It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the news not reporting what is happening on the texas border?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
A friend of mine alerted me the other day that her husband's family who live on the Texas border are in the midst of a very very scary situation. Mexican drug cartel members are launching RPGs over the border and also crossing and abducting people. This has been going on since the weekend and not one peep of it in the news. Why?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
They won't pay attention unless people start shooting back.

How can we be expected to believe in a war on terror, or fighting for America when they clearly don't care about even their own borders.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

They've been doing it for years. Non-coverage is just one of the perils of living in a society that embraces "political correctness" at any cost.

There's no way to paint the situation as anything other than "Mexican drug cartels attacking innocent ranchers with heavy weapons" thus, you do not see any news outlet touch it.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

I know bad stuff is happening, but can you post your source(s) please?
Is it Ft. Hancock???

Who what when where why.....

[edit on 5-5-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
A simple answer maybe that they don't want to upset latino voters by getting involved in a cross border war. Sounds crazy??!!?? Well, those of us in California know that politicians will do just about anything to capture this growing segment of the voting population. I don't think that this is true about state government in Texas, Im sure that it is on the minds of the federal government as they try to keep power.

Illegal Immigrants Are Voting in American Elections
Link to External News Story

Thousands of non-citizens are registered to vote in some states, and tens if not hundreds of thousands in total may be present on the voter rolls nationwide. These numbers are significant: Local elections are often decided by only a handful of votes, and even national elections have likely been within the margin of the number of non-citizens ille gally registered to vote.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

They are to busy creating oil spills.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Sigh.....
It's not political correctness.
It's not potential voters.
It's about not upsetting the flow of cheap labor for corporate America.
You know, corporate America, like corporate media?
The multi faceted corporations that own many interests?
When you can't outsource the job, you import cheap labor, non union, no benifiet, sub minimum wage labor.
As long a you bicker about stupid "PC" and which side wants Latino votes and other non issues, you will never understand this issue.
It's not ideological, it's economic.
Cheap labor = maximum profit

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Why would they do a silly thing like that? Then the population might make some noise over Obama's proposed border security budget cuts, and we can't have that.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
A friend of mine alerted me the other day that her husband's family who live on the Texas border are in the midst of a very very scary situation. Mexican drug cartel members are launching RPGs over the border and also crossing and abducting people. This has been going on since the weekend and not one peep of it in the news. Why?

Who is it that they are abducting ?

".... launching RPGs over the border "

Camcorder footage ?

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oreyeon
A friend of mine alerted me the other day that her husband's family who live on the Texas border

I'm going to need a little more evidence than hearsay from a third (fouth?) party. Why is it so many negative things about the administration are taken on faith and immediately harped on, but even posters in the UFO threads demand more credible sources than this

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldDragger

Sigh.....
It's not political correctness.
It's not potential voters.
It's about not upsetting the flow of cheap labor for corporate America.
You know, corporate America, like corporate media?
The multi faceted corporations that own many interests?
When you can't outsource the job, you import cheap labor, non union, no benifiet, sub minimum wage labor.
As long a you bicker about stupid "PC" and which side wants Latino votes and other non issues, you will never understand this issue.
It's not ideological, it's economic.
Cheap labor = maximum profit

Oh Really??? Thanks for letting the rest of us with our stupid opinions know the truth. Of course it is also about cheap labor. But, just as profitable is using illegals to stuff ballot boxes. That is not a concern to you? I've seen a million news stories about big business and their use of cheap labor. I have seen a million marches on TV about discrimination and the illegal immigrant community. But I have never heard of a politician on the MSM saying that they would not take a vote cast by a non american voter.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

We've had the same thing happen here in New Mexico... but reporters have been killed threatened or simply bought off...paid not to print these stories... you do know you take your life in your own hands if you do...

I wish your friends and family well and good luck, as for my family we're moving

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I tend to believe this because it fits so perfectly.
It's not even about cheap labor. It's about the destruction of America.
Starting with the middle class. They want us gone why would they
announce what is only the beginning. They don't care about what so
many died to ensure this country would become. We have nothing but
enemies in Washington. Nothing but enemies in the media. Now we
have enemies that are about to breach the gates. Still we (the American people) do nothing.

It's pretty much all over but the cry'in.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
You guys missed the mark on this.

The don't Report it, because they can't Stop it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You will only see things in the MSM that puts the Gov in a "good light".

If it gets out , the truth, The masses in the US will lose the little faith

they have left in Gov.

No reported Story..

No Bad news.

Nothing to see here America, Dancing with the Stars is on.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by OldDragger

It's not even about cheap labor. It's about the destruction of America.
Starting with the middle class. They want us gone why would they
announce what is only the beginning. They don't care about what so
many died to ensure this country would become. We have nothing but
enemies in Washington. Nothing but enemies in the media. Now we
have enemies that are about to breach the gates. Still we (the American people) do nothing.

It's pretty much all over but the cry'in.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by randyvs]

Much support for your thread. This is the real truth of all of this. We are being left out to dry. I believe that even WalMart is less of a threat than the Federal Government is. They dont seem to care sitting in there White Houses far away from the border.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
The flooding in Nashville is an absolute disaster........I mean it's amazing. Yet very little coverage on the news. Bits and pieces. I still can't believe how little coverage the flooding has gotten. It's mind boggling the flooding that has gone on in TN.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Maybe this is all part of their plan. Just leave the situation escalate and then call in UN troops to peacekeep on the borders.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

We have a WINNER!!

It's not about any of the rationalizations- cheap labor, spineless/ hapless/ weak- not even pandering, politicians. Or "bipartisanship"/ "working within the system we have" It's about destabilizing the country, bankrupting it and literally changing the form of government. It is the lowest, most deadly form of corruption disguised as benevolence and generosity.
But I bet you suspected that already.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

To be more specific it's about destroying the American middle class. The rich will always be immune to these changes and the poor? well they have little to lose and everything to gain from a government that will manipulate and use them as fodder. It's the middle class the government needs to break.....and they are doing it.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Honestly, I think the MSM doesn't really report things that happen on the Mexican border because it is at the point to where the government can't do anything about it. Unless they pull all of the armed forces out of the various countries and line them up along the border, I don't see the situation getting any better. The federal government let this get this bad and let it go on too long without really trying to do anything (and its not like they will try anything now), so now it is at the point to where they really can't do a damned thing about it. And it really is sad too, because, over the next few years, the drug violence will just creep even further and further north to the point that it won't be mainly located in border states, but it will be in most of the southern and south-western US.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join