It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Princeton EGG Color OFF THE CHARTS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HighDefinitionFilms

What the chart suggests to me is that "we" are having a greater effect on the random number generators? Is that feasable?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the writers of "Lost" got their idea for the Dharma Initiative from some flavor of this field of research. However, I do think the video linked in my previous post gives an "alternate" explanation of what's being discussed here, a "layman's" explanation if you will for those that are confused.

Also, have any of you ever heard of "Hardy's Paradox" of quantum mechanics? If not, I suggest you check it out. The basic premise is that the observer changes the observed, and thus can change the outcome of reality, theoretically speaking of course. Here is a decent article on this phenomenon:

www.sciencedaily.com...

It's pretty darn fascinating if you ask me. With all of the horrible stuff going on in the world today which is immediately observable through media the world over, I think people are getting progressively disgusted with what's happening and deep down inside they (we) all want something extraordinary to happen to basically "reset" humanity and are effectively changing reality on a subconscious level to some epic life-changing event. The Princeton EGG is possibly just one way to gauge this fact.

Maybe something BIG is coming, what that may be, I have no idea...

At any rate, it never ceases to amaze me how much physics and metaphysics converge on so many levels, some day scientists will have to admit that maybe there is more to all of this than just raw science.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by djlaeon]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Yes.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by djlaeon
reply to post by mrwiffler

Yeah, the more I read this thread, it sounds like something straight out of the "Lost" TV show...

This Dharma Initiative video basically sums up what is being discussed here for those that are still confused

www.youtube.com...

Remember these secret numbers: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42 ha!

[edit on 6-5-2010 by djlaeon]

i hate to do this, i mean i really do because it makes me look like either a jack ass or just an idiot,

but i really don't understand how that video related to this thread...

could you just maybe clarify in aparagraph or so?

again, i don't mean to be an idiot, but could anyone explain to me just how 'information' could be gathered from multiple random number generators? what is the nature of that information and how could you possibly take random numbers and get something from them? i get the idea that perhaps the random numbers being generated could be manipulated by the conciousness of surounding people and what not

not trying to be rude, i've checked out the links and explanations from people in this thread, this is the first time i've heard of this 'random number generator 'EGG' machine' and what not
and to be quite honest i either am missing some fundamental understanding, or this whole thing is just another scam

and i mean that in complete constructive criticism, please don't take it the wrong way, i'm stumped!

[edit on 5/6/2010 by indigothefish]

[edit on 5/6/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What was I thinking?

Huh?

I was thinking that the graph of trending about baseline I posted, along with the readings and sounds that day, made a clear expression of impending novelty!

What is the problem with my title?

Is it not expressing anomalies recently?

Explain please...

/:/:/:/

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   
The acknowledgement that human thought can manifest into 3 dimensional is becoming inescapable for an ever increasing number of people.

What I predict is that the extent of the manifestation shall grow with increasing acceptence.

I have believed for 12 years that WW III will be between those who prefer destruction versus those who aspire to ascension.

I would like to believe I was drawn to ATS to be part of a kernel of positivity that will go viral.

If we can influence atoms, imagine what we can do to each other's minds.

Visualize love

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

No, your not being stupid. It seems as though people are confused as to what these experiments mean.

The basic idea is that it has been discovered that people somehow effect the output of these RNG's making them less random than they should be. These are rigorously constructed and calibrated machines that should be perfectly random but people's thoughts and feelings somehow mess with their output.

The graphs that you see are a way of displaying the machines deviation from a random signal. There are many ways used to display the non randomness of the signal and while these graphs and other visual aids are quite simple, they require a kind of lengthy explanation as to how they work. I'll have a go at explanation in another post.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by mrwiffler]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Is there a graph for yesterday that I am missing? I am looking at the Realtime DOT right now and it doesn't seem to suggest anything out of the norm?

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Basically you've leapt into my favourite subject with absolutely no explanation as to what you are talking about. To understand what these experiments mean you need a thorough introduction to the concepts and the technology involved which unfortunately you have not provided in your opening statement or the links provided.

On the one hand I am glad you have brought the subject to peoples attention but on the other I am dismayed that you have presented it in such a confused manner. Open minded people with a scientific background would do well to look into this subject but they are all going to run screaming from this thread due to fear of it being a bunch of ultra-hippy garbage, which it most definitely is not.

Though in your defense it must be pointed out that this Global Consciousness Project are doing a terrible job at explaining themselves. The original work at Princeton was much less hippy and vague sounding.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by mrwiffler]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mrmerak
The Nikkei is down 348 points at the moment. Could it be that the activity recorded by the Eggs portends a crash of the Dow? Probably not but who knows.

I was right! Posted the above on the 5th the day before. I still think the "EGGS" may portend part 2 of a double dip recession which may be worse than part 1.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I'll reiterate, this phenomenon is not unfounded. To the contrary, there is scientific proof from the field quantum theory that people (observers) can have a direct impact on reality. The fact that sensitive instruments that produce random numbers can be made less random by people is just the tip of the iceberg. This oberserver-affects-reality paradigm still baffles most scientists today, and rightly so.

Again, if you take the time to read this article, it will become quite clear that we have a direct impact on this world (not just random numbers) through our consciousness whether intended or unintended:

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

To prevent people reading this thread from thinking that what is being discussed here is complete metaphysical smoke and mirrors, here is a short video that gives more scientific proof that humans do affect reality and each other:

www.youtube.com...

Read the synopsis for Dr. Emoto's book for some more back info about the video:

search.barnesandnoble.com...

I think the work Dr. Emoto did is remarkable and just shows how simple things like saying "Thank You" to someone can have an affect on them whether they know it or not.

[edit on 7-5-2010 by djlaeon]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   

i see, so basically the random numbers that are being generated are showing signs that they are being minipulated somehow by outside sources

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrmerak

The RNG's went crazy a day before the stock market had hiccups.

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   
based on this link

Significantly small network variance. Suggestive of deeply shared, internally motivated group focus. The index is above 95%

Small network variance. Probably chance fluctuation. The index is between 90% and 95%

Normally random network variance. This is average or expected behavior. The index is between 40% and 90%

Slightly increased network variance. Probably chance fluctuation. The index is between 10% and 40%

Strongly increased network variance. May be chance fluctuation, with the index between 5% and 10%

Significantly large network variance. Suggests broadly shared coherence of thought and emotion. The index is less than 5%

based on this link of information, from the global conciousness project dot site, i have to surmise that the way, and probably the only way, that they discen the numbers to be impacted by outside forces must be simply their 'variance'
as this is the word they use to describe different levels in their chart scheme

what exactly do they mean by variance? are they comparing resulting numbers and gguestimating that 'alike' numbers are 'generated' by large amounts of people who are simply 'thinking on the same page' or 'anticipating the same event' or 'feeling the same emotion after an event' ?

this is the logical conclusion i have made thus far.. on the right track?

as for people effected their reality with their mind,
yes, it's real, you can impact your whole reality just through your thought alone, through how you percieve your personal version of 'what's real' to actually 'minipulating' physical and nonphysical things in your own and other's realities

i know there is evidence scientifically to back this up, and i am a strong beleiver myself of these things, so to hear that a person can manipulate a random number generator is not far fetched, if you wanted to you could ask a PERSON to think up a 'random' number, if you concentrate hard enough you can 'project' a number into their mind that they will grasp at and come up with, so i am not a 'non beleiver' of mind effected matter...

i just think, and again, not to be a jerk, that having random number generators around the world wouldn't be much of a scientific experiment, because the resulting numbers would be impossible to decipher if there actually WAS any minipulation involved, all in all there is a probability for every outcome that could happen, perhaps THAT is the 'variance' they speak of on their site? a 'variance' of results from one spectrum (high probability outcome) to the other spectrum (low probability spectrum)

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

[edit on 5/7/2010 by indigothefish]

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by HighDefinitionFilms

It is a way to, in a way, express novelty as per Timewave theory
by using random number generators to see if there is some type
of pattern beyond the coin toss mean one would expect of 50/50

Like Web Bot, which uses language to predict novelty,
this uses randomness- entropy.

Linked to mass collective energy, I think...

I wrote a program with a similar idea in mind about 10 years ago when I was studying computer languages and interactive media. Not to study Timewave theory but to see if the human mind could effect the outcome of a coin toss using random number generation.

I found no firm evidence that would support a positive result. I never really got anything above 60%... irregardless of the amount of coin tosses.

I know it's a little off topic but I thought I'd share that with you anyway

IRM

posted on May, 7 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
I found no firm evidence that would support a positive result. I never really got anything above 60%... irregardless of the amount of coin tosses.

I would think based on the findings that proximity to the device is non of importance therefore it would work on a very different paradigm than we are used to - perhaps at a quantum level and thus the energy put in to the system by millions and billions of people would make only slight changes. It wouldn't surprise me then that a single person would have no substantial effect.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

I remember reading about this study and finding myself in awe.

A lot of good literature now surrounding PEAR.

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

What computer languages would those be exactly? I don't want this to turn out to be an accolade orgy, I'm just curious...

Also, I'll apologize up front for being a grammar Nazi but, "irregardless" is not a word...

irregardlessisnotaword.org...

You've left yourself open to an ad hominem my friend, but I'll let it slide this time...

[edit on 9-5-2010 by djlaeon]

posted on May, 9 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

Okay, I'll push scientific evidence out the door and leave you with something more spiritually profound. Maybe, just maybe, we'll have an epiphany here...

1. The Principle of Mentalism

"THE ALL IS MIND; The Universe is Mental."--The Kybalion.

This Principle embodies the truth that "All is Mind." It explains that THE ALL (which is the Substantial Reality underlying all the outward manifestations and appearances which we know under the terms of "The Material Universe"; the "Phenomena of Life"; "Matter"; "Energy"; and, in short, all that is apparent to our material senses) is SPIRIT which in itself is UNKNOWABLE and UNDEFINABLE, but which may be considered and thought of as AN UNIVERSAL, INFINITE, LIVING MIND. It also explains that all the phenomenal world or universe is simply a Mental Creation of THE ALL, subject to the Laws of Created Things, and that the universe, as a whole, and in its parts or units, has its existence in the Mind of THE ALL, in which Mind we "live and move and have our being." This Principle, by establishing the Mental Nature of the Universe, easily explains all of the varied mental and psychic phenomena that occupy such a large portion of the public attention, and which, without such explanation, are non-understandable and defy scientific treatment. An understanding of this great Hermetic Principle of Mentalism enables the individual to readily grasp the laws of the Mental Universe, and to apply the same to his well-being and advancement. The Hermetic Student is enabled to apply intelligently the great Mental Laws, instead of using them in a haphazard manner. With the Master-Key in his possession, the student may unlock the many doors of the mental and psychic temple of knowledge, and enter the same freely and intelligently. This Principle explains the true nature of "Energy," "Power," and "Matter," and why and how all these are subordinate to the Mastery of Mind. One of the old Hermetic Masters wrote, long ages ago: "He who grasps the truth of the Mental Nature of the Universe is well advanced on The Path to Mastery." And these words are as true today as at the time they were first written. Without this Master-Key, Mastery is impossible, and the student knocks in vain at the many doors of The Temple.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join