It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can they "see"?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:33 PM
link   
My cat often just stairs into the corner of a room in almost a trance just watching *something*, well I heard (somewhere...can't really remember) that animals can see spirits?? Anyone have more info on this subject?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
sure-animals are very "aware", and psychic. Once during a daytime seance at my house, a dark shadow moved across the living room, and my Parrot looked over at it and said "Whatcha Doin"?" in the same, conversational voice he uses with us.

True story.....

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I think cats and dogs and birds especialy have some sort of connection to the ethereal. I think cats are watchers, birds are messengers and dogs are protecters. Gerbils I am not so sure about.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Gerbils, I believe, are explorers......

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Animals are smarter than humans make them out to be.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Here's my doggie Pooper being smart.

Click here to see my smart doggie

[edit on 7-6-2004 by nutzobalzo]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I wonder if animals see in different wavelengths of light. I know of my dad's cat chases a laser pointer, so maybe they are watching some trick of light...

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Well it depends on what animals you are talking about. Reptiles seen in different spectrums.

Also most canines have 2 holes in the roof of their mouth, which thus far have been some what of mystery. They have been theorized as being the animal's "sixth sense".

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Here's my doggie 'Pooper' being smart.

OMG!!!!! I have a Doxie TOO!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ladyspiritguide

OMG!!!!! I have a Doxie TOO!!!!!!

Heehee, I love that pic, she looks derainged. She was rolling in the grass and having a good old time. I Have 2 weenies one long-hair and one short hair.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Heehee, I love that pic, she looks derainged. She was rolling in the grass and having a good old time. I Have 2 weenies one long-hair and one short hair.

I have a mini-male, who is 8 months old. He is a short-haired guy.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jamuhn
I wonder if animals see in different wavelengths of light. I know of my dad's cat chases a laser pointer, so maybe they are watching some trick of light...

Animals do see different wavelengths. Dogs see in black and white but they can see ultraviolet light. Turtles can actually see in infrared and ultraviolet, meaning they can see lots more stuff than a human ever could.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
so when my cat once went to the corner of the room and started meowing at the wall he hadn't lost it?

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:29 AM
link   
ladyspiritguide - WOW! Your parrot sounds like a hoot! I have been talking with folks who have African Greys. They say the birds are very sensitive. One day they were watching TV - NASCAR - and a driver hit the wall. The bird was apparently watching too and he said 'oh-no, hit the wall'. and then 'big boo-boo'. Stuff like that.

I never thought of birds as being psychic like cats and dogs before. The more I talk to 'bird people' the more I am learning that birds are indeed able to see more than we do AND even better - some birds can TALK about it!

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well remember, Animals in many cases have senses much more acute than ours. This is especially true in dogs. I believe that animals can react to unseen phenomiae, but they can also react to things like high frequency sound waves and other sensory input. I can tell when a TV is on in a house due to the fact that I hear a high pitch bearly audible noise that eminates from the set....even when the sound is down. now I'm no Superman with acute hearing, but if I hear something odd I tend to stare in the direction of it to figure out what the heck I am hearing. So.... yes I believe they can see stuff, but don't discount other more mundane explainations

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Gotta add my own to this. My mother has several turn of the century photos of relatives. Her cat is overly preoccupied with one that shows my great, great-grandmothers picture. The cat watches it all the way down the hall, never taking her eyes off this woman. She will hiss at it on occassion or come tearing out of the hall like the devil was on her heels.

Don't know what the cat sees, but she has a definite opinion of this woman.

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by nutzobalzo

Pooper Looks like he is Crazy! I can only imagine why you call him pooper

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leigon

Originally posted by nutzobalzo

Pooper Looks like he is Crazy! I can only imagine why you call him pooper

Heehee, she is crazy. Her full alias is Pooper Babs Peebody.
Pooper is cuz she likes to poop. Babs is cuz she looks like Barbra Streisand when you put her in a turtleneck. And Peebody cuz when she gets excited she pees all over everybody.

Nutzo

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I've heard that animals can predict earthquakes before we know they are here. Most animals senses are quite a bit more advanced then humans so who knows what they are able to see, hear, smell, etc.

[edit on 7-6-2004 by I See You]

posted on Jun, 7 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gislebertus
Well remember, Animals in many cases have senses much more acute than ours. This is especially true in dogs. I believe that animals can react to unseen phenomiae, but they can also react to things like high frequency sound waves and other sensory input. I can tell when a TV is on in a house due to the fact that I hear a high pitch bearly audible noise that eminates from the set....even when the sound is down. now I'm no Superman with acute hearing, but if I hear something odd I tend to stare in the direction of it to figure out what the heck I am hearing. So.... yes I believe they can see stuff, but don't discount other more mundane explainations

Wow that happens to you too? When the TV is usually on, even muted, I can feel the waves. Sometimes I get that feeling when Im alone, and I get freaked out because it doesn't come from the TV

top topics

<<   2 >>

join