated humane and "logical" claims about terrorism mean nothing when it comes to real life.

Terrorism is torrorism. Al Quaeda = Terrorists, Hammas = Terrorists, Hezbollah = Terrorists, in my opinios the people who are behind those organizations do not deserve to live, and those terrorists have nothing in common with the man who dropped a nuke on japan or G.W.Bush. Not by thier thoughts, not by their motives, not by their ideology, and not by anything else. that is a fact.

[edit on 8-6-2004 by Transc3ndent]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
FreedomFighter:

Yea we did nuke Japan and we had to. It saved countless Americans from being slaughtered if we were to invade the mainland of Japan.

Nope, the war was already pretty much over, the United States wanted to show the Russians that they had the bomb so that the Russians wouldn't try to increase it's military after WWII to aggressively expand.

So they did it to show their strength. NOT to end the war. 700,000 civilian deaths later, and it's still a nuclear strike on 2 civilian populations.

Faisca:

We do our best to attack only military targets. Any civilian casualties that we inflict are tragic but accidental.

And yet, the Pentagon says "We don't do civilian body counts". Not ONCE has the US government made an effort to count how many dead Iraqi civilians they've caused.

Is it so hard for you to believe that when other people see that, they take it to mean that civilian deaths are UNIMPORTANT to the US? Unless of course it's their own civilians, then it is a tragedy of mythic proportions.

ThomasCrowne:

I don't remember any time in history where a nation defended itself from a barbaric enemy, yet concerned itself so much with lessening loss of civilian life.

Really? People have been using the same tired line for THOUSANDS of years. Whenever an army invades another country to OCCUPY it, they ALWAYS put on a good public relations face to show the conquered that they "aren't all that bad". All the way back to ancient Egypt.

The Japanese had brainwashed people, such as on Okinawa, into thinking that the G.I.s were monsters, and one would be better off hurling themselves off of cliffs than be captured by the American monsters. The firebombings, which proved to be more destructive than the two nuclear weapons to which you refer, did not deter the Japanese from continuing the war.

Hey cool, if we're just making stuff up and not using facts whatsoever, why don't you just say they did it to kill Godzilla?

Hey did ANYONE bother to read the first Osama communique after 9-11? With the complaints and grievances that he perceived as the reason for the jihad? Know your enemy.

Or, you know, try to know SOMETHING instead of saying "Oh it's that they're evil and they want to kill us and rape our women".

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join