It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voyager 2 Signal Distortions - Alien Intervention Speculated

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Hi All,

I was reading through some german news articles today and found one that might be of interest to the ATS community. It regards the Voyager 2 Probe being supposedly intercepted by unknown forces. I will translate the article below for you so that you dont have to fiddle around the the online dictionaries.

Heres info on the spacecraft in question:
en.wikipedia.org...

This is a brief summary of the article, not word for word:

33 Years ago Nasa sent out a spacecraft (voyager 2) containing a gold record (CD) welcoming potential aliens to earth. The disk contained a welcome message in 55 languages, noises of nature (waves, birds) and some clasical music (mozart). The spacecraft travelled to the edge of our solar system sending back signals which take around 13 hours to reach earth. On the 22nd April 2010, these signals became distorted and then ceased all together. Experts at Nasa are tying there best to come up with a fix and still cant figure out why the signals suddenly stopped as it was expected to carry on for a long time yet.

"UFO Expert" Hartwig Hausdorf, says it looks as though somebody has interferred with the device or taken it on board a ship.

Here is the article in german:
www.bild.de...

Personally, I am not too convinced with Herr Hausdorfs theory as he seems to have plucked it out of thin air, however it is quite strange and Im sure you people would take an interest in it. I think its probably just a technical fault although I would love it to be something more.

EDIT: Here is a less sensationalised NASA Report:

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

[edit on 11-5-2010 by Pryde87]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Nice find

You get a Star and flag from me, not for the alien stuff, but because it was nice to be reminded about Vger

What a credit to NASA that craft was and hopefully still is. Hope its a temp glitch

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I hope they're right.]
I hope the Voyager is snug on some Mother Ship and they (the Alienes) are enjoying Mozart...

So, how long now until 'they' get here?
Sometime in December 2012?
Coool!

Boy I hope they liked that Mozart... If not we could be in some big trouble...
Big trouble...

peace

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
That would be fantastic, but i'll definitly wait for some better sources, exciting times we live in, I always wondered what voyager would hit, and it certainly could be an alien ship.

[edit on 11-5-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yea that craft amazes me. On a one way mission into the unknown. Will be a major loss if it dies on us.

If the aliens have got it, we should have taken more precaution and put one of Slipknots CD's on instead. They would never come near us then and leave us in peace.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The simpler explanation is of course, that it simply had a technical problem.

However, it's entertaining to think of the alternatives.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Found this video of Voyager on youtube... it's been through some changes since its launch.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yea I agree. Its quite a jump to shout Aliens at this point, but it would be brilliant if it happened. I dont understand how something in a perfect vacuum can all of a sudden have a technical problem though. Maybe that just shows my lack of knowledge on the subject.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
NASA probably got scared when Hawking mentiond that we shouldnt make contact.

And conviniently, Voyager breaks contact... Spooky.

Hawkings words of influence?

Or has it just been destroyed by an Astroid/Nibru/Alien/GOD?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
All kidding aside I do hope the disc is in the hands of the 'others' and we'll be seeing them soon.
I've had a few dreams of looking up and seeing lights in the sky, messages in the sky - and - it always breaks my heart when I wake up - I want to stay in those dreams.
Next best thing - make it happen.
Bring them on!

peace S & F too!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
A gold CD?
wow Mozart? Sounds of nature?
Well that just explains why we have never come in contact.
It sounds absolutly nothing like our planet

Theyve probably passed us many times already.

They want to send another cd up there with explosions, industry, alarms, screams and cries.Also a DVD showing the state of the planet and the wars and suffering. I think that would be a better welcome?
So heres the next question.
If you were confronted with a hostile planet, what would you do?

[edit on 11-5-2010 by jazz10]

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Very reminiscent of Dr Who the Christmas Invasion, it was kind of playing on the Brittish Mars probe that failed on boxing day a few years ago, i #ing Love Dr who:-)

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Heres a better idea to make all aware that we exist here on earth. Put a massive light of some sort into space which pulses? Yeah crazy but heres the logic.
Our Ancestors and throughout our history they were all more aware of the "stars". they WILL notice one that pops up out of nowhere. wont they?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I just read that here in the "Bild" a few minutes ago and wanted to post it, but again I was beaten to it hehe.

In the article it was mentioned that the signal has been modified in some way, I think that is something to look into.

It definately would be amazing to see a disclosure / alien contact, but somehow I feel like charlie brown with the football. Everytime I think that this maybe it, maybe this time I will actually hit the ball. But no.

Anyway, I keep my fingers crossed. When they arrive we all will have a huge party together.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Imagine the multitude of law suits across the galaxy from the RIAA when that gold cd gets distributed!!!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
33 years is a long time for a computer to be in space me thinks.

sometimes # just breaks down.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This topic was mentioned elsewhere on the space exploration forums a few days ago.

I'd put it down to 30+ years of gliding through space - can make anything eccentric if long enough is given.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Nothing to see here folks, it was hit by a micrometeor, thus
rendered incapable of comunications..

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Miccey

Where did you get that information from? The Nasa site still says they dont know the cause. Do you have a source for that statement?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
ok every one calm down it lasted 33 years that is amazing in of its self.
ok so heres the inside scope voyager had a two system radio transmitter in it.
the main system was designed to cut to the secondary back up if it didn't receive a singial from earth once every half hour.
sometime oo around Saturn or Jupiter someone at NASA was asleep at the controls and the 30 mint singial didn't get sent so the radio switched to back up.
now the back was was a low power system and was never designed to run all the time and at this point it takes the 3 big radio scopes in Mexico portrico and the us to even pick up that week singial. ( ps could be wrong about what country's they are in one mite be Spain .
anyway it was a long run and maybe in a few 1000000 years wile traveling through a system it will be picked up by someone who knows its possible.
sorry but it would take me days to find this info on the net other wise id post a link

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join