It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world has thoroughly gone insane.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Gorman 91:

This is just a test, BEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPP.....

(Fade to black)

I think all is well and that it is a test for us to collectively take care of ourselves. Oh, and if we don't. we fade to black.
We have the opportunity to watch a sunrise, breathe in fresh air, share a laugh with friends, enjoy a walk, watch the sunset and stare at the moon...

These are things we can enjoy. As a few members have said in their own terms- life's to short to become wrapped around the axle...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Just so I don't sound holier than thou, these are things that I have learned as part of my life experience. I do not speak from a perch where my feet have never touched the ground. We are all on our own journey and each with our own experiences. Some things can be shared while others cannot. Like Led Zep said, I could ramble on, so we all need to practice love, patience and understanding. I have been to a countless numbers of therapies in my search to heal myself and the things I say I are meant to help and not harm. If it is perceived that way then it is part of my learning experience and something that I may need to work on. An artist never thinks his work finished.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by TheRoadLessTraveled]

edit for wok not being finished....if someone prefers to live an unexamined life then that is their freedom and I support it. However, I believe that many unexamined lives are beginning to examine themselves and not like what they are seeing. Therefore, we see the level of unhappiness currently being displayed.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by TheRoadLessTraveled]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I agree the world is insane, but focus on keeping your sanity. If we can each remain sane then the world might start to be a more stabler place (despite whatever climate things happen).

[edit on 8-5-2010 by helster83]

[edit on 8-5-2010 by helster83]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW
reply to post by Gorman91

The world has gone insane. And people are talking about the insanity. While others (you) are pointing out that people are talking about the insanity. So you ALSO are TALKING ABOUT THE INSANITY. SO we are all on the same page that INSANITY is happening all around us.

Problem is, nothing is being DONE about the insanity. It still persists. There are little victories against it...not enough.

Being positive has replaced virtue. One can be externally positive, polite, while internally completely delusional oor psycho pathetic and that is adored and honored. Especially when it is associated with culture and wealth.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by DChenO]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DChenO

Excellent point. Sanity(judged by the difference between yourself and the world around) is much easier said than done. You have to walk the talk and practice what you preach. Unfortunately many of the 'idols' in todays world, as well as many of the people in it, do not embody their words with actions.

The moral and ethical compass has turned from North to South and even people who stand up for what is moral and ethical question themselves because they have a difficult time relating with the world around them. For example...why should I care nobody else does!

It is very easy to lose yourself in today's world and I feel for the next generations of children because it will be even easier. Fewer and fewer people are really careing and that leads to pressure of fitting in with the people around you who at least say that they don't care anymore.

People have told me on many occassions to not care so much or to not care at all. I couldn't comprehend it and although I got lost I stuck to my guns. Many others feel the same, but how many will stand up for what they believe and how many will roll over to fit in or give up their beliefs to make someone else happy(which it won't, but another thread altogether).

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well this thread took off since I last was on.

Let me basically say this. I fully immersed myself in the global insanity back in January. I say the world was going inane back then too. But It was regulated doses of insanity. Obama did something, Iran did something, MSNBC lied about something. Little drops. Then I turned off the sink. Now that I returned, I find the pressure to be tenfold more, and there is a waterfall of insanity falling into my face. I did nothing different. I just turned off the hose, and turned it back on. The rate has increased. The internet and technology existed back then and now. It HAS gotten worst.

Somebody mentioned something about Iran. Basically I fall in the middle. I feel that the Iran's government is Fascistic and evil and nothing right about it. That however does not mean that NBC is not lying. They are most certainly amplifying this evil. The truth is that Iran's government is Hitler's minus the resources to do anything. So while the ideology is the same, the ability to do anything is not. And Iran's people > government.

Somebody also said something about nothing changing, just more info. Maybe, maybe not. But as another said, now that we KNOW this much bad exists, why not fix it?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a few months away ey...? ya sure it wasnt like a decade?

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
well... I tried to say something constructive...

But that cylon is just too hot... shes the best part of this thread!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Myendica

Feels like it. I mean last I checked the world was pretty chill. I dedicate myself to work for a few months, come back, and this world suddenly looks more like hell then the one I came out of.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
"Being positive has replaced virtue. One can be externally positive, polite, while internally completely delusional oor psycho pathetic and that is adored and honored. Especially when it is associated with culture and wealth."

true dat. i couldn't agree more with your statements. these days EVERYBODY sees optimism/manners as more important on the external than internal. nobody really cares anymore about good character, just outward displays of wealth. if you smile at people and dress nicely, people respect you. it doesnt matter if you stab ppl in the back after. that's what this society has become, SAD.

~~~ interlude

What's with all "face" comments? LOL Someone said there is so much going on it's enough to make his face explode. And then another person said that when he returned from taking a break on ATS, lots of insanity was falling on his face. LOL

[edit on 9/5/10 by wolfwood290]

[edit on 9/5/10 by wolfwood290]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   
well prophecy states before the deluge-of-sorts that nation will go against nation. The world has gone insane that is for sure. I see it on the news and on here on ATS.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Jeez. I was just watching The Prince of Egypt. Talk about relevant.

I kind of feel like making a modern day version of this. Like seriously, you could just fill in the blanks.

Sigh. I'm breaking my own rule. Complaining about the problems. Can we all agree to do something positive today?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join