It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Princeton EGG Color OFF THE CHARTS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I see this as the precursor to Web Bot...

We all know about it...

But are aware of the trend?

From their site:

Um- a million to one against?

I will take those odds next week for the Preakness trifecta...

/./././././

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I meant to include this graph actually:

Sorry

-0-0-0-0-

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
No offense, perhaps I'm missing something, but that site makes absolutely no sense to me.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It is a way to, in a way, express novelty as per Timewave theory
by using random number generators to see if there is some type
of pattern beyond the coin toss mean one would expect of 50/50

Like Web Bot, which uses language to predict novelty,
this uses randomness- entropy.

Linked to mass collective energy, I think...

HD

/./././

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
That's freakin scary.

Didn't it do that right before the 9-11 attacks?

Something BIG is going down real soon!

It's time to get your SHTF kits together everyone.

Edit to add:

I checked it out and it did start to go up slightly just before the 9-11 attacks and then went off the charts in the days following the attacks.

CORRELATIONS OF CONTINUOUS RANDOM DATA WITH MAJOR WORLD EVENTS

[edit on 5/5/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
i am having a seriously hard time understanding what this is

so are they saying there are computers all around the world that are just coming up with random numbers at given times, and somehow the resulting cash of numbers will mean something?

another thing i don't understand, how is there a 'chart'? how exactly does one 'chart' the results of multiple random generators? i just don't get what i'm looking at, and the site itself might as well be written in another language haha

help me out

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Maybe this will help-

FROM THE WEBSITE OF THE GLOBAL CONSCIOUSNESS PROJECT

"This is an introduction of the technology and procedures we use in our effort to measure global consciousness. There are links to pages with more detail for those who are interested.

We use devices called random event generators (REG) that usually produce a continuous sequence of completely unpredictable numbers which can be recorded in computer files. Experiments have shown that human consciousness can make the string of numbers slightly non-random when people hold intentions to do so, or when there is a special state of coherent group consciousness. The difference is very small, but statistical analysis demonstrates that this correlation of the REG behavior with something about consciousness is real. It is as if our wishes could change the 50/50 odds of a coin flip ever so slightly.

It turns out that this small effect of consciousness on the electronic REG isn't diminished by distance or shielding, so it apparently isn't brought about by something physical like temperature changes, or sound waves, or electromagnetic radiation. Instead it seems that information is the important thing. The data that we collect is changed from an expected random condition to a a slightly structured condition, detectable by statistical tests. Such structure implies that the numbers are not completely unpredictable, and that we can expect to see trends or patterns that should not appear in truly random data.

The Global Consciousness Project is a natural extension of laboratory experiments and field measurements of group consciousness, which show that that resonance and coherence of focus can produce structure in the REG data. It uses a network of "eggs" hosted by people around the world. The eggs are computers running software to collect a 200-bit sample once per second from an attached REG, and to send the data over the internet to a server where it is archived and analysed. We examine the unfolding array of data to see whether it is random, or if there is evidence of structure that corresponds to major events in the world's consciousness.

Results from statistical tests of this question confirm the basic hypothesis that powerfully engaging events will affect our measurement system, the network of eggs. In a majority of cases, the data do show a deviation from the chance expectation for random numbers, in accord with our predictions, and the overall accumulation over dozens of individual tests is highly significant. It is good evidence for an anomalous effect that is correlated with events in the world, and it may be evidence for an evanescent global consciousness."

MAKE ANY SENSE?

Hope so...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I thought they turned the EGGs off a while back? Apparently not.

Anyway i very much understand the Princeton EGG situation, but the graph you linked isn't making sense to me.

Are you basically saying that the graph is showing that many of the EGGs are recording abnormally high readings at the moment?

A HUGE CME just went off on the sun, i wonder if it is linked to that and the effect it is about to have on the Earth?

EDIT TO ADD: This is the screen i watch EGG chart - listen for the big noises!

Basically, the more big readings and large noises you hear, the more abnormal and therefore significant the readings.

Watching it now, it seems only slightly higher than normal, though in saying that i guess technically it is the most active i have seen it.

Just as i write this i just saw the 2 biggest readings i have ever seen (two 19.22 readings) back-to-back on two different stations. Interesting.

The average reading is under 5.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by srsen]

[edit on 5-5-2010 by srsen]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
What is not clear to me is if there are other "significant" deviations like what happened on 9/11.
If I understand that we are experiencing a similar occurrence now, how long have the numbers been outside of predictable parameters?
Have any others analyzed this data?
Is there any way to look at the data stream to see how 9/11 affected same?
Anyway, very interesting.
thanks.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
What is not clear to me is if there are other "significant" deviations like what happened on 9/11.

Is there any way to look at the data stream to see how 9/11 affected same?
Anyway, very interesting.
thanks.

Check out page 6 for the results from 9-11.

CORRELATIONS OF CONTINUOUS RANDOM DATA WITH MAJOR WORLD EVENTS

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Stewie

As i understand it, the 911 example is used regularly because it was significant and everyone knows bout 911.

It is based on the principle that humans can perceive future events subconsciously and that, as a global consciousness, this awareness of future events can be mapped. The EGGs attempt to map this.

So it is suggested that when the EGGs start 'going off' it is a sign that for some reason, much of the global consciousness is unknowingly 'reacting' to something in our near future.

Today's readings seem more 'out there' than i have seen before, but this is no guarantee that some event is coming - though it is no guarantee that something isn't either.

The oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico could be causing it too...?

Anyway, for 911, the EGGs started reacting prior to the event, if im not mistaken, less than 24 hours before the event. The readings were undeniable - very high, very obvious. I never watched the EGGs back then so can't compare to today's activity.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Thank you.
I am wondering what the actual data stream looks like, before it is compiled and analyzed and graphed.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

From my reading of the graph, the deviation seemed to begin a few hours before the planes actually hit the towers. How the data correlates to exactly when people were gradually made aware of the event is unknown to me.
I am curious about the data stream being sent to Princeton, what exactly does it look like?
I would like to analyze the "deviation" aside from the norm, if you know what I mean.
I am not sure I do, lol!

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The Nikkei is down 348 points at the moment. Could it be that the activity recorded by the Eggs portends a crash of the Dow? Probably not but who knows.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
It did spike one day before 9-11. It also spiked when art bell had his audience try to influence it. Thanks for posting this . Hopefully its wrong this time.

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
So why doesn't Muslims praying at a certain time every single day effect things like this?

Also, if our consciousness can effect it prior to an event, then wouldn't that lend credence to consciousness existing outside of time?

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Highdefinitionfilms...what were you thinking? Trying to introduce this subject by saying "Princeton EGG Color OFF THE CHARTS" is diabolically confusing. Anyone who wants to understand what this is all about should have a look at the original work at princeton here:

www.princeton.edu...

The following is my bumbling summary of how this all started.

Robert Jahn, dean of engineering at princeton was confronted with the fact that a random number generator(RNG) that he built, which is basically the "atomic clock" of RNG's became slightly less random when people sat in front of a computer and tried to change, with their minds, the readout generated from the device.

A young psycology student had wanted to see if people could influence random systems with their minds as part of her psychology course and since no one at princeton would help her perform the experiment Jahn, being a good guy, said he'd do it as it would be a good opportunity to put the silly idea of "mind over matter" to rest for once and for all, thinking that since he would construct and run the trial within the stringent protocols used in the physical sciences it would surely fail to show any positive results. (He was a total skeptic of course, being the dean of engineering. )

Anyhow, people were found to be able to produce a measurable and repeatable deviation in randomness in the output of his device. Being the hard nosed engineer that he was(he actually wrote the book on rocket science...no really) he had to accept the results of his experiment at face value and is now an ardent supporter of the idea that consciousness is an objective force of some sort, one that exists apart from all the known forces. It is worth mentioning that him and his team ran enormous numbers of tests over a period of three decades and the results were consistently positive and repeatable.

Read his papers. Regardless of your stance toward such an idea his work is undeniably thorough and very hard to explain away. A famous physicist (I forget who)once said something to the effect that given the choice of believing that Jahn was wrong or crazy, he would have to say he had gone crazy...he couldn't accept that Jahn could be wrong.

Anyhow. Have fun.

[edit on 6-5-2010 by mrwiffler]

[edit on 6-5-2010 by mrwiffler]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Why does all of this sound a lot like what the fictitious Dharma Initiative was experimenting with using the Valenzetti Equation in the alternative reality game "Lost Experience" based on the TV show "Lost"?

[edit on 6-5-2010 by djlaeon]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwiffler

Yeah, the more I read this thread, it sounds like something straight out of the "Lost" TV show...

This Dharma Initiative video basically sums up what is being discussed here for those that are still confused

www.youtube.com...

Remember these secret numbers: 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42 ha!

[edit on 6-5-2010 by djlaeon]

posted on May, 6 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by djlaeon

Where do you think TV writers get their ideas?

The GCP is just the most well-known in a long line of similar experiments. Read through this paper for some background. Be sure to check the citations and check out some of those experiments as well.

Time Reversed

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join