It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jumping into the fray...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hi my friends,

This is my introductory theard. I start off by calling you friends because we have a common bond. We want the truth. I am a 40 year old man who has been asking questions about the world around me since I was 14. My questions started off with my Catholic faith. I asked these questions, first to my parents, who would tell me that we can't know the answers because we can't know the will of God. That answer wasn't good enough for me so I started to ask members of the church. They would give the stock answers like, "We can't know the mind of God"... Or "God is of infinate possibility"... Or in some cases, I would be rebuked or just ignored as an ignorent youth.

Then I started to research religion. I found that I wasn't alone in questioning the tenents of my faith. From there, my questions became more coherent and intelligent. I wasn't being ignored. I was being challenged. I thought if I was creating this much of a stir, there must be more going on here than I was lead to believe. From that expeirence, I started to question everything.

Since I was 18 years of age, I have traveled extensively. In my travels, I experinced many strange things. To clearify, I was not really a believer in UFO's, paranormal or large scale government conspiracy's, until I witnessed some of these for myself.

I now question everything that is feed to me. I will not accept a, so called, "fact" until it can be varified.

I discovered this site little over a year ago and found MANY like minded people here. I've discovered not all people are on here looking for the truth. They seem to get there jolly's by atacking and belittling those who post. I can assure you that I am not one of those. If I don't agree with you, it's because I don't understand your point of view. I only hope you will be patient with me and take the time to help me understand your view.

I am here to learn and express my own opinions... I will show you the respect you expect and deserve, and hope to receive the same. So , let the games begin...

001ggg100

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hi,
Good Luck and keep your sense of humor.
Have a great time.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Nice introduction, good that you joined here.

Welcome and good luck.

GM

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 001ggg100

Hi 001ggg100, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 001ggg100

Welcome on ATS!

That`s a very nice introduction!

Enjoy the forum!

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Thanks folks. I feel like a part of the family already... I only hope that I can contribute something worthwhile and not become one of those negetive nobodies who seem to do nothing but disagree with everything that is posted... lol

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Welcome, nice intro. I'm new also and hope that we all find the answers we want through peaceful means

top topics

join