It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
This is the most offensive piece of legislation to ever slither off the desks of the corrupt Congress critters in Washington.

This is nothing short of a declaration of war against the American people. It's not even subtle. Comply or starve is the message. You belong to us, slave, and even the bread you eat is at our good pleasure...or not.

The workings of the NWO affect us ALL so if you are not an American don't think you will escape this heinous happening in your part of the globe. The globalization plans include us all. America may be the first to be attacked in this way by it's own government but I'm sure it won't be the last.

Snakes in the Grass

“If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of God.” ~Dr. Shiv Chopra, Canada Health whistleblower.

It is similar to what India faced with imposition of the salt tax during British rule, only S 510 extends control over all food in the US, violating the fundamental human right to food.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by whitewave]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
It's had some attention already, but I'm perplexed it didn't get a lot more.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your article brings up new facts and takes though, thank you for that. It really will put people into a corner over what they can or can't eat. Turning All Seed into Monsanto variety is enough to make me wish I had control over a sizeable military, the directory of all Monsanto offices, and a few hundred thousand warrents for the arrest of.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

This has already proven to be a hoax.

“If accepted [S 510] would preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade, transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes. It will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice.

Seriously, if you believe this you will believe anything!

www.snopes.com...

www.carolinafarmstewards.org...

The bill has been further modified (since 2009 when the snopes article was written) to provide increased protections for small farms. But seriously, did you really think it would be illegal to grow a garden and share food? I almost spit out my raw Wisconsin milk at the thought of someone believing that!!

Best,
SN

[edit on 5/6/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

5. It would remove the right to clean, store and thus own seed in the US, putting control of seeds in the hands of Monsanto and other multinationals, threatening US security. See Seeds – How to criminalize them, for more details.

From the above link...

I don't think they are trying to hide it anymore...does anyone know how important this is? Controlling Vitamins and Nutrients can have a huge impact on human physiology. This has the potential to be devastating...

Fluoride Times Ten...to potentially put it mildly...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Skunknuts, where's this so-called proof?
What are you dis-qualifying all the links to Monsanto based on?

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Northwarden]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
Skunknuts, where's this so-called proof?
What are you dis-qualifying all the links to Monsanto based on?

Um, doesn't the initial claim that we can't have a garden or share food require any evidence, lol!!??

Best,
SN

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Hey, you edited that post of yours lol I'll look into your Snopes then.

Hey, You're still editing that post.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

Not entirely, SN. Let me repeat one of YOUR quotes from the link that North Warden so thoughtfully provided:

"Luckily (thanks to involved people that actually understand both the legislative process, as well as how to advocate on behalf of one's concern), the bill has been modified from it's initial form to provide protections for small farms and producers that shouldn't be lumped in w/ the mega-corporations that clearly have no problem sacrificing American lives if it is in the interest of their selfish bottom-lines."

So, it seems, even by your own admission that the original bill was somewhat different than what we have now, eh?

Also mentioned in the previously linked thread, an appropriate quote from Blaine91555:

"It really is tacky taking the point of view that anyone who does not agree with your politics is worthy of your scorn.

Grandiosity.
...an unrealistic sense of superiority, a sustained view of oneself as better than others that causes the narcissist to view other with disdain or as inferior... ...a sense of uniqueness, the belief that few others have in common with oneself and that one can only be understood by a few or very special people"

Thanks for lighting that candle there buddy instead of just cursing the darkness.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Northwarden
Hey, you edited that post of yours lol I'll look into your Snopes then.

Hey, You're still editing that post.

Yeah, I found some links....like I said in the post I linked, the legislation isn't perfect, but believing such paranoid stuff as Obama is going to come trample your garden is not going to give one much credibility.

Best,
SN

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

LOL, I'm sorry, but if you sit back and think about the initial claim in your OP, I'm sure you'll see how ludicrous and unenforceable such a notion really is. I mean, sorry to come of harshly, but wouldn't you want to research such a claim before publicly posting disinformation?

Yes, the bill has been modified from it's initial form (presented a year ago), as are all bills. However, the Obama trampling your garden and taking your homemade pickles amendment was never part of the bill. Besides, you are making the claim today.

Best,
SN

P.S. It is grandiose to think one can ascertain one's personality from a limited interaction online. Furthermore, let's not get into psychologically diagnosing one another in the format, as it just wouldn't turn out nicely, I am sure.

[edit on 5/6/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Seriously...we don't know enough about GMO's to comprehend how they can affect nutrient expression. I'm not calling hoax until I know more about that. The fact that it is potentially Corporate Proprietary Information makes me even more skeptical....

[edit on Thu, 06 May 2010 20:04:58 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by skunknuts

I'm not sure the issue is more of a prevention of prsonal gardens but a prevention of privately cultivated food sources for commercial/trade reasons that aren't GMO related...and I am unsure how you can be sure.

Just sayin'...

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Existing thread on this topic:

please add any new thoughts and opinion to the ongoing discussion.

Thread closed.

top topics

join