It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the ISS? a UFO? Satellite? or Plane?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I was on my way home after a day of filming, had a hard metal case and bag with my filming gear in. I get off the bus, and notice a light up in the sky. It flashed twice with a white light and I thought ok it must be a plane or helicopter but then it flew direct over head and I couldnt see any beacon lights and no engine noises. It also looked like a weird diamond shape.... The footage captured on my camera [Canon Vixia HG10] doesnt do this object justice as it filmed it and made it look too far away.

Anyway, I would like to know your thoughts!! and NO ITS NOT SWAMP GAS OR CHINESE LANTERNS!!!! but i wont rule out the ISS/Satellite/helicopter/plane or a space craft.

Here is the unedited video

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 6-5-2010 by justjoemusic]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by justjoemusic

Hard to say , from your vid .

There was a thread here a few days ago where someone saw the ISS .

What day was this , and what was the direction of travel ?

How fast was the object traveling ?

What time of day ?

Didn't get to see the ISS during the recent fly-over , but it's possible this is what it was .

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be gleamed from this video, as it is no more than the typical light against a night sky. People can project whatever they want to think it is and fight to the death for their beliefs.

Do you know if there was any other reports from that area? Did you check any of the number of night sky websites that will show you when and where any listed man-made satellites will be that night?

I like the fact that you tried your best to get some scale on this thing, and you didn't loose your head and give us the shaky cam version of it, lol. That clear head of yours will come in handy when and if you have a sighting that has more meat to it for sure!

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by okbmd

I missed that thread from a few days ago but will search for it in a moment... I took this video on 4th May 2010 @ 10:14pm in Croydon South London.

Im thinking it could well be the ISS... Looked so much better with the naked eye though.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I thought if I posted it on here, and various other sites I may come across others who may of seen it and who either knew what it was or caught a better video or even photo of the object.

Will be outside a bit more at night with a tripod lol!! I am swaying more towards the ISS... as a few people have said it was in the sky a day or 2 before or around that time.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by justjoemusic
It also looked like a weird diamond shape....
Well I was pleased to see that the text in the video acknowledges that just because it looks like a diamond shape doesn't mean it's a diamond shape, the video text is correct that it's an aperture artifact, and there's no reason to be disappointed about that and no reason to leave autofocus on. The focus should be set to manual and set to infinity.

But the other posters are right, there's not much detail in the video to help identify it. Just another dot in the sky.

Here's a site to tell you if it could be the ISS or some other satellite:

www.heavens-above.com...

click on the satellite section and plug in the date/time/location information and you can see where the ISS was at the time, as well as other satellites.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by Arbitrageur]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I have seen the same thing many times over here in Clearwater FL.
It's not a plane or some government (black) project. It may be a satellight, but if it was moving in multiple directions, it then could be a UFO.

THE POWER OF ELIMINATION COULD USUALLY ANSWER YOUR QUESTION.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   

reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I thought if I posted it on here, and various other sites I may come across others who may of seen it and who either knew what it was or caught a better video or even photo of the object.

Will be outside a bit more at night with a tripod lol!! I am swaying more towards the ISS... as a few people have said it was in the sky a day or 2 before or around that time.

May want to check out this thread with a similar sighting that was found/proven to be the ISS.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
you may also want to check MUFON they have a live sighting map.

mufon

and also here's a live sat tracker

sat trac

Iss just left Australia heading south east.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

reply to post by okbmd

I missed that thread from a few days ago but will search for it in a moment... I took this video on 4th May 2010 @ 10:14pm in Croydon South London.

Im thinking it could well be the ISS... Looked so much better with the naked eye though.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe the reason why there is less coverage is because it's from the UK.

Anyways there's the other thread, I agree it's a sight to behold with the naked eye, even though we're agreed on that thread that it is indeed the ISS.

Perhaps you should check the link on the other thread which shows ISS location on a specific time and date.

top topics

join