It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mulism get one for themselves in the uk!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Mulism get one for themselves in the uk!

www.kfc.co.uk

At KFC we listen to our customers to help us to evolve our menu and the choices we offer. For some time, we have received requests to provide halal food in parts of the UK and as a result of this, we are running a halal trial within communities where we anticipate a strong demand for halal products.

A diner was left fuming after a KFC restaurant took his favourite meal off the menu because it breached their new halal regulations.

The company has taken the burger off the menu because Islamic dietary law forbids Muslims to eat anything which has been prepared on the same premises as pork
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dailymail.co.uk
www.kfc.co.uk

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Alan Phillips was told he would have to travel five miles to another branch if he wanted the Big Daddy, a chicken burger, topped with bacon, cheese and salad.
Traditionally, halal meat must be slaughtered by hand, although KFC, which has more than 750 restaurants in the UK, said its chickens are not killed in this way.

The meat must also be blessed in the name of Allah and cannot be kept on the same premises as banned substances including pork and alcohol,

i am glad my hasnt changed if it did i wouldnt go there how racist has kfc became

www.kfc.co.uk

[edit on 9-5-2010 by mike-harris]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by mike-harris

Evolving a business to patronize a legitimate market is being racist?

Mmmmkay.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by FalselyFlagged]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Argh! THIS is what annoys me about the UK today. So quick to give in to religious demands, without taking into account what everyone else thinks. Talk about foisting your belief system on people.

A slightly controversial point here, but every time Islam scores like this, I feel it just creeps us an inch closer to Sharia law in some counties of the UK.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by invetro

Do you think this is about "religious demands" or about catering to a huge untapped market?

Sorry, but businesses care about MAKING MONEY. That's all they care about. When's the last time you saw a major corporation make a decision based on "morals". They don't even know what the word means.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm more astounded KFC describes its outlets as restaurants than I am about the story itself. Restaurants ? I thought restaurants provided good food ?

And so what, some poor soul has to drive 5 miles to buy a pork burger, big deal. That's not racism, it's capitalism, they're tailoring the menu to what the locals want, more sales, bigger profit, more restaurants ...

Oh scrub that. It's racism

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FalselyFlagged

True, it is a corporate giant, but for me the religious aspect is a big point here. I don't see any Kosher KFC's popping up in the West.

We'll see how this trial goes, but if they've banned the bacon at 86 stores then they've removed a choice for a great many people who now have to consume a religiously condoned food source even if they aren't Muslim. I'm sure most of those people will be eating elsewhere.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
[sarcasm]

I can definitely connect with the OP.

The other day I went into my neighborhood natural food store looking for some Twinkies, and they said they didn't sell them. WTF! How dare they! They didn't sell Ding Dongs either. How dare they decide what they will sell! What's this world coming to!

[/sarcasm]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Old news, we already have a thread in the past about this subject.

We live in a multicultral society, there are plenty of kfc's out there, why not provide for everyone? It's about making money.

Go somewhere like tooting in london with a lot of muslims, it would be illogical not to sell halal food there. It's all about business, nothing more.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by invetro

I'm sure most of those people will be eating elsewhere.

Well then that's up for KFC to weigh the benefits and losses. That's why they are having this trial. They only care about money.

Why are you so involved in their business?? Its their business, not yours, literally, and it's not a democracy. You must be a busybody.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
So, the people who typically are angry at Muslims (because if this was any other religious denomination there wouldn't be a problem for these people), who are typically for the free market....are angry at this decision of which is clearly only a business move, "what the free market demands"?

Man, ATS is ripe with hypocrisy.

Seriously, the absurdity of such a hypocritical opinion is nearly as absurd as a disgusting fast food restaurant catering to a specific religious food diet.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by SpectreDC]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike-harris

Alan Phillips was told he would have to travel five miles to another branch if he wanted the Big Daddy, a chicken burger, topped with bacon, cheese and salad.
Traditionally, halal meat must be slaughtered by hand, although KFC, which has more than 750 restaurants in the UK, said its chickens are not killed in this way.

The meat must also be blessed in the name of Allah and cannot be kept on the same premises as banned substances including pork and alcohol,

i am glad my hasnt changed if it did i wouldnt go there how racist has kfc became

www.kfc.co.uk

[edit on 9-5-2010 by mike-harris]

Let's see here. They don't eat pork? But they will have a Big Daddy
with bacon? hmmmmm.......

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer

I'm guessing reading comprehension isn't your strongest skill.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
The solution is to boycott purchasing anything from this restaurant and buy some bacon & a fresh loaf of bread from an English ran supermarket or shop, and make yourself a nice bacon sandwich, and wonder why the hell you ever wasted your money on overpriced burgers full of additives, preservatives & other crap.

Halal meat is butchered without a stun to the head, so KFC are condoning unethical slaughter. But I don't expect a religion that condones the constant threat of death to Jews and non-believers to be bothered about the welfare of animals, except pigs of course, but then again they are all a bunch of hypocrites.

link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Wow, it took you exactly one minute to pounce on that, huh? You might
be surprised what I can comprehend fool.

link   

I must be a busybody? Do you know me? By that logic everyone on this site is a busybody. Please don't be rude, I am only here to learn.

I actually AGREE with you on the business motives. I only commented because when religion gets involved with the food I eat (yes, I'm guilty of eating at places like KFC on occasion) it leaves me with a bad vibe. I think religion is obsolete for the most part (purely a personal opinion), but crosses the line entirely when it mixes with big business.

It really doesn't matter, because if this trial fails it will be back to the bacon. They'll probably keep it on in the more Islamic parts of the UK, just as long as they are offering choice to non-Muslim customers in "non-Halal" outlets.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FalselyFlagged
reply to post by invetro

Sorry, but businesses care about MAKING MONEY. That's all they care about. When's the last time you saw a major corporation make a decision based on "morals". They don't even know what the word means.
well thay just lost 6 good customers in my family tortureing animals is wrong, yes thats what halal is you slash the throat and bleed em out. sick

BOYCOT KFC and DOMINOS if you think thats a barbaric way to die

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Wow, it took you exactly one minute to pounce on that, huh? You might
be surprised what I can comprehend fool.

Calling someone a fool when you were completely incapable of discerning that the individual trying to make the purchase wasn't a Muslim is rather....

Whats the word...

You just used it....

Oh yeah, foolish.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by invetro

Then don't patronize the establishment anymore, and let them know why. Or kwitcherbichen.

Simple as that.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Ulala

That's not racism, it's capitalism, they're tailoring the menu to what the locals want, more sales, bigger profit, more restaurants ...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A diner was left fuming after a KFC restaurant took his favourite meal off the menu because it breached their new halal regulations.

'It is getting silly,' he said. 'I have many friends who are black, white and Muslim but they wouldn't be forced to eat non-halal meat.

Seems that the locals do want the bacon burger option, but cannot, and the only reason given is that muslims are offended by bacon. It's capatalism with added madness and ignorance led by religious & political correctness.

[edit on 9-5-2010 by john124]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join