It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thats strange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
dont you think its strange how like ten year ago the thought of aliens was laughable now we have people like Stephen saying that they pretty much are there but there evil there something fishy going on maybe they have made contact but they haven't told us its confusing anyone got any thoughts on the matter?

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobski
dont you think its strange how like ten year ago the thought of aliens was laughable now we have people like Stephen saying that they pretty much are there but there evil there something fishy going on maybe they have made contact but they haven't told us its confusing anyone got any thoughts on the matter?

It's not strange at all, because ten years ago the idea was not laughable. That is a myth among UFO believers that does not hold true under any objective examination of history.

Scientists asked the Navy to listen for alien signals from Mars in the 1920s. The first SETI experiment was conducted by Francis Drake in 1960. Carl Sagan discussed aliens on Cosmos in 1980. SETI@Home started in 1999.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I wonder if people are making more out of Hawking's comment than it really deserves. I don't know that his statements means he's a dyed-in-the-wool believer. As a theoretical physicist, I imagine he theorizes quite a bit, and the idea of intelligent alien life is a popular one.

It seems natural to me that at some point he'd comment on it, but I think lots of folks are now looking at the UFO phenomenon and idea of aliens through the lens of Hawking's comments--the idea being that "hey, this famous and well-respected scientist said something about aliens, so it must be true".

That said, I have noticed a pronounced uptick in terms of ufo/alien chat in American media in the past few weeks. I also got to thinking about the site visitation stats ATS released here the other day, revealing record numbers. Makes me wonder if there is "something in the wind".

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Considering we have life on THIS planet that can survive without sunlight, or without oxygen, in some cases without water (or extended periods of time), then I don't see how anyone can believe there isn't life out there somewhere. It may not be as complex as here, it may be more complex... who knows. But denying it all together would be dark ages mentality.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by bobski

No it is not strange at all. 10 years ago you could have posted this thread with whatever famous person was talking about aliens.

posted on 4-5-1974 @ 01:25 PM

dont you think its strange how like ten year ago the thought of aliens was laughable now we have people like Richard Nixon saying that they pretty much are there but there evil there something fishy going on maybe they have made contact but they haven't told us its confusing anyone got any thoughts on the matter?

"I'm not at liberty to discuss the government's knowledge of extraterrestrial UFO's at this time. I am still personally being briefed on the subject." -Richard Nixon

edit to add:

This is just a slight varriation of the Diclosure is happening soon thread, like this:

dont you think Disclosure is comming soon? ten year[s] ago the thought of aliens was laughable now we have people like Richard Nixon saying that they pretty much are there but there evil there something fishy going on maybe they have made contact but they haven't told us its confusing anyone got any thoughts on the matter?

[edit on 4-5-2010 by zaiger]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Oh yeah Stephen Hawking's educational backround does not make him exempt from what is expected from people saying that aliens are out there. We want proof anything less is just a theory and there is no difference between hawking saying it and a homeless guy.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well,I don't know where you came up with the 10 years ago idea.

It has been common knowledge to just regular folk that there are odd beings in strange craft visiting the planet.

Not in just one country or region but worldwide.

I have a hard time believing any statement released as being from Hawkings.

He is a complete invalid and has not spoken since 1985 which is a long time.

He is surrounded by a whole group of young assistants all very smart people.

I have always said and will continue to believe that his family is putting out these statements with the help of his assistants,to capitalize on his fame.

No,reporter can do a face to face interview with him.

You must submit a list of questions and then after a period of time you sit in a room with him while that weird computer voice answers the questions.

There is no way to know if it is his thoughts or beliefs,though every one assumes it to be.

I dismiss every thing that in recent years has been contributed to him.

Some recent "statements" even contradict what he stated in his earlier life when he could actually speak!

To my logical thought process it would be like believing every speech Obama read from a teleprompter,he wrote.

But of course 'logic"does not work in this "I want to believe" society.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by Oneolddude]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by bobski

ET's have been coming here a LOT longer than most people think.

Our species may even be ET, as in we didn't start out on this planet.

There is Ancient rock art around the world, baffling construction technology, that cannot even be replicated by us modern 'geniuses', going back 20,000 years or more, that depict strange aerial craft and odd looking beings.

There are texts from the indies that date back to possibly as long as 10 -15,000 years, and certainly as long as 6000 years ago, that go into great detail in their descriptions about flying machines, space craft, sonic weapons, nuclear weapons, air to air combat and a whole host of other things, including wars among gods from the sky.

These writings even list the materials required to build a flying vehicle, listing 16 different metals and alloys needed in their construction. They even have a flight training manual!

Then there are the texts from Sumer(ia), again from approximately 6000 years ago, that chronicle the visitation and interaction with a technological and space fairing race of ET's, (assumed again to be gods) they too go into great detail about our experience with those beings.

We have many intermediate reports and writings down through the intervening millenia, until we get to about 2000 years ago, and low and behold (pun intended) we have yet another god, visit and interact with us.
This one is probably the most famous and widely known, if not the most misunderstood of most of our visitors.

Others are scattered far and wide, all throughout history. The Renaissance period is littered with examples of flying discs and craft, European royalty through the centuries has written accounts of sightings of UFO's and the list goes on.

I already know ET's have exist in a technological capacity, and have done since i was able to reason. I don't need a pencil neck to draw me a picture, and neither do you.

new topics

top topics

join