It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megalithic stones and stone use all over the ancient world, why ?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

As a person I have never read the bible all the way but your correct in alot of ways. And that is the bible may be telling the whole story but as with all interpretations it can be exaggerated and in some ways a melding of other stories from other cultures like the Sumerians and the babylonians etc.. The flood we know that in the bible which was taken from the Babylonians and who took it from the Sumerians (and it was legend back then) happened all over the planet and in almost all cultures (look up the flood myth in wiki). Scientist don't talk to much about this and if they do they always talk about the water rising during the end of the ice age. Which makes sense, I believe that since the research I did on the sea levels say that the oceans at the height of the ice age where 350 to 400 meters lower than today. And they always reference it to the bible. You can say that it was partly because it's of ethnocentric beliefs but I think because they don't want to look at other cultures flood myth because if they do they would see many of the cultures putting this happening further back in time than what we in the West put it happening (more than 10,000 years ago). If your faking research, you never put data or look at data that will discredit your research.

I've said that they had to use sonic or magnetic levitation to move the rocks, but since where talking about giants and I've talked about it before then here's something to ponder. If your 10 or 14 or 20 foot tall humanoid being, you would build bigger and use bigger stones. One because you would be able to handle it better and two, why use little brick and small stones which is time consuming and use large stones and slabs to cover a bigger area and lasting support. Simple example, you wouldn't use leggos to build your house. You use hand size bricks or larger and also 2 by 4's and siding, in essence use bigger material that you can handle and make the job quicker to get done. Then in construction they pour or place a large cement slab to support the house and you and others on. The bigger you are the more you weigh and also the more you may damage your environment if you don't have material that will last. Across the planet they talk about giants, the incas or the amari indians that "built" Puma Punku talked about Walking Trees (I thought those good be machines but their still giants). Then there is the Stone jars in asia where the natives said that giants used those to drink water and such and on and on and on and on.

Giants Giants in every legend (Jack and the beanstalk), people in our and other cultures look up to someone who is tall or large, people fear large and tall people etc. etc.. What is this fascination consciously and unconsciously of very very large beings? It's possibly two things, one this planet was ruled by large humanoid beings that ruled over smaller humanoids like us and essentially they where a different species from us (Look up giants and them having 6 digits on each hand and foot and two row of teeth top and bottom of the mouth). Or two, they came here as another species and ruled and then eventually some of them mated with human females and had offspring with them. It's entirely possible to have had a humanoid really large in our family, just look at the Giganthipythasus who is supposed to be the "grandfather" to bigfoot. That thing was at least 8 foot tall as a walking ape man, and it would do him good because how in gods name did us homo sapiens manage to survive in a world where it was the Megafauna. Everything was extremely large and hungry (they would have to bee to feed the machine). The bigger you are as a land animal you would be able to sustain better in fights and also give out as much as you take from a fight if you are cornered. Maybe they became friends or partners with people like us, then protector then ruler.

And that might explain why they ignore anything about giants, decadence from the Giants and their rule. Have any on you ever seen MSM or on cable have any shows about the possibility of giants? I haven't, and it's almost as if they want to keep any knowledge of these beings hidden or disappeared. It's as if they are afraid of "awakening" the beings again if they know about how we may or may not have been ruled by a decadent race of giant humanoids who did whatever they wanted. As a society would you also keep hidden a history that may show that humans like us today where essentially 2nd class citizens to beings who where giants. And then when the cataclysm happened people came out and the ones that lived with the giant humanoids and knew about them looked around and saw what they built gone or in ruins and what was left of giants very very few in numbers, and they or we had a chance to overthrow them once and for all. We forget about them and we try to not associate anything that was left of their world as being theirs but ours. We disappeared out history because we are ashamed and afraid of it, afraid that the giants may come back to do what they did to us for thousands and thousands of years.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Even their existance is ignored. However, their gigantic architectures and earth workings still remind us that we alive today are only the "little people".

Agreed, we need an event to take place to humble the hu-man race to show us all that we are not the be all and end all of the entire universe and indeed we are nothing but a civilisation created by many so called gods. Overnight our position in the universe would be recognised as insignificant and all the crap manufactured by pockets of elites on this planet would be shown to the people.

Bring it on.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

Excellent work...

ps. i would also like to recommend the new ancient aliens series on the history channel to everyone, especially the Evidence portion of the series which does talk about this subject.

....and, way ahead of ya!

S&F - really good job!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
from the lecture/book ' hidden mysteries' by osho:
the dome represents the sky and chanting some exact sounds could make the mind become relaxed and more happy sort of. they used to be everywhere most probably because of same spiritual height and understanding of various culturesnot merely because of forced religious buildings and reference structure is the one at malta.
here is the book
www.balbro.com...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The Dome of the Rock is NOT Solomon's Temple. Stop thinking that it is. Get your facts straight.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
oh very interesting especially the easter island rocks they always seem to facsinate me i always believed they were symbols of an advanced alien race wiped away

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
wonderful thread Loki. I have been studying these very same structures for years. We have been lied to for years. The evidence is right before our eyes. It is too bad that some people can not see it. Thank you for presenting this thoughtful and insightful information. Like I always say "I may not know all the answers, but I know when I am being lied to". Thanks for showing alittle of the truth.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
For Pre-historic man, the most permanent of all shelters was the good ol' cave.
Humans migrate, in search of food, water etc. But they cant carry the caves with them, so they built the next thing close to the caves..Dolmens, simple rock shelters.

That is the beginning of Rock based architecture.

Why did they build in rock?
beacuse that was the most available and suitable resource, that sort of matched their caves.

A global society of rock smiths? in my opinion, that human migration thbroughout the world took the stone building techniques along with them.

The OP has classified Paleolithic and Neolithic structrures together. That is the not the case to be. They are so diffierenjt and set apart by ages.

A simple dolmen and a Giugantic obelisk on the same level? No. The techniques of rock smithy gradeually developed down the ages.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Fascinating collection of interesting megaliths and dolmens, S&F for the work you put into this.

Kandinsky and coredrill, I've appreciated your posts in several threads on the A&LC forum--literal down-to-earth explanations that make quite a bit of sense.

We should never underestimate the power and scope of human ingenuity, whether we're talking about the insights of Nikola Tesla or architectural wonders of the Mughal empire.

My point is, humans are clever creatures made move clever by half with available technology. Just because the technology is "basic" by our current standards does not necessarily mean the feats the ancients accomplished were due to ET intervention or some antediluvian civilization's lost tech (though I admit the prospect of proof of the the latter would be wonderful to find).

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I am sure some of you are familiar with the Roleplaying game and setting Shadowrun?

To sum up, the premise is that Magic exists but comes in waves, with tides and highwater. This age, the fourth age according to the aztecs (and the game), is one of low magic.

If you work with this hypothetical premise, towards the end of a high magic phase, magic will decrease in power or saturation (mana saturation, if you will), and increase again when moving from a low to a high.

I played with this premise over the years and here are some thoughts.

Most megalithic buildings are claimed to lie on lay lines, said to be like veins of power within the earth. Many also started out pretty basic or small, and increased in size and complexity, something attributed to increasing societal complexity.

An alternative explanation then would be, that as mana got less saturated, amplifiers were required, to focus energy. As it got less and less, greatly more elaborate amplifiers were required, ending in the climax of the last Stone Henge stage, the Cheops pyramid and similar works.

Add to this that often later examples of similar works were less complex and crude sometimes in comparison, or sites were entirely deliberatey burned or buried. This would be explained by not sufficient mana being available to allow for any further manipulation, as well as without functioning magic, the skills would be forgot and the intent misinterpreted.

Most cultures have stories and myths of functioning magic and there are also many sites and artefacts that were built with methods currently unknown.

There may also be pockets of mana around, even in low tide eras, allowing explanation of other unexplained phenomena

[edit on 20-6-2010 by ReluctantShaman]

posted on Oct, 8 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
A number of posts mentioned Giants. Here's a link that may shock those who think there is no evidence for giants.

www.stevequayle.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

A human skeleton 80 feet tall? lol With a head the size of your living room? Google 'photoshop'. I'm not saying this is outright impossible...but it gets a little easier to see why men are evil. A guy like that would even have pelosi quivering in a corner.

Here's an aside, in case this will help you: God transcends gender. God is NOT a female, as you say.

posted on Feb, 22 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I am convinced there once was a civilisation that spanned the whole globe. There is to much evidence for it to ignore this fact. Looking at the megalithic structures I sometimes think, the people who erected them knew of the changes that human civilisations undergo with the passing of time and they knew there would be a total different civilisation somewhere in the future. So they wanted to leave a sign of their existence behind, the megalithic structures, like saying: "We where here, and look what we could do".

posted on Jan, 3 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

www.youtube.com...
There are 2 other even larger megaliths within a mile of this beauty

www.youtube.com...

vimeo.com...

edit on 3-1-2013 by SpectateSwamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by bypassandy
oh very interesting especially the easter island rocks they always seem to facsinate me i always believed they were symbols of an advanced alien race wiped away

What I find odd is that many statues there are burried deep in the ground which means they are probaly much older then being told, surely there must be a close connection with for example the Olmec heads, also burried deep in the ground (by time!).

edit on 4-1-2013 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join