It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Violent Movie Declares War on Arizona for Immigration Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Violent Movie Declares War on Arizona for Immigration Law

www.foxnews.com

A violent new film from cult director Robert Rodriguez is declaring war on Arizona with a "special Cinco De Mayo message" in the wake of the state's controversial illegal immigration law.

That message is: "They just f---ed with the wrong Mexican."

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
The Arizona bill is about ILLEGALS, not just Mexicans. This bigot Robert Rodriguez is making this out to be a whole conspiracy against the Mexicans. Its not just him, its the politicians and the individuals involved in making this crap.

Would such hatered of the government and its policies survive in any other country? This loony toon and all of those other coked up hollywood loons need to wake up to what the majority of us hard working Americans support.

They want to boycott Arizona and other states who favor Laws against Illegal Immiration. Laws for which the hollywood crowd never cared for.

Hollywood has really shown us how dispicable their mentality is, time for Americans to wake up from the Hollywood trance and start paying attention to what is going on with your country. If you don't respect your country and its Laws, do you think an Illegal would?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I think people should already be able to figure out if they came here illegally that they don't belong here. This law changes nothing except that it is enforcing laws that already exist. They need to understand this applies to illegals of every nation and not just Mexico.

On a side note re: illegal Mexicans. They invade our borders, take our jobs, work for pennies and feel like they should have some constitutional rights.

News Flash, you have no rights if you are illegal. Zero, Zilch, Zippo, Notta!

[edit on 6-5-2010 by DaMod]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I would be more worried if it was oh James Cameron, but Robert Rodriguez. Doubt anyone cares what that piss ant thinks. "They just f'd with the wrong Mexican". Come on, what is he 12 talking junk from his mansion?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Jessica Alba as a border patrol agent? Come on now, if they were that hot I would illegally cross a border too!!!
For some strange reason its ok to be a criminal these days, not to have any morals or ethics. Obviously these mexicans think they are above the law but they arent and one day their saviors across the country will abandon them and then what will they do?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I guess time will tell on this one......

Do you think only illegal Mexican's will be going to see this film?

Sounds like a good idea to me, round up the whole theater full of them!

Oh gosh, possibly admittance to this film should be contigent on being able to show a valid ID!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Well, there's been a mahoosive slew of movies that focus on revenge/grudges/injustice etc... Steven Seagal, Schwarzenneger, Stallone ad nauseum have all portrayed characters violently fighting something in the name of Justice.

Thing is about movie makers, keeping it topical can boost sales and if you know anything about Mr Rodriguez work you might realise all of it has a decent undercurrent of humour, so I doubt if this "violent movie" is full of hate and vitriol... having watched almost everything the violence is pretty cartoon-like and not that graphic - especially compared to a lot of contemporary films.

Yes, hatred of Government and Policies is thriving in many countries, especially Greece at the moment, but - hmm, almost every "democracy" has its dissenters, so yes - this is the beauty of "Free Speech".

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
That movie has been in the works for a couple years. It has absolutely nothing to do with Arizona's recent immigration bill.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I live in Arizona, and I agree...it is about illegals...but one cannot deny what illegals it is aimed at (yes, I do support the bill).

However, where in the bill does it mention anything about Robert Rodriguez? This is why celebrities and sports stars should just keep their traps shut. I dare him to come into AZ and start screwing with people. We will send him back to where he came from before he even knows what hit him.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
It is a movie, based on a fake trailer from a fake movie that was made a few years ago for Grindhouse, the B movie collaborations between Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez.

There is a huge difference between the fantasy in a movie and the real world. Even with overlapping themes, this is a movie based on fantasy. Even still, quite a bit of the trailer for the real film was from the fake trailer.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I personally like mexicans and other latinos for central and south america. I like to learn about their culture, their history etc. What I don't like is illegal immigrants. Hmm wonder if mr. rodriguez would still be talking all that noise and trying to make a martyr of mexicans; at whom the law is not aimed at unless they are here illegally if all legal citizens boycotted his movie? Not only boycott his movies, but a boycott of all supporters of illegals in the film, music, and sports biz. Hit them where it hurts, in the wallet. Because that's where the illegal immigrants hit the average citizen, in the wallet.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I love a target rich environment- bring it pancho

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

The law is for Mexicans!!!....You don't see Germans or Ukranians taking American jobs or draining the life out of Social Services.
Lets call it what it is and stop being so politically correct.
Illegal Mexicans need to get the hell out!!!!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jesuschristmonster

The law is for Mexicans!!!....You don't see Germans or Ukranians taking American jobs or draining the life out of Social Services.
Lets call it what it is and stop being so politically correct.
Illegal Mexicans need to get the hell out!!!!

The Arizona Law is for ALL Illegals, no matter what country they are from. It is the exact SAME LAW from the Federal books with tweaks to prevent profiling. Now, I agree majority of the Leeches are Hispanic Mexicans.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I can't believe these movie actors have sunk so low as to get involved in this kinda trash movie. DeNiro? wtf were you thinking?
That is one butt ugly dude who could only "get the girls" in a movie but never in real life.
I love the scene where he opens his trench coat to reveal 30 machetes, that just impressed the hell outta me

Whatever happened to movies with real stories and characters we could relate to? This is one piece of malarkey I'll never watch on screen. Call me a gringo, I think I like that name.
Ps - there;s plenty of Guatemalans, Hondurans and Salvadorans that find there way here illegally too, it ain't just for Mexicans anymore.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The movie has been under production for over a year now, but the release of it now is also a marketing strategy. I would suspect the backlash hasn't even started yet. This movie is definitely bad taste by the director who could care less, and the actors who are only looking to get paid.

Hollywood lost its moral compass a long time ago. Now they are mere lapdogs for whoever can pay them the most money. Also some music industry individuals included.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Actually, it was already in the can. It was released a while back and flopped so it's getting re-released. I can't even believe people are getting upset about this. It's a dumb movie. You know Rodriquez runs with Tarintino (sp)? Hyper-violence and controversy is what they are both known for.

And here you are giving old Robear what he wants.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
I can't believe these movie actors have sunk so low as to get involved in this kinda trash movie. DeNiro? wtf were you thinking?
That is one butt ugly dude who could only "get the girls" in a movie but never in real life.
I love the scene where he opens his trench coat to reveal 30 machetes, that just impressed the hell outta me

Whatever happened to movies with real stories and characters we could relate to? This is one piece of malarkey I'll never watch on screen. Call me a gringo, I think I like that name.
Ps - there;s plenty of Guatemalans, Hondurans and Salvadorans that find there way here illegally too, it ain't just for Mexicans anymore.

I don't think the movie is meant to be taken seriously. I see it as a play on those Blaxploitation movies that were popular during the 70s.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kj6754

That's how I saw it as well. AKA Mexican "Shaft" or something of that nature. As long as they don't try "Chicnoula", we might be safe.

Ok nevermind, that might be freaking hysterical to see.

new topics

top topics

join