It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mulism get one for themselves in the uk!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aceofclubs

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged
reply to post by invetro

Sorry, but businesses care about MAKING MONEY. That's all they care about. When's the last time you saw a major corporation make a decision based on "morals". They don't even know what the word means.
well thay just lost 6 good customers in my family tortureing animals is wrong, yes thats what halal is you slash the throat and bleed em out. sick

BOYCOT KFC and DOMINOS if you think thats a barbaric way to die

Compared to animals being pumped full of chemicals to increase their growth, being in crowded areas in which they are barely capable of moving around, being fed crappy food, and generally being treated like crap, it isn't much of a difference in my eyes.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aceofclubs

Better yet, learn how to make your own chicken batter and pizzas. I've taken this approach myself recently. Things taste radically different without all of the chemicals and preservatives added.

Like you, I cannot condone the slaughter methods of Halal. I try to the best of my consumer abilities to source meat that has been slaughtered humanely, which probably isn't a completely succesful endeavour, but I do my best, only slipping up when I do eat at fast food places.

I also don't need my food blessed, but that's just me.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
reply to post by Ulala

That's not racism, it's capitalism, they're tailoring the menu to what the locals want, more sales, bigger profit, more restaurants ...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A diner was left fuming after a KFC restaurant took his favourite meal off the menu because it breached their new halal regulations.

Alan Phillips was told he would have to travel five miles to another branch if he wanted the Big Daddy, a chicken burger, topped with bacon, cheese and salad.

'It is getting silly,' he said. 'I have many friends who are black, white and Muslim but they wouldn't be forced to eat non-halal meat.

Seems that the locals do want the bacon burger option, but cannot, and the only reason given is that muslims are offended by bacon.

Feel free to quote from the article that mentions the change was made because Muslims were offended.

And while you try to do this and fail, I'll quote from the article where it mentions why they are making the change:

It said it was responding to 'increased demand' for a halal menu in the areas of Britain with growing Muslim populations.

HMMM, demand. A business is catering to a demand by making a supply...

Jeez, that sounds like free market capitalism!

Why do you hate the free market?

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SpectreDC

HMMM, demand. A business is catering to a demand by making a supply...

Earlier I did say the solution was to boycott the company in order to send them a signal that they've lost more non-muslim customers than muslim customers gained.

Perhaps they didn't think properly about the bad publicity this would cause. After all, muslims aren't the majority anywhere in the UK.

Jeez, that sounds like free market capitalism!

And bowing down to silly religious demands from a minority.

Why do you hate the free market?

The only qualities I've shown are free speech, and having the right to criticise, dislike or boycott a restaurant.

People have the right to believe in whatever they want. If they happen to believe in something that is demonstrably wrong, well then, they should be prepared to suffer the slings and arrows of reality.

I wish people would stop feeding the ignorance that religions always have to express everywhere they go.

Sometimes there are more important things than profit, and because people don't realise that, the world has become so #ed up! And in this case (like many others), they aren't going to max profits by alienating the majority of their consumers.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
While I agree that demanding a halal meal is just sad. Most likely the people 'demanding it' were just asking "excuse me but is this chicken halal chicken?"

As for offering it, Didn't the article say that the chickens were not done this way? and that they were only removing the pork so as to cater to the halal requirements?

they don't even mention that they are blessing the chicken in the proper manner. However they are calling it halal meal. Well I hate to say this but chances are the big truck carrying the chicken to those outlets have a couple of other stores they deliver to. Oh and perhaps that bacon might be sitting next to the chicken. that is until it reaches the store and then suddenly the chicken becomes halal. Well I hope that the Muslims realize this before they are condemned to a tormented afterlife due to eating products that have been near pork.

Just my thoughts on the article.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by anubis9311

Well I hope that the Muslims realize this before they are condemned to a tormented afterlife due to eating products that have been near pork.

Be interesting to know how far away the pork has to be from their own food. How many shelves away from the bacon do they need to shop to please allah and his 7 wives.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by john124]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join