It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Isreal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I just seen the News here ...and i have to say that if the truth is that the Isreali Army fired a flechet round in to a crowd of people..then they have lost a ton of respect from me..Does any one else have a posiotn on this..NAd i thought that those tpes of rounds are banned!!

Boomslang

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Haven't heard a thing about it.

Why would the flechet be banned, by whom and when? Excellent weapon, just not proper for civil crowd control.

posted on Mar, 6 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne Excellent weapon, just not proper for civil crowd control.

...Just not "proper" as concerned with a non-repressive regime...

...Or have you so forgotten Tinanen Square?...

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 06:20 AM
link   
This aggression by Israel is like a grain of salt in the largest hour glass ever created. I can't expalin how much this goes on, because I don't know. I do know it does make it's way over here and Israel tries as hard as it can to keep the tourists comming and terror news doesn't help that. So if we here of THEIR TERROR than it must have been BIG, because otherwise the news would be lost in the propaganda centers that filter the news to the country's taste. That includes them and us, the United States of America.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I was recently watching the latest incursion by Israel into the Gaza Strip I believe. It was on the BBC and the Palestinians were filming a building that was on fire, when in the middle of them landed some type of explosion or mortor, or something. There was a lot of smoke and dust and people were running everywhere. When the smoke finally cleared there were a few bodies lying there. Now, my question is, why would a shell be launched on, or around an already burning building? My theory is that the Israel's knew there would be people there, and decided to launch something there. Targeting terrorists and targeting civilians are two completely different things. From my point of you, it was planned and aimed at civilians. I'm only saying what I saw.

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   
TC Fox news net work reported that the Fletchet(sp) as a weapon was banned !..i mihgt have miss heard but i dontthink so..i am trying to look it up but my internet reaserch skills are lacking compared to some of the other fine posters here..

Boomslang

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
What a sad day in history if it has been banned.

M-D, I have no idea what you were saying, in reference to Tienemen Square, Flechet rounds and non-repressive regimes.

Abraham, have you ever noticed what triggers Israeli attacks on the Palestians? I don't think the Israelis, a bunch that made an oasis out of a wasteland and a thriving freemarket democracy in a sea of anti-democratic regimes, would just wake up every so often and say "Hey, what say we just go and pick on these other folks for kicks and giggles!"

Maybe I'm wrong. Could be. Every now and then I have to instigate hate and discontent among coworkers.
Maybe the Israelis are jerks like me.

[Edited on 8-3-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 08:27 PM
link   
LoL, I urge everyone here who thinks Israel is the "big bad guy" to actually go there for yourselves.

Whoever lives in New York, can now sympathize, but not empathize, with what the Israelis must put up with.

There is the only western country on earth, where you can walk down the street looking for clothes, seeing some hot chick walk onto a bus, and then that bus just blows up.

How many of you check out a fine peice of foxy lady and see her explode? Israelis see this probably twice a week, if not twice a day.

The fact that they have not killed off every Palestinian alive, is testament to the fact that they both remember the Holocaust (something even Germany so quickly forgot) and they remember that the few causing these horrible acts, do not represent many if most of the Palestinians.

I used to know of a good weblink to "Faces of Israel" or something like that, and it is just a page, long very very long, seems like it won't end, of the faces, pictures of those killed by terrorists.

Students.

Bagel sellers.

Store Clerks.

And what's worse, is the time line starts at August 2001 or abouts, and is a very incomplete list.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Anti-Semite because I said Israeli war crimes are through the roof. I love Israel. I hate their hatred. The land is torn apart and those who live in it have suffered greatly. It is no reason though to continue to hate. This suffering can stop if the cocessions come from both sides. The whole point is that they won't unless the terror stops, because they and we "Don't negotiate with terrorists.". Well, if you refuse to negotiate than you will just have to deal with the fear, death and destruction. What will it hurt to give the Palestinain a homeland????? Well of course, alot. It will hurt them greatly, but that doesn't mean they can't take advantage of the liberation. If they allow the Palestinain state to be formed then they can finally have their front lines and their holy war. They both want it, otherwise the negotiations would begin. Now I still believe that Israel is too strict in it's repression of Arabs into their lives. If they were not so fearful and hateful to the Arabs than the violence will stop because the motives will finally be gone. All one needs to do to fight terror is to make it so no terror needs to be committed, not so that no terror can be committed. You can never stop terrorism just like you can never stop the war on drugs. You See??????

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I don't think you're an anti-semite, but I think you're slightly confused.

There are old men there, with Nazi Bar-codes tatooted to their arms. Having to put up with teenagers shooting at them because they are living in the place they were kicked out of nearly 1500 years ago.

The muslims own no right to Israel especially, nor any land near it, for that once belonged all to the Hebrews, and it is theirs by religion, by history, and by blood.

Palestinians are now guests, they should act more like it.

And the Palestinian I know here, is a very homely man, and always helping neighbors build stuff.

So why is it Palestinians over there blow themselves up left and right? I bet if you look at political agendas of surrounding nations you'll see why.

They are pawns, Arrafat learned this just lately, and I think it pissed him off, but now he's lost so much clout, nothing in the world he could do to stop it.

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I understand the position the Palestinian suicide bomber has in the politics of nations like Jordan and Saudi Arabia, I understand that very well. I know that those contries and others around it kept the Palestinians from entering their countries because of the Palestinain desire for political destiny. Those countries realized that instead of taking all the weight of this outcasted group of Arabs, they could just dump it on Israel. So if these Palestinains were rejected by the rest of the Arab World than how could they be their complicant pawns?????? The fact is they are no one's pawn and that's the reason they are so politically independent, because they want INDEPENDENCE. They want a PALESTINE, NOT A WEST BANK OR A TINY S*IT WHOLE CALLED GAZA. So to say they are working for anyone but themselves is stupid, especially if they are killing themseves. I mean think about it, why would someone who is trying to fight to gain something for another country decide to kill himself while murdering others if he hadn't already decieded to do so in the first place. I mean it's not like they go to the different agencies outside Israel and find out that they are going to take their own lives in their method of attack. They already know this and they can't allow another to make these decisions, for not one would allow another person to make that decision in the first place. Would you???? Would you let someone convince you to kill yourelf to benefit them and maybe your people in the process???? No I didn't think so. So what do you think they are straping bombs on their chests for, because they are political, because the are agents, because the are religious??????? No it is because the are hungry, suffering, and sick and tired of it all. That's why. Please don't try and dispute that the Palestinian suffers, because it is cold hard fact.

[Edited on 8-3-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

[Edited on 8-3-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

[Edited on 9-3-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 06:15 AM
link   
If we step aside from wondering what "banning" a weapon will ever achieve, then the singularly nasty (though effective, because it is so nasty) flechette anti-personnel weapon has never been banned ( arguably, however, its indiscriminate nature might make it "illegal" by some interpretations of international law concerning warfare: basically, that the flechette makes it impossible to distinguish between enemy combatants and non-combatant civilians).
The israelis do use them: an informative link here: www.btselem.org...

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
The politics involved is not that the neighbors around Israel were afraid that the "Palestinians" would look to have their own "homeland" in their country, but that the "Palestinians" were to be used as leverage against Israel, to eventually destroy her.
There is no, nor has there ever been a Palestine" from which these "Palestinians" came.

These people that are willing to blow themselves and innocent Israelis to bits are "uselfull idiots" used by those whose one desire is the end of the Israeli nation and the subjugation and slaughter of the Jewish people.

Make no mistake, believe no lie.

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The Palestinian regardless was and still is considered an outcast.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   
The "Palestinians" were not an outcast, not until they were to be used as leverage against the Jews.
Let's not tweak history. The predicament the "Palestinians" are in can be blamed squarely on their brother Arabs.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hammerite
How many of you check out a fine peice of foxy lady and see her explode? Israelis see this probably twice a week, if not twice a day.

My my... I believe we have witnessed the return of Mr. Free Mason. I may be wrong, please correct me if I am, but you seem to be he, returned after a controversial banning. Yes?

In regards to the topic: be wary of stating claims based on an indigenous people's right to land on religion and blood... else we may need to redraw much of the world's maps, including this United States. There are other more rational means for which to offer the region to those of Jewish genealogy than elder religious claims.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Simply put, Israel belongs to the Jews just as the rest of the Arab world belongs to the Muslims. As a matter of fact, while the Arabs don't complain about national boundaries anywhere else in the region, Israel did not even receive all that she was suppose to, and then the Arabs attacked her and stole some of what little she did get.

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Did anyone see where the "flechettes" went?

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   
hold alligiance to one people?????

posted on Mar, 12 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
would concentrate more towards creating a palestinian state, and less on destroying Isreal, then maybe, just maybe, they'd actually have a homeland...

They could have had this recently, but 90% of their demands being met, simply wasn't good enough for them! If they'd spend their time, money, and effort on building schools instead of armories, then maybe, just maybe they could have a decent life. They've chosen their beds, they should lie in them....

new topics

top topics

join