It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Codex Alimentarius Conference attempting to make non-GMO labels illegal worldwide

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on May, 4 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I just received an email from naturalnews discussing the following:

... protect your right to know which foods are made from genetically modified organisms (GMOs). Send an email today to the Secretaries of State (Clinton), Agriculture (Vilsack), and Health and Human Services (Sebelius).

They must stop US negotiators at an international (Codex) conference from May 3-7, from pushing an agenda that could make it difficult for anyone, anywhere in the world to label foods as genetically modified (GM) food—or even make non-GMO claims on their product’s label.

The US is taking the ridiculous and unscientific position that GMOs are not different from conventional foods, claiming labels that say GMO or non-GMO are misleading.

If they succeed at the meeting, the US may then file lawsuits through the World Trade Organization against any country that implements mandatory labeling of GMOs, or even allows non-GMO claims on packages.

This is a grave threat to the Non-GMO Tipping Point—We must push back now!

The growing evidence and concern about health dangers of GMOs is making waves. A renowned US Medical organization (American Academy of Environmental Medicine) called on doctors to prescribe non-GMO diets for all patients. Consumers are seeking non-GMO brands, and the fastest growing claim among store brands in 2009 was "GMO-Free" (Neilson Survey). The trade journal Supermarket News predicts GMO concerns will erupt this year, specifically because consumers are now given choices by the new Non-GMO Shopping Guide website, and the new, and the Non-GMO Project’s third-party verified standard for making non-GMO claims.

Most Americans (53%) say they would avoid GMOs if they were labeled. But even 5% would likely be enough to create a tipping point of consumer rejection, forcing all GM ingredients out of our food supply.

We can see the tipping point just over the horizon, but it is now threatened by the US position at Codex.
(retracted activism solicitation as per ATS T&C)

Action Alert - Codex Conference

I'm trying to figure out if this is true ... I did a search for "international codex conference" and all I could find that seemed to match the stated dates is a meeting in Luanda Angola.

www.fao.org...

So I need some help from you guys ...

1. Is what this article/solicitation saying true?
2. What conference is it referring to?

For the record, I like many of you am vehemently opposed to genetically modified organisms/food/seeds/etc ...

Thanks.

Important Topic Updates

A BIG thanks to HappilyEverAfter for providing substantiation for the above report ... it is indeed true! files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 4 May 2010 by schrodingers dog] extra DIV

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Related and worrying documentation:

FDA's new regulations won't allow non-GMO, GMO-free label

New regulations propose strict guidelines for voluntary labeling of non-GMO productsIn mid-January, the US Food and Drug Administration announced new regulations requiring biotechnology companies to consult with the FDA at least 120 days before marketing new GM foods. Previously, such consultations were voluntary. Biotech companies must provide health safety data about the new GM foods to the FDA, and the agency said it would make this information available on the Internet.

While biotechnology and food industry representatives praised the new regulations, consumer and environmental groups criticized them, saying they didn't go far enough, particularly in terms of labeling GM foods. The FDA rejected consumer demands for labeling.
May take legal action against companies

Notable for companies wanting to advertise products as non-genetically modified is the fact that the FDA says it will not allow labels like "GM-free," "GMO-Free" or "biotech-free." The agency says guaranteeing a product to be free of GM material is virtually impossible. Instead the labels will have to say the food was not produced through bioengineering. The FDA said it may take legal action against companies that violate these guidelines.

Recently, a U.S.-European biotechnology committee had recommended that the U.S. strengthen regulations on GM foods, including labeling. The Consumers Federation of America had also issued a report criticizing the current U.S. regulations. Editorials calling for labeling GM foods have appeared in major U.S. newspapers, including The Los Angeles Times, Boston Globe, Christian Science Monitor, and Des Moines Register in the past year.

(2001)

[edit on 4 May 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

With all the disturbing studies coming out about GMO foods, this really is scary.

I wonder if this is the way TPTB plan to go about their depopulation agenda.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
SD

I as well abhor the fact that our food is being tampered with.

The Codex principles of risk analysis, particularly those for risk assessment, are primarily intended to apply to discrete chemical entities, such as food additives and pesticide residues, or a specific chemical or microbial contaminant that have identifiable hazards and risks; they are not intended to apply to whole foods as such.

Indeed, few foods have been assessed scientifically in a manner that would fully characterize all risks associated with the food.

Further, many foods contain substances that would probably be found harmful if subjected to conventional approaches to safety testing.
Thus, a more focused approach is required where the safety of a whole food is being considered.

www.codexalimentarius.net...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
www.codexalimentarius.net...

5-3-2010 to 5-7-2010
38 session meeting on going now in Quebec Canada.
Here's the Agenda

Agenda Item 1 CX/FL 10/38/1
JOINT FAO/WHO FOOD STANDARDS PROGRAMME
CODEX COMMITTEE ON FOOD LABELLING
Thirty-eighth Session
Québec City, Québec, Canada, 3 - 7 May 2010
To be held at the Québec City Convention Centre, Level 2, Room 200A,
1000 René-Lévesque Boulevard East, Québec City, Québec, Canada
from Monday 3 May 2010 at 10.00 hours to Friday 7 May 2010
PROVISIONAL AGENDA
Item
Subject
Document
Opening of the session
Adoption of the agenda
CX/FL 10/38/1
Matters referred to the Committee
CX/FL 10/38/2
Consideration of labelling provisions in draft Codex standards
CX/FL 10/38/3
Implementation of the WHO Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity and Health
(a)
Proposed Draft Revision of the Guidelines on Nutrition Labelling (CAC/GL 2-1985) concerning the list of nutrients that are always declared on a voluntary or mandatory basis
CL 2009/15-FL
ALINORM 09/32/22, Appendix II
Comments at Step 3
CX/FL 10/38/4
CX/FL 10/38/4-Add.1
Report of the electronic working group on sodium (salt)
CX/FL 10/38/5
(b)
Discussion paper on issues related to mandatory nutrition labelling
CX/FL 10/38/6
CX/FL 10/38/6-Add.1
(c)
Proposed Draft Criteria/Principles for Legibility and Readability of Nutrition Labels
CL 2009/15-FL
ALINORM 09/32/22, Appendix III
Comments at step 3
CX/FL 10/38/7
CX/FL 10/38/7-Add.1
Report of the electronic working group, redrafted criteria/principles
CX/FL 10/38/8
CX/FL 10/38/8-Add.1
(d)
Discussion paper on labelling provisions dealing with the food ingredients identified in the Global Strategy on Diet, Physical Activity and Health
CX/FL 10/38/9
Guidelines for the Production, Processing, Labelling and Marketing of Organically Produced Foods
(a)
Annex 1: Inclusion of ethylene for Other Products
CL 2009/15-FL
ALINORM 09/32/22, Appendix IV
Comments at Step 6
CX/FL 10/38/10
CX/FL 10/38/10-Add.1
(b)
Discussion paper on a structured approach to the review of the Guidelines
CX/FL 10/38/11
Labelling of Foods and Food Ingredients Obtained through Certain Techniques of Genetic Modification / Genetic Engineering
(a)
Draft Amendment to the General Standard for the Labelling of Prepackaged Foods: Definitions (at Step 7)
ALINORM 09/32/22
Appendix VI
(b)
Proposed Draft Recommendations for the Labelling of Foods and Food Ingredients Obtained through Certain Techniques of Genetic Modification / Genetic Engineering
CL 2009/15-FL
ALINORM 09/32/22, Appendix VII
Comments at Step 3
CX/FL 10/38/12
CX/FL 10/38/12-Add.1
CX/FL 10/38/12-Add.2
Alignment of the General Standard for the Labelling of Prepackaged Foods (CODEX STAN 1-1985) with the Codex international numbering system in CAC/GL 36-1989
CL 2010/02-FL
Replies to CL 2010/02-FL
CX/FL 10/38/13
CX/FL 10/38/13-Add.1
Discussion paper on the need to amend the General Standard for the Labeling of Prepackaged Foods (CODEX STAN 1-1985) in line with OIML Recommendations regarding the declaration of the quantity of product in prepackages
CX/FL 10/38/14
Modified Standardized Common Names
CX/FL 09/37/13 as reference
CX/FL 10/38/20
Discussion paper on exchange of information between competent authorities when suspecting fraud concerning organic products
CX/FL 10/38/15
CX/FL 10/38/15-Add.1
Misleading naming of energy drinks
CX/FL 10/38/16
(a)
Other Business, Future Work and Date and Place of the Next Session
Proposal for new work to include spinosad, potassium bicarbonate and copper octanoate in Annex II, Table 2, of the Guidelines for production, processing, labelling and marketing of organically produced foods
CX/FL 10/38/17
CX/FL 10/38/17-Add.1
(b)
(c)
Proposal for new work on organic aquaculture
Proposal for new work
CX/FL 10/38/18
CX/FL 10/38/18-Add.1
CX/FL 10/38/19
Adoption of the Report

I'll keep looking SD

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
A good question to ask is How exactly will banning these GMO labels HELP consumers.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Oh thanks man, that is very helpful.

I uploaded the related pdf onto ATS media for review: files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

It looks like a world tour is in place culminating with the final stop in all places, Rome in December 2011.
Looks like they are going to all global regions and getting everything setup and then a final mandatory compliance takes effect beginning in 2012.
I keep trying to find the legislation hinted at to control home grown foods, as I plant ALOT.
The seeds are already coming under control so I've been doing my best to store and avoid.
Please keep me posted if in fact you do come across anything alarming,
interesting has already arrived and is here to stay for awhile.
Thank you.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Senz20
A good question to ask is How exactly will banning these GMO labels HELP consumers.

There's an entire section on labeling for review.
The disclaimer seems to be an area of concern as they are very unsure of effects on humans post consumption yet will not abandon this insane project.
The r DNA is producing mutations in both the plants and animals and theyre following it through their processes of manufacture,
theyre actually setting up testing areas (regions) where food is being introduced and theyre studying the effect on humans.
Theyve created 2 categories, predictable and nonpredicted.
The labeling restrictions are being put in place to create a blind double blind protocol.

In other words, if youve got a problem, good luck proving where it came from, only they will know the true answer, and you, will never know.

This insanity needs stopped.
Dig into it a bit, you'll be amazed at what is being done to food.
Soon it wont be food, at least not how it was intended.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Man this is scary,and yet another one of those laws that the giant biotech firms are happy to spend 20-30 years and billions of dollars on.

Sure public opinion may be against this at the moment,but they expect and plan for that.These companies do not think day to day or week to week like most of the masses.

Like the Vatican,they think and plan in decades and centuries.They believe that by constantly lobbying and funding governments,and at the same time steering public opinion;that one day this will pay off,and there will be no way to control what the individual is exposed to through the food they eat.

Control the food,and you control everything,essentially.

Including diseases,fertility,intelligence of the population,votes etc..

Remember,there are other systems to make counter attack/self preservation from GMOs a crime-Think HR 875,the Bill which could make growing your own organic produce to sell to friends a criminal offence.

thefinalhour.blogspot.com...

Of course there is a way around this-people no longer sell their home grown produce,they give or exchange it for services/other produce.

No big corp will ever be able to stop me from growing my own organic veg without violently surpressing my ability to do so-That I promise you.

Even then I would continue until they killed me,which would cost them alot of resources.

NO GMO.

Freedom to choose the non screwed up natural option is a right IMO.

They can take my non GMO,natural produce from my cold dead hands,as they say.

S+F big time.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

i plant my own food as well and i hate what is becoming of this world. i've thought for years how to solve these problems that we have and i came up with no solution. Between corrupt govts and millions of ignorant people there seems to be no place for someone with my ideologies. thats why i decided long ago to make it a goal in my life to get away from this all. i want to go out into a really really off grid place, build my own community, grow my own food. i want nothing to do with this world(except maybe have a ghetto little town with one gas station 2-5 hours away from me(driving) that way i can keep up with whats going on in the world without being part of it.) I'm working out the details and i realize this plan will take years maybe decades to achieve(i hope i have enough time) but i will put all my life force into this plan, cuz im sick of living in this society, eating this crap they call food and watching fools watch the zombie box(tv) and discuss movies. im sorry im done.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
It's time to start growing our own food. Just make sure you buy heirloom seeds(if you can find them, they are trying to ban those now) otherwise you will not be able to collect the seeds for future crops.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The Below is a comment I made sometime back when the FDA went after Diamond Almonds for some claims that it offered medicinal properties. We went round and round on this thing and Codex came up.

"So it doesn't matter what they put in the foods just so long as they don't make medicinal claims about it. So feel free to market poison as a by-product in our food just don't suggest it's good for anyone and the FDA will spend its time splitting hairs with admittedly healthy products - just not "as" healthy as they claim. got it! "

I mean that was quite the revelation for me but to see what I suspected coming about, the illegalization of non-GMO foods. Do you realize how difficult it is NOW to avoid GMO foods. All we are trying to do here is survive this thing and clearly they are ensuring that this is not an option which we will have at our disposal.

People before you head for the woods you need to get on some type of Pro-Biotic. You have most likely been exposed to Anti-Biotics and you will die with a quickness of Dysentery if you do not first fix your system, and they are counting on it.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste1001

you can buy them on ebay! yay

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

can you elaborate on pro biotic thing? i dont often visit doctor or take prescriptions. im sure ive taken anti biotics in my life time but its been awhile. like i said, i never go to the doctor.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by ponyboyats]

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ponyboyats
reply to post by WWJFKD

can you elaborate on pro biotic thing? i dont often visit doctor or take prescriptions. im sure ive taken anti biotics in my life time but its been awhile. like i said, i never go to the doctor.

[edit on 5-5-2010 by ponyboyats]

Okay, I'm no expert on the whole thing - I thought I was ready and got one helluva slap in the face after speaking with a hollistic doctor. It appears from what he shared with me that exposure to anti-biotics really do a number on your system and leave you open to exposure to Dysentery for example which he claims will come on quite quickly in the woods for instance. He says you have got to get your system in order before you stress it to what could be expected if bugging out for instance. This guy "got it" in everyway and cryptically was telling me how to survive if it is decided to bug out. I would recommend speaking with your local hollistic doctor and getting the knowledge first hand but my doctor was of the mind that they expected a good number of us to die of Dysentery shortly after we bug out.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by WWJFKD

interesting. thanks for sharing that, i will definitely have to work on that.. like i said it will take years but i will not stop until i achieve that. its my dream in life.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD
He says you have got to get your system in order before you stress it to what could be expected if bugging out for instance. This guy "got it" in everyway and cryptically was telling me how to survive if it is decided to bug out. I would recommend speaking with your local hollistic doctor and getting the knowledge first hand but my doctor was of the mind that they expected a good number of us to die of Dysentery shortly after we bug out.

Can I ask what you mean by "bug out"? I mean absolutely no disrespect, but it is a very general term. Do you mean the meltdown as a nation, or... It's a bit hard to know what you mean by it.

On a side note, I completely agree that everyone should get probiotics. I have bought Kefir grains off eBay, so I "brew" my own just by buying goat's milk at the store next door. (I do not live in the US anymore, on a side note). Kefir is supposed to be one of the healthiest, immune-building foods you can consume, and I highly recommend anyone to research it.

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mr_marbles

this will be the last question I answer on the subject as it was not my intention to derail Schrods thread. "Bug out" means things have become so bad or dangerous that you feel you have no option but to evacuate your immediate area in favor of safer grounds, many less prepared will be retreating to the forest. I'm sorry Schrod...

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
It seems there's a concerted effort by the ptb to bury the truth while the Codex Conference is taking place:

YouTube censors video interview with Jeffrey Smith about GMOs

Within hours after posting our video interview with Jeffrey Smith, creator of Seeds of Deception and author of Genetic Roulette, YouTube pulled the video. Attempts to play the video are now met with the following message: "This video has been removed due to terms of use violation."

That is, of course, an outright lie.

This video features myself (the Health Ranger) talking with Jeffrey Smith about the health dangers of genetically modified organisms (GMOs) at the recent Health Freedom Expo. NaturalNews staff filmed the segment, and we used intro music legally licensed from a music production company. There was no violation of the YouTube terms of agreement.

I have to say on a personal note that I'm slightly surprised and somewhat disappointed at the lack of interest in this story by they ATS community.

This is happening RIGHT NOW under our noses ... they are going to make GMO foods unidentifiable to the consumer across the globe. If they succeed this policy will impact us all, yet so few seem to care.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join