It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GULF WAR TO START AROUND 18TH MARCH

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Our Prime Minister has stated that the Australian SAS are in position and ready to go when the command is given.
This means that the Coalition of the willing are ready to go after the final decision of the UN is given, which happens to be Friday week.
No more reprieves for Saddam this time.
Looks like Australia, The U.S.A. and Britain are the only countries that are willing to sacrifice stability in their own countries to achieve stability for the rest of the world.
This action in history relates to a child being smacked in public or disciplined. Some people oppose though the majority a for.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
yep. thats the date when inside reports state that troops will go in. however... same report states that 4 days before the bombs will drop. dont know if its true... and i dont know where this report is originating from but i heard it on fox news.

anyways.. God bless Britian and Australia for standing up for truth and standing strong with the U.S.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't think that they'll wait long and hope they don't but thats just my opinion. I saw on the news the major airport in Iraq is full of reporters and journalists on their way out, that's usually a good sign that something is coming real soon. The US has deployed 250,000 troops alone, not including the UK and Australia. I say the sooner the better, the last thing Suddam needs is more time to prepare and create more weapons and chemicals.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 08:21 PM
link   
how many british and australian troops are there or are headed there or anyone else for that matter? anyone know?

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I am not trying to down play the severity of the situation in the Middle East, but here is an article that sounds just like Dubya's "scripted" address tonight:

Published on Tuesday, November 12, 2002 by the lndependent/UK

US Warns War on Iraq May Start Before Christmas
by Andrew Buncombe in Washington

President Bush issued a tough new warning to Saddam Hussein yesterday as administration officials said that a war could begin before the end of the year.

In a series of Veterans' Day memorial services, Mr Bush said he was ready to take his country to war. Unless President Saddam Hussein fully disarmed, "America will lead a coalition to fully disarm him.

"I have no greater responsibility than protecting the American people. Should military action become necessary for our own security, I will commit the full force and might of the United States' military, and we will prevail," he said.

Colin Powell, the American Secretary of State, told CNN: "We're not going to wait until February to see whether Iraq is co-operating or not.''

The Iraqi leader began the process of deciding a formal response to the United Nations Security Council resolution, which calls on his government to provide free and unfettered access to weapons inspectors or else face "serious consequences". Iraq has until Friday to respond. If President Saddam rejects the resolution, Mr Bush is determined to act alone if necessary to punish him with massive military strikes.

Iraq's parliament gathered in a bellicose mood yesterday and dismissed the resolution as a document "packed with lies". To applause from the 250 deputies, the head of the assembly's foreign relations committee urged parliament to reject the UN resolution. The parliament's recommendation � which is to be endorsed by the Revolutionary Command Council chaired by President Saddam � is not expected until later today at the earliest.

Mr Bush said at a ceremony at Arlington Cemetery: "This great nation will not live at the mercy of any foreign plot or power. We will not permit a dictator who's used weapons of mass destruction to threaten America with chemical, biological or nuclear weapons." According to leaks in the American press at the weekend, Mr Bush has approved a battle plan involving a 250,000-strong force if Iraq fails to comply.

After Friday's deadline to accept the UN's terms and promise to comply, Iraq has until 8 December to give weapons inspectors a declaration of all its chemical, biological and nuclear programs.

[Edited on 7-3-2003 by DangerProne]

[Edited on 7-3-2003 by DangerProne]

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 08:44 PM
link   
i heard the build up was approaching 300,000

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Australia has deployed
6-8 F-18
2-3 C-130
707 Air Refeuling Tankers
200 SAS Elite Troops(Some of the toughest Mother F&*#ers you'll ever find)
1 or 2 Supply Ships
1 or 2 Destoyers and Criusers.

It doesn't sound like much though for a populaton of 19 Million people it's right on the border of what we can safely deploy with out compamising Internal Security.

[Edited on 7-3-2003 by barba007]

[Edited on 7-3-2003 by barba007]

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Everything helps barba, I'm glad Australia is supporting the US and UK.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
We are a people divided by only accent and The Pacific Ocean.
We see our selves as the luck countries, we love peace and that's why people try to enter our countries illigally.
But we also believe that in order to achive peace, war is sometimes the only language people understand.
The only difference between The U.S. and Australia is that in order to establish your country, you guys had a war. We didn't and that's why it is harder for us to go to war.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
the deadline for iraq to disarm or die is ten days from today, march 17th. this likely means that that is when the war will begin or will start a few days after. we all know it has to start some time, and now the time has come.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by barba007
Looks like Australia, The U.S.A. and Britain are the only countries that are willing to sacrifice stability in their own countries to achieve stability for the rest of the world.

Looks like Australia, The U.S.A. and Britain are the only countries populated with sleeping zombies instead of human beings.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Speak for yourself Tyler!

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Everything helps barba, I'm glad Australia is supporting the US and UK.

I totally agree. It is nice to see Australia helping US and GB. I would like to see that my country Slovenia would give more support to US.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by barba007 The only difference between The U.S. and Australia is that in order to establish your country, you guys had a war. We didn't...

Yeah, that's right, you guys started out as a British penal colony, right?

Only joking...No offense intended. After all, America today was originally started out as a British colony to which religious & political dissidents fled *before* we fought for our freedom...
Heh! The strongest world power on Earth today started as a bunch of "disagreeables"...Kind of ironic, huh?

In truth, I'm glad to see the Brits & Aussies willing to help us out...After all, we *do* have the same origins...
Welcome aboard!

[Edited on 7-3-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Thanks guys.
No matter what you hear on the News I speak for most Australians that we support the war effort to disarm Iraq.
We're not scared of anything when the final result will be Peace.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
it will be interesting to see france and germany's stance once the air strike begin.

personally, i think the U.N. is finished.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I think you are right.
Something big is going to happen in world plotics.
The Abolishment of the U.N.?
I personally think that NATO is much more reliable when it comes to making tough decisions.
Maybe extend or restucture NATO membership?

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
The American people are never satisfied until a war comes along to put an end to their hunger.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Oh good lord, nobody in America has hunger for war, that's ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Never mind '67, he thinks we Americans are all devils.

Australia has always sided with freedom and stood against dictators and despots. They may not field the largest units, but they aren't cowards or sissies, that's for sure.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join