It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is everyone ? The mystery remains ...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SmokeandShadow

Dear SmokeandShadow

Creator Humm. As that Japanese American Boffin said if we are alone then it is an awful waste of space.

God just traveled around the universe for about 9 billion years came a pone earth and said ok we put some intelligent life there.

No I will go with the Japanese Boffin I think.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by tauristercus

So where is everyone ?????

Ok what I say now. I am compelled to say.

There really are no other civilizations out there because we were meant to populate it all .

[edit on 12-5-2010 by randyvs]

Oh boy.
So intimate.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   

There really are no other civilizations out there because we were meant to populate it all .

Wow.

I don't really want to do that. lol. If I had my own planet....I can barely find my keys now.

Interesting point of view though. I am not sure. We do not do a very good job of taking care of the one we know without a doubt, no questions asked, that we do live on.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

You're NOT going to get an argument from me
because for all that I, you or anyone else knows, we could very well be the ONLY intelligence or the first to develop advanced technology. Perhaps it IS up to us to go forth eventually and claim the galaxy in the name of humanity.

But if thats the case, it raises a heck of a lot more questions than answers as to WHY we've been singled out.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   

But if thats the case, it raises a heck of a lot more questions than answers as to WHY we've been singled out.

It isn't that hard to imagine being singled out if we are the only ones.
In fact I would venture to say that would be the only reason.
But singled out by who or what. or....

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jomina

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear tauristercus

No sorry I have not been clear.

The reason we have not heard them is because the communications speed are faster than the speed of light using some other method other than radio that we have not found yet.

exactly. We very VERY well probably have not developed technology that can detect the communication signals they use.

I mean, look at our own development in the past 200 years, communications-wise. How much different would an infrastructure look like when they've had thousands, even millions more years than we have had to develop.

Exactly ... then why are we NOT neck deep in alien species by now ? Where are these potential civilizations thousands or millions of years more advanced then us ? Why are their massive engineering projects NOT littering the galaxy ? Why do we NOT see galactic levels of trade going on between all these estimated thousands and millions of civilizations out there ? Why do we NOT detect any form of radio communication between civilizations out there that are comparable in technological development to us ? Why hasn't Earth been overrun many, many times in the past by these hordes of extraterrestrials ?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Originally posted by Jomina

Originally posted by MAC269

Dear tauristercus

No sorry I have not been clear.

The reason we have not heard them is because the communications speed are faster than the speed of light using some other method other than radio that we have not found yet.

exactly. We very VERY well probably have not developed technology that can detect the communication signals they use.

I mean, look at our own development in the past 200 years, communications-wise. How much different would an infrastructure look like when they've had thousands, even millions more years than we have had to develop.

Exactly ... then why are we NOT neck deep in alien species by now ? Where are these potential civilizations thousands or millions of years more advanced then us ? Why are their massive engineering projects NOT littering the galaxy ? Why do we NOT see galactic levels of trade going on between all these estimated thousands and millions of civilizations out there ? Why do we NOT detect any form of radio communication between civilizations out there that are comparable in technological development to us ? Why hasn't Earth been overrun many, many times in the past by these hordes of extraterrestrials ?

They could have advanced to a level where they no longer need the things of this reality which holds us here.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

"The purpose of this thread was not to dispute or deny the many instances over the years of 'alleged' sightings of what have been 'interpreted' as alien spacecraft but rather to highlight the seemingly incomprehensible fact that there is absolutely ZERO substantiated evidence, whether on Earth, in the solar system or in the galaxy of other extraterrestrial civilizations."

I don't know what you mean exactly by the "absolutely zero substantial evidence". What does it constitue the substantial evidence?

Evidence admissible at the court of law? Evidence admissible with the mathematical proof? Or simply the evidence you only can be convinced?

Or most probably you meant the evidence that the government says "proved"?

If that is what you meant, you will never get the proof.

So, telll me what standard do you use to consider an evidence is admissible ?

Until making this point clear, there is no point discussing this subject any further.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:41 AM
link   
There still exist tribes deep in the Amazon forest who have never seen or had contact with "modern" man. They were photographed from above, scattering in terror and shaking their spears at the helicopter.

That's all humanity is, a lost tribe buried deep in a forest of stars and planets, shaking our spears at lights in the sky.

The OP asks "Why the silence?". To me, aliens have been screaming at us for years. Crop circles, abductions, countless sightings of UFOs. It's just that we don't understand the message.

Try sending that Amazonian tribe an email, see how much they understand.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed
You forgot another answer to the paradox:

What if aliens and alien life are abundant in the universe. Seemingly teeming in every corner.

The problem?

The powers that be do not want this truth exposed to the public

If extraterrestrial civilizations were out there in the galaxy and had essentially colonized it millions or billions of years ago, don't you think there's be overwhelming evidence whether structures or communications all over the galaxy in plain view ? And nothing any gov could do to suppress or hide such evidence.

Consider for a moment that we humans were the 1st to get out there and colonize the entire galaxy whilst other potential civilizations were still nothing more than bacteria on their respective planets. Do you believe that we'd go out of our way to hide our existence as we went our merry way colonizing the galaxy because we wouldn't want these bacteria when they finally in a few billion years developed intelligence to know of our existance ?
I think it'd be more realistic that as we swept through the galaxy, we'd be leaving tangible and obvious signs of our presence EVERY WHERE.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by InterestedUK

All you're saying is the aliens are to stupid to send us a message we understand.

It boils down to they don't want us to know or they do not exist.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Perhaps we are the species that has conquered the galaxy.

In our future, perhaps we invent a form of time travel and are able to go about wiping out the competition before they ever make their first tool.

Even if we were just traveling to a parallel universe that hasn't caught up with us and not through time, other versions of humanity would be doing likewise - meaning that there is a good chance time traveling humans have already sidestepped into our universe and killed/are still killing all the competition, and we will eventually side-step into the one next to us and do likewise for them in their past, and they will do it it for someone else, and so on and so on.

Humans helping humans, they way it ought to be.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   

reply to post by InterestedUK

All you're saying is the aliens are to stupid to send us a message we understand.
That is another way of looking at it. Or maybe they're testing us, to see if we're worthy of their attention.

We're not, of course.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect

"The purpose of this thread was not to dispute or deny the many instances over the years of 'alleged' sightings of what have been 'interpreted' as alien spacecraft but rather to highlight the seemingly incomprehensible fact that there is absolutely ZERO substantiated evidence, whether on Earth, in the solar system or in the galaxy of other extraterrestrial civilizations."

I don't know what you mean exactly by the "absolutely zero substantial evidence". What does it constitue the substantial evidence?

Evidence admissible at the court of law? Evidence admissible with the mathematical proof? Or simply the evidence you only can be convinced?

I believe you've misread "substantiated" as "substantial" ... big difference.

I'm simply making the point that as far as I know, not a single scientist has presented conclusive, corroborated and unambiguous proof that they have detected ANY signs or indications whatsoever that would leave us to conclude that there is intelligent and technological life out there in the galaxy.
After all, isn't that what SETI and similar have been trying to provide for the last 50 or so years ?

I certainly do not include vague, blurry and out of focus photos/videos of 'ufo's' or heresay about 'reported' alien crashes or rumours of govt involvement in coverups as incontrovertible proof or evidence that 'we are not alone'.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus

Originally posted by demonseed
You forgot another answer to the paradox:

What if aliens and alien life are abundant in the universe. Seemingly teeming in every corner.

The problem?

The powers that be do not want this truth exposed to the public

If extraterrestrial civilizations were out there in the galaxy and had essentially colonized it millions or billions of years ago, don't you think there's be overwhelming evidence whether structures or communications all over the galaxy in plain view ? And nothing any gov could do to suppress or hide such evidence.

Consider for a moment that we humans were the 1st to get out there and colonize the entire galaxy whilst other potential civilizations were still nothing more than bacteria on their respective planets. Do you believe that we'd go out of our way to hide our existence as we went our merry way colonizing the galaxy because we wouldn't want these bacteria when they finally in a few billion years developed intelligence to know of our existance ?
I think it'd be more realistic that as we swept through the galaxy, we'd be leaving tangible and obvious signs of our presence EVERY WHERE.

Well, there are alot of photos of the Moon that show some heavy photoshopping brushing tools. Perhaps these beings DID leave traces of their existence.

I mean, you cant say that they would leave giant space stations for us.

Assuming a being travels so fast that it can exceed teh speed of light(most likely a necessity if you want to colonize an entire galaxy). Well, in that case, we would have no idea how to spot this thing. Its going faster than we can even perceive its visible trace. Im sure there is some sign of an object passing us at the speed of light, but as far as WE know we haven't found it yet.

This is of course disregarding the many UFO sightings and reports, even recorded by NASA satellites:

www.youtube.com...

Of course, its just ice crystals reflecting off the swamp gas covering Venus, right?

There is no way to understand and know what the beings would want from us. Maybe they are just as curious as we are?

I think the best way to compare ourselves would be to that of a monkey to a man.

A monkey is very similar. its smart, it looks kinda like us, and it can do alot more than we expected it could do(make tools, understand simple logic problems). Can it drive a car(in our case, a spaceship?) No. However, it poses no threat to us so we leave it at its natural habitat. Some are captured and put in a zoo(alien abductions?), but for the most part they are left alone. Not the greatest analogy, but just to kind of give you an idea of our relationship with an inferior yet intelligent species.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Perhaps we are the species that has conquered the galaxy.

In our future, perhaps we invent a form of time travel and are able to go about wiping out the competition before they ever make their first tool.

Even if we were just traveling to a parallel universe that hasn't caught up with us and not through time, other versions of humanity would be doing likewise - meaning that there is a good chance time traveling humans have already sidestepped into our universe and killed/are still killing all the competition, and we will eventually side-step into the one next to us and do likewise for them in their past, and they will do it it for someone else, and so on and so on.

Humans helping humans, they way it ought to be.

Well we are late-comers to this galaxy. That could be true if we where the first planet to form, but our galaxy is much older than us.

If the case is that there are other human civilizations out there that are conquering the galaxy, then who knows? You might be right.

In that case, its something to think about!

Perhaps we are having a space war in the past to change the future? That would be an interesting sci-fi story! lol.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Please don't depress us with this..it's good for a large portion of the world population to believe in something worthwhile...rather this than the teachings of a jewish magician and invisible God.

I highly believe the stories of todays false religions are based off Aliens seen in the skies.

Also how do we actually know if it is quiet...we haven't heard space or been there the only ones who would know the answers are astronauts and groups that monitor that sort of thing.

I've had my own disclosure with my own close encounters multiple times

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Please don't depress us with this..it's good for a large portion of the world population to believe in something worthwhile...rather this than the teachings of a jewish magician and invisible God.
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Can a magic show happen without a magician? I'm sorry I just have never heard of that happening ever.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by demonseed

Even if we are late-comers, our high level of fascination regarding the concept of time travel may eventually lead to us developing real time travel to go with our inter-stellar flight capabilities.

Think 'self-replicating probes of death' as opposed to the self-replicating probes of exploration/colonization we are familiar with. The probes would go to their targets at an earlier time, kill them off, and then replicate and repeat until there are no more planets with lifeforms meeting the requirements for extermination.

This would ensure our total dominion of the galaxy and makes alot of sense. If we don't develop time travel and kill everything else out there, one of them will eventually kill us - maybe even using time travel.

(That this has not happened to us practically proves how totally badass the future humans are. )

*For all we know, some UFOs could even be sent by future humans 'just in case' some freak accident occurs and an alien race manages to send an extermination probe to earth. Then the future humans can use the UFOs to trace the probe back to the civilization that sent it and send an extermination probe to their homeworld before they've even had the chance to evolve into anything remotely intelligent.

[edit on 12-5-2010 by Exuberant1]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Maybe an advanced alien race can live on a different plain of existence.

They could be all around us and we just cannot see them because we have not evolved to the point where humans can detect them.

This scenario reminds me of a TV show "Earth final conflict". When the aliens die they move to a different plain of existence.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join