It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

English to Be Replaced with Spanish in USA in 50 Years: Even the Russians are talking about it!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   

The biggest threat that illegal immigrants pose to the government is the change of the ethnic, racial and language balance. The Spanish-speaking population in the United States reaches the level of 15 percent, although the number was lower twice 25 years ago. Most likely, the image of white Anglo-Saxon Yankees will soon become outdated.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67eb3c61743e.jpg[/atsimg]

Millions of foreign aliens living in the United States have reminded the government of their existence again. Tens of thousands of people took part in a demonstration to reform the immigration system in the USA. The people demanded President Obama should legalize the presence of over 12 million people in the country.

When running in 2008, Obama promised to pay more attention to the issues of migration and the legalization of illegal population in the country. Many of them believe today that the head of state does not keep his promises. Millions of people say that they have been left to the mercy of fate.

The illegals have many problems to deal with. Their salaries are considerably lower than those of native Americans, whereas their work hours are longer – 10-12 hours a day. They do not have any rights for medical insurance or any other allowance. If a medical problem occurs, these people do not have to go anywhere. Social services will report the case to the police and a person will be deported from the country.

The US government is not thrilled about such future. The problem still remains unsolved: the number of illegals in the country has already exceeded 12 million, which makes up four percent of the country’s population and over five percent of the entire labor force. Up to 700,000 illegals arrive in the USA every year. About 57 percent of them come from Mexico, 24 percent – from Central and South America, 9 – from Asian states and six – from Europe. As a result, California has only 43 percent of indigenous population, although the number was 70 percent 40 years ago.
Source: english.pravda.ru...

Very interesting article and perspective from PRAVDA-a Russian news source. How come they can see the problem(s) and we here in the US fail to-or at least do anything about it.

The people demanding illegals get amnesty get more vocal and in our faces as each day passes. When will law abiding America stand up and do what is right?
We are headed to a Civil War if we don't get this matter dealt with. And giving away citizenships are not the answer. At the current rate, it won't be 50 years but a few less.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6d861a682dd0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
In 50 years, the forms of life that inhabit Earth won't be able to speak any word!

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Did you ever think the police want this stuff, more crimes is more money for them.

Things are never as cut or dry as you think. But nice thread, and is certainly open to question what will dominate.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
There are an awful lot of threads, talking white people not existing in the future. I sure hope that doesn’t happen. Most likely not, TPTB are mostly white so were safe.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I doubt it. There will be something more like Spanglish in the South West USA.

If you live there, just make sure to speak English as much as you can if you want to preserve it. If you don't live there and don't want to see this happen, move there and start speaking as much English as you can.

English itself is not anywhere near threatened. Especially written English. But I guess it could be threatened as the major language of the USA, but there is no way Spanish will totally replace English.

The whole English language is not just going to get 'replaced'. It just doesn't work that way. Mixed dialects may become common, and certain areas will probably become 'little mexico's' where spanish is largely the dominant language spoken there, but the title "English to be Replaced with Spanish in USA in 50 years" implies that the people that speak english now will just give up and start speaking spanish.

Languages just don't get 'replaced', they transform. There would have to be major social institutions that made it mandatory to learn spanish for an entire generation of americans in order to 'replace' english with spanish in 50 years.

Not happening.

The vast majority of the demographic still speak english, and I'm sure many of the immigrants know basic english as well.

I do think we probably need to ensure that everyone that comes into this country at least knows basic english, just for their safety and because of the english judicial system, etc. and because they are coming to America and they should be able to communicate with Americans, the vast majority of which speak English.

my 2c.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I don't know how anybody can even begin to think 50 years out right now. The rate things are going everything will be completely different in 10 years from now. Also didn't Pravada publish an article about how America isn't even going to be a country anymore in 50 years because we are going to be broken up into like 6 separate regions or something?

Besides the crack down on illegal immigration is coming.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

more crime doesn't mean more money for police.... I'm not sure what your getting at

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
There are an awful lot of threads, talking white people not existing in the future. I sure hope that doesn’t happen. Most likely not, TPTB are mostly white so were safe.

Dont worry, there are a lot of white hispanics, so if we replace you in the US, there will be enough whites

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I am 55 now,I won't be around another 50 years.
Besides,the Lord will probably be back before then.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

lol

english is in place for awhile...

we aren't going to be conquered by mexico or anything...we conquered them awhile ago.

if anything i could see us speaking part chinese in the worst scenario; but other than that i just think this is fearmongering connected to the immigration reform. yes, illegals should be deported, 'cuz they are illegal.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tylermbell

They are at war with us. A different kind of war. Actually a very, non-violent, peaceful war. And they are winning. The way this is being carried out is brilliant- from the illegal's side of things.

The US doesn't have the intestinal foritude to handle this matter-NOW. They will walk over us, starting in the Southwest. Even the legal people don't want them here. Now that is trouble.

top topics

join