It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world has thoroughly gone insane.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rollo

Ask an architect major at any major university in America. It is a volunteer prison. SO much fun, but at the cost of feeling like you've teleported 10 years down the road once you go back home.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
The world has always been insane.

ya, filled with wee to medium mad rant waves,

thing is now its uber mad rabid rant tsunamis, n super floods, scizo volcanic cacophonies, frantic earthquake swarms, and wicked wild winds, and

peoples minds, families and communities are roiling the same

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Rollo

Ask an architect major at any major university in America. It is a volunteer prison. SO much fun, but at the cost of feeling like you've teleported 10 years down the road once you go back home.

all the ivory tower is such a prison, locked away in a fantasy world of the mind

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The system is working perfectly.....IF you are a globalist banker.
IF not, it seems like the system is insane.

S&F

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
remember the great depression? people THOUGHT that was the end of the world. nuff said.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yes, nothing new here. The widespread ease of access to information simply gives you the illusion that this is all new. Welcome to the last 3,000+ years.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
without chaos, there can be no order

Second line to pre\/ent forum chaos..

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Xadaz]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
The world has always been insane.

Its just that the consequences are so much greater now.
Etc...

I absolutely agree but i think you missed at least 1 angle.
Up to say 40 years ago if something happened on the other side of the world it may take weeks for us to find out and then it is old hat and there is nothing you can do about it, the damage had been done.
But with the Intarwebs i can now know what some kid from Russia had for breakfast!
Instant gratification is the soup of the day.
So when things happen we hear about everything. Maybe it's no worse nowadays than it was years ago it is just we see our crap and theirs at the same time.
But i agree with the OP i would like to see the headlines on the news be someone doing a random act of great kindness rather than see that little Jeremy spoke in class today.
We need a hero, We need Kwai Chang Kane "All i ask is that you repay by helping 10 others, then they will repay by helping 10 others.

(off topic) i did like the vid and song tho!

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Your thread title would imply that there was some past point at which the world was sane.

Please specify that moment/period, because i fail to see it.

Life doesn't require sanity. Only sufficiently sane seeming results.

Perhaps people have an insane addiction to the illusion of sanity?

My illusion of sanity is better than yours. It sure keeps me fooled.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Your thread title would imply that there was some past point at which the world was sane.

Please specify that moment/period, because i fail to see it.

Once again i agree with someone but,...
My Grandpa on moms side was....err is a 27 year vet of the US Marine Corps. This man is the one who i would always have liked to be the most like he was a battle hardened Girene scars and all. However he was also a Gentleman and an awesome father grandpa provider he had all the things you would want or need to convince even your enemy that he was a solid top notch guy.
But now it is ok and kind of accepted for people to con people out of their property or lives and make a bold face lie about how it was not their fault.
We need morals and accountability for our actions, this doesn't come from God it comes from within us it is the little voice that screams at us "THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!!"
Some of us hear it and agree and some hear and wonder if the gain is better than the wrong.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Hey OP, fair enough on many points, but you should stop short of slandering an entire broad spectrum under the auspices of "fear-mongering". There are a few tacit points to make about that.

First off, a number of people read the background on conspiracies, get to the bottom of matters as best we can through links and research we feel valid, our own testimonies, and let's face it - there is an awful lot of issues out there which speculate towards miserable consequences. Did we create these? No, not for the most part. They're world-government, big-business, government legislation, health hazards, and other unfair nonsense that was launched from the top and kept rolling downhill. Does it cause fear to examine these issues? That's up to everyone's emotional stability, sanity, and involvement.

These matters are Commonly addressed here also - through knowledge, encouragements, advice, suggestions, wise angles, more testimonies, and discussion. It's up to everyone to cope, and if you don't want to see an issue brought up because it might cause some "fear", then you might consider a lighter-hearted board, where people may regularly gang up and cut down people based on their personage over their content, and where moderators will censure any issue that might set off the "fear-factor" of the oversensitive.

We're dealing with big issues here by our own choice, because they're important, and if you want something to blame for A) People discussing them or B) People getting worked up over them because they are fearsome, then point it squarely at the issues themselves. They rank in priority for some of us, and it'sa world away from the sleepy, delusional mindset that mass media and corporations work at, in society at large, to keep the populace sedated, happy, uninterested in larger events, and so on.

Please differentiate between hysterical posts, and valid contributions to world issues that exist, like it or no. If you see a thread you feel may send your knees knocking, then by all means, don't even read it.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

I don't know. I think it's all pointless. You can say whatever you want but humans are generally small minded bigots. Fear is their default position. Most people are not gonna move beyond the default. This site has come to the point where it resembles GLP at times with racist ranting actually making the front page. People get stars for the crap too.

But why are we shocked? If i came on here tomorrow and saw " I hate all black people" on the front page I wouldn't be surprised. Everyone is afraid of something, the government, Islam, Christians, mexicans, little old ladies with corgis, men, women, algae, dogs with wet noses, traffic cones....wth, just everything. People just don't make good choices when they are afraid.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
That's an extraordinary list. Thanks for compiling it like that. I loved this thread. SnF

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I agree with most of your rant. But it looks like you been away long enough not to have figured out that the media's portayal of Iran is propaganda that would have made Hitler proud. Not to mention the lies that come out of that war monger Hillary Clinton.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Namaste1001]

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Namaste1001]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Takamuri
Yes, nothing new here. The widespread ease of access to information simply gives you the illusion that this is all new. Welcome to the last 3,000+ years.

? I've taught school for a decade in numerous places.... and rest assured things are extremely different than they were in time 35 years ago and even more so than they were in my parents time... I can tell you that a vast number of children in this country will turn on the adults on a dime. They are coming into first grade wanting to sex, drug and rock and roll each other.

There were not large ozone holes in the sky when my mother was born over 72 years ago, nor were there dead zones all along the rivers and oceans, nor were there major collapses in the life of the ocean... nor were there billions of people living near the coast, and rest assured if you had a look see at the real data on earthquakes, volcanoes, wind speeds and water events there would be alarm bells going off. As well the technology of the last 40 years has poisoned the food and water, the environment, the organisms and created a weapons technology that is uber-devestating on multiple levels.

personally I would argue that science was pandoras box, birthing technology allowing us to over consume which led to an energy increase, which lead to a human population explosion as well as poisoning the world.

mad people stressing and killing each other 3000+ years, yes, but technology has ramped the amplitude...

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm not sure how much attention you have been paying to the news, but serious events in large quantities have been happening for a very long time; especially since the Internet and the drive against the MSM. What does seem to be happening is that more and more people are finally awakening to the rude reality around themselves.

I agree that people need to keep their wits about them, however it is much easier said than done. When someones reality is torn apart by it's very fabric it can lead to emotions possibly never felt. Emotions and thoughts that are very difficult to comprehend, process and turn into positive energy.

When most people suddenly realize that their lives are not what they thought they were or they lose everything that they have, then there is a natural healing process that must begin. This process cannot be subverted, changed or have steps skipped.

This process is known as the 5 stages of grief and I will outline them with a quote. Some heal faster than others while some never seem to heal or recover from their loss(es).

1-Denial-"this can't be happening to me", looking for the former spouse in familia places, or if it is death, setting the table for the person or acting as if they are still in living there. No crying. Not accepting or even acknowledging the loss.

2-Anger-"why me?", feelings of wanting to fight back or get even with spouse of divorce, for death, anger at the deceased, blaming them for leaving.

3-Bargaining-bargaining often takes place before the loss. Attempting to make deals with the spouse who is leaving, or attempting to make deals with God to stop or change the loss. Begging, wishing, praying for them to come back.

4-Depression-overwhelming feelings of hopelessness, frustration, bitterness, self pity, mourning loss of person as well as the hopes, dreams and plans for the future. Feeling lack of control, feeling numb. Perhaps feeling suicidal.

5-Acceptance-there is a difference between resignation and acceptance. You have to accept the loss, not just try to bear it quietly. Realization that it takes two to make or break a marriage. Realization that the person is gone (in death) that it is not their fault, they didn't leave you on purpose. (even in cases of suicide, often the deceased person, was not in their right frame of mind) Finding the good that can come out of the pain of loss, finding comfort and healing. Our goals turn toward personal growth. Stay with fond memories of person.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by TheRoadLessTraveled]

[edit on 8-5-2010 by TheRoadLessTraveled]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Have to agree with the rant. You speak the truth.

The site is also full to the gills of nutjobs who who answer anything you ask them on the future and the nutjobs who are here with a message from higher beings.

Basically I think all these guys should be put in a room together where they can spend eternity discussing whats going to happen tomorrow.

I do think a lot of people are going insane and judging by the threads its spreading fast.

Maybe the guys running this site could set up a new one for all the folks who think they have the 'gift'

[edit on 8-5-2010 by JohnySeagull]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Facebook could have something to do with it. They guys coming here with the gifts just seem to be interested in gaining followers. Kinda like mini-messiahs.

I recommend you go and watch the Facebook episode of SouthPark. It will explain a lot for you. After watching it I came to the conclusion that the internet needs to be banned asap.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
The world does indeed feel a bit on the insane side lately. But really is it all that different from how it usually is? People are running amok all over the place as usual. Don't let it drag you down. Now you want to feel like you are going insane try watching the movie Moon, that will make you feel like your going insane, bit a good work that one. But anyways, don't let the madness drag you into your own insanity.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
If not hearing anything from higher powers qualifies me as a "nutjob", then I've been one for over twenty years! Bwahahahaha!

Anyone who doesn't have contact with God, angels, demons, the devil, aliens or psyops agents these days is either very shrouded in spirit, or lives in a very deep cave. You can't explain anything yourself, so don't brand us with your nonsense. The days of being politically correct in saying that those who "hear voices" or "have contact" are mentally deficient are Over.

Took the shot for you guys

Psycological Projection
en.wikipedia.org...

After writing this, I suddenly felt a heavy, dreary weight on my thoughts, and it made it hard to think straight for a moment. I thought back, loudly, "You're hearing this, so better check yourself into a mental hospital. You must have scitzophrenia! Only it isn't, you're not insane, are you?" lol Such is the land of the unseen.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Northwarden]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join