It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world has thoroughly gone insane.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I don't know what to say. I've been locked away in an institution of architecture for the past few months, but I decided to rest my dedication to work to see how the world has been going since I last payed any attention to is (meh, January-ish). Well, I can't believe what's happening.

May I ask, world. Did you forget to sleep or something? Had a hard case of insomnia? Or perhaps my dear home world decided to just take some crazy pills or something. I can't honestly explain it any other way. I've been back on these boards for like, what, 1 week? Maybe 2? Not sure. I'm still working hard and the days are kind of blurred. But it does seem from January, that the world basically just exploded. It's lost its marbles. Failed to acquire its ability to remain sane.

You're probably maybe feeling the same. But let me just review to remind you how nuts this shtuff has gotten. K, so last I remember for the past 2 weeks:

-Iran's on the fritz
-UN going ballistic over lots of [SNIP].
-Big pollution going down
-disastrous flood in SE America
-Europe halted from volcano
-Greece became an economic black hole.
-The Euro is collapsing.
-The Dollar is collapsing
-The economy bought itself a pogo stick, and figured, what the hell?
-Some crap about China
-Some crap about Russia
-Obama's doing some other crap
-Craziness about some unannounced faked disaster (wtf? lol-political suicide)
-LOTS of losers joined ATS causing fear mongering and insanity.
-WTF? People starting to side with Iran (yea, just because he says some stuff about your movement doesn't mean he believes it. obvious troll is obvious)
-Arizona declared war on Mexico
-Mexico flipped off Arizona
-California seceded to Mexico
-Folks in trouble for wearing American Flags
-NASA admits there's maybe, probably life on Mars. Definably life on that rock from Mars.
-Folks be talking about aliens a lot more
-Russian government saying they have been abducted
-Folks in America saying they've been abducted from the government.
-One metric[SNIP] of BS from Iran
-America saying no to Iran begging us to bomb them (good boy)
-Israel [SNIP] up
-Palestine [SNIP] up
-Carbomb
-Plane bomb
-Bomb bomb bomb

And in general, a large sum of madness all around.

I'm sorry but I'm calling the [SNIP] card on this.

Let me put it to you straight.

Please Shut up.

Like seriously.

Now you're probably saying "GAH ANOTHER RANT, DON'T CARE"

But This is not a rant. This is me telling you to just slow down a bit and stop getting caught in the chaos. The whole world is going to hell and you all have to stop pouring gas onto it.

Please start reading more. Please start investigating more. Please stop adding drama where there needs none to be. Organize, talk, and please be civil. I can't believe the number of uncivil nonsense people keep spewing and so much so keeps degenerating both this site and the world. Your actions here reflect your actions out there. If you are insane here, you are causing insanity out there. Focus on the good. Stop over dramatizing the bad. pray, do, whatever. Just act in such a way that handles the given madness of the world. I understand stuff is nuts now. I understand it may seem like the world is falling into the sun and everyone's looking for a way to ditch the boat. I understand all of this. But for the love of all that is good and holy, please remain calm and Don't Panic. Your ability as humans to fix problems is what makes us so great, amongst so much more that makes us human too.

This video pretty much says it all for how you must all start acting. Not an order, not a rant. Just a call for some plain old sanity, common sense, and decency. When an obvious troll is obvious, shut up. Do not feed him. Let the thread die. When an obvious rant is there, read it. Agree or debate. When a global catastrophe like the current one is a foot, do not go around screaming and yelling and causing the flames to spread. Remain calm and resolute, and civilized. Talk about solutions, develop them, and then outreach them.

Remember, all this has happened before, and it will all happen again. unless you break the cycle. The supposed Atlanteans, the Mycenaean, the Greeks, The Romans, on and on. Times like these and insanity of the people is what leads to "the end". You can end it.

It will happen again if you do not listen.......

Edit: Censor circumvention...

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Gemwolf]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Don't let all this insanity push you back into a hole to escape. Yes, the world is growing worse with confusion. Yes, people are commiting more and more acts of violence. Yes, the leaders of our world are making very bad decisions while most people are running around not knowing what to do or believe that they can't make a difference. Sadly, most people are going to panic as things get even worse. It is the calm, cool, and collective ones who will be able to hang on, move on, and really make a difference, even if it is only within ones home. So, OP, keep you chin up and kudos to you for promoting peace within.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
"The economy bought itself a pogo stick, and figured, what the hell?" do you mind if i use that as my signiture.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Your rant is quality mate couldn't agree more

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Was there any time of world-wide sanity? Ever? I cannot even find localized cases of acute sanity in recorded history. So do not take it so hard. Your advise about critical approach is certainly wise, but it can be only applied to individual,and even then i will argue that nobody is fully sane, only shades of gray. Artificial intelligent creatures will be 100% sane, i prefer living chaos though.
So, following another sound advise in your post - Don't Panic about mass insanity. It is actually normal. Main thing is to be responsible for oneself and own actions.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

Please Shut up.

Like seriously.

Irony is funny sometimes.

Cool story bro.

Wait I forgot what I was gonna say... oh yeah, [SNIP] happens, as soon as it happens, it gets posted here. ATS is the toilet bowl filter (tm?) of humanity, we collect all the crap that gets dropped, we examine it until it turns yellow and then let it continue down its path into the drains. But you know what happens to that turd? It resurfaces somewhere...

Mod Edit: Censor circumvention

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Great thread with a great message.

You basically summed up everything that is going on in the world right now, with the added bonus of urging people to settle da [SNIP] down.

Amazing job. Made me laugh.

Mod Edit: Censor circumvention.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

Go for it.

reply to post by serbsta

Sigh. I know.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   
your profane post most certainly doesn't seem sane to me...

or maybe I'm just Nuckin Futs and you're perfectly normal.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Please Shut up.

Like seriously.

Now you're probably saying "GAH ANOTHER RANT, DON'T CARE"

But This is not a rant. This is me telling you to just slow down a bit and stop getting caught in the chaos. The whole world is going to hell and you all have to stop pouring gas onto it.

Let me put it to you, straight. This is a rant. If it reads like a rant, then it is a rant! This is YOUR own personal opinion, and nothing more.

This video pretty much says it all for how you must all start acting. Not an order, not a rant. Just a call for some plain old sanity, common sense, and decency.

This is when I had a good laugh. You are backing up your opinion with a Battlestar Galactica video? Please tell me this is a joke and that you are not serious!

Let the thread die. When an obvious rant is there, read it.

You mean like this one? I haven't noticed any other threads this week that has knocked ATS and it's members. Very unusual. Congratulations on being the first! Gosh, it's almost been a full week!

Remember, all this has happened before, and it will all happen again. unless you break the cycle. The supposed Atlanteans, the Mycenaean, the Greeks, The Romans, on and on. Times like these and insanity of the people is what leads to "the end". You can end it.

I quit taking you seriously, with even a pinch of salt, when I got to "Atlanteans."

It will happen again if you do not listen.......

What? Exactly what happened?

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I love rants.

It's good to get these things off your chest.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The world has always been insane.

Its just that the consequences are so much greater now.

We are so totally disconnected from one whole side of ourselves...we've taken the energy and wrenched it over to the neocortex where you get the development of super-rationaly, engineering prowess, military/grain-basd acricultre, and so on (陽). All of humanity's various "self improvement" projects, successful and unsuccessful alike. It has been a great ride, but our massive frontal-lobe brainpower has come at the the expense of awarness of certain vital issues. In the devloped world in particular as well as much if not most of the rest of the world, humanity has long operated with the assumption of limtless growth.

Now refusing to grasp properly that we are in a closed system, human beings are generally rather inept, sloppy, and out of practice at recognizing feedback more broadly. We are reaching a stage where the dangers of thrashing about like a big fish in a small pond become obvious and immediate, although many people are having trouble making the conceptual leap from the old system to the new one.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I would try to put a little light on all of the darkness. The only light I know is the truth of God's Word.

Therein is the problem and the reason for the darkness. Man has rejected God and God's Word. (Not all but most)

It is prophesied that the birthpains will become more intense and more frequent.

Instead of these things getting mans attention to make a 180 degree turn too the only one that can save. Man cusses and goes about his ignorant self.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

If you took this that seriously, you are part of the problem.

Also I did not say that atlanteans exist. Just that there's a 40,000 year gap between our evolution and civilization where we basically chilled and hunted for a long time.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

If you took this that seriously, you are part of the problem.

The only problem I see, and pointed out, is that you've stuck a rant, in the general conspiracy forum, that is showing nothing more than you picking on members of this site. By the way, did a moderator die, and open up a space for you to be the one to criticize, or tell members what they can, and cannot say?

Also I did not say that atlanteans exist. Just that there's a 40,000 year gap between our evolution and civilization where we basically chilled and hunted for a long time.

This is not what you said. Go back and read your own remark!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   
YEh mate, im seeing it to, i can't leave my computer lately, there's so much new's to cover that need's to be checked out and looked at, this is the most intense ive seen the world in a long time, there's so much going on, SO much, it's enough to make somebody's face explode

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
It's the dang Internet I tell ya!

Since they invented this ~Thingy~ people find out all sorts of things they never should of known...

I hear the FCC is working on this though and should have it contained in no time.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hx3_1963
It's the dang Internet I tell ya!

Since they invented this ~Thingy~ people find out all sorts of things they never should of known...

I hear the FCC is working on this though and should have it contained in no time.

Actually you are not that far off the mark. We are information junkies and news travels round the world from all over the world instantly. Go back 40 years and it would take a couple of days to get pictures from the adjacent country!!!!

It's just a sign of the times. All this crazy stuff has always happened we just find out about it all instantly.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

Well they could at least stop making it look like Earth is becoming suicidal.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I've been locked away in an institution of architecture for the past few month

Thats the funniest bit of the post....
Like who knew they locked architecture away in institutions for months at a time...LOL

Are you sure of what type of institution it was?
I know what the feel from the post is, and while it's not all roses unfortunately it's reality, a reality most of us have no influence over, and are being dragged along with...and having to accept the while where, you were out of the regular flow.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Rollo]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join