It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New insights into the mystery of natural HIV immunity

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by VneZonyDostupa

Thank you again for insight knowledge on topic.
Without you I would still be saying that AIDS does not exist.

Way to go

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm sorry. I was talking about testing for th CCR5-Delta-32 mutation in your chromosomes. Not the HIV tests.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Ha ha

Can happen to anyone.
But now I'm curious. What is your test about then ?

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
In the original post, it is discussing the genetic mutation that seems to have become more common after the black plague in Europe.

This chromosome mutation is called CCR5-Delta-32. This mutation can be on one or both sides of the chromosome pair.

People with this mutation are more resistant to HIV, and some other diseases. Resistant not immune.

Of people of European ancestry and depending on the area in Europe, people have a chance between 2 to 11% to have this mutation. (old data - do not know if this figure has changed or been nailed down more specifically)

The reason for this is that people with this mutation seem to have been more likely to survive the Black Plague. So there descendents have become more ubiquitous in the population.

CCR5-Delta-32 is a DNA test. Not a viral-immunity-factor test as an HIV test would be.

Personal thought here:
The CCR5 population for people of European descent is one of the reasons why I don't think that the Black Plague in Europe was the same plague that hit Asia and Africa. The timing of the plague is different, the depth of destruction, the devastation of it has left an indelible mark on the European genome in ways that mirrors only the malaria-sickle-cell mutations in Africa which has been forged by a multitude of generations being killed by mosquitos. Not just a couple of generations like the Black Plague.

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

I don't remember when and where but I read an article that claimed that there were several diseases causing havoc those days because there were testimonies found of different physical effects. Sounds very logical to me cause you could have easily died from everything back then.

What I think is weird that a protection against a bacteria can protect against a virus.
It shouldn't be possible.

I googled it.
Read this.

Once infected by the Yersinia pestis bacterium, it is estimated that victims would die within three to seven days. However, this view has recently been questioned by some scientists and historians,and some researchers, examining historical records of the spread of disease,believe that the illness was, in fact, a viral hemorrhagic fever.
Wiki link Black death

CCR5 is not customized for bacteria whatsoever. It is for viruses.
The CCR5-Δ32 where you referring at is a genetic variant of CCR5. Wiki link CCR5

The virus mentioned is Small pox what is more like what I thought.
Wiki link Smallpox

This is what I like. I learned something new today.

[edit on 5/10/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on May, 10 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
And this mutation is what seems to confer some resistance to HIV in the caucasian population.

Fascinating stuff isn't it?

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Step 1 identify the gene that makes people immune and Step 2 figure out a way to disable the gene so that more people can get sick.

Nothing positive will come of this as HIV-AIDS was cooked up in a lab in the 1960's and released in the late 1960's. Purpose is depopulation.

Anything that was designed and developed for depopulation will never be cured and that is that.

Have no hope.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

You don't have to invent a disease to depopulate the Earth you know.
They only have to stop trying to keep people alive .

Far more easy, less expensive and guaranteed to work.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yes it really is.

Did you see a thread I've made on a virus called. Human and virus share a common ancestor. ?

It's about a giant among viruses called the Mimi virus.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Viruses have cleaved themselves into the human genome. We have bits of the herpes virus family in our very genes.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Yes, how cool is that...

I just find an article you might like.
Viruses helped shape human genetic variability

Picture

[atsimg]http://files.abovabovetopsecretetopsecret.com/images/member/dff37e2072cd.jpg[/atsimg]
Edit.
It doesn't work. So. Link to pcture source.

Also interesting.
How Pathogens Have Shaped Genes Involved In Our Immune System

And of course some on Herpes to.
Genetic Link To Human Herpes Susceptibility Found

ScienceDaily (Jan. 31, 2008) — There's a high probability that people who are prone to herpes simplex virus (HSV) outbreaks can inherit that susceptibility through their genes, University of Utah researchers report in a new study.

Researchers have identified a region on the long arm of human chromosome 21 with high odds--at least 1,000-to-1--of being linked to cold sore susceptibility. The researchers further say they pinpointed six specific genes in that chromosomal region as candidates for making people prone to outbreaks of cold sores (also called "fever blisters"). Cold sores occur when the herpes virus reactivates from its quiescent state within the nerve, infecting the lip, nose, or face.

[edit on 5/13/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join