It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Released documents on Kent State claims shots fired before national guard opened fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...[/im]]Article regarding Kent State and the recently released FBI files

Before the fatal volley, the ROTC cadet told the FBI, he "heard one round, a pause, two rounds, and then the M-1s opened up."

The report continued that the cadet "stated that the first three rounds were definitely not M-1s. He said they could possibly have been a .45 caliber. … [He] further stated that he heard confirmed reports of sniper fire coming in over both the National Guard radio and the state police radio."

This is interesting and sheds some new light on Kent State. Maybe the National Guard was more justified in discharging its weapons then originally thought. Maybe they opened fire for fear the crowd was armed and they were being fired upon.... I dont know if i believe it was justified, but i believe the guardsmen who fired genuinely thought they were in danger.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by truth?]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Sorry for all the above edits, im still learning how to use all the options and it looked stupid so i had to keep editing it.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Interesting article. You can still see the bullet hole in the famous sculpture in front of Taylor Hall. It was always said that the hole was proof that a shot came at the guardsmen base on the deformity of the steel in the sculpture. That theory was later "debunked" after conducting tests on steel plates of the same quality and dimensions.

A lot of unanswered question about Kent. One thing is certain though at that is the fact that outside agitators were present and were the probable culprits in the fires and trouble in the downtown area and in the burning of the ROTC building. Those events prompted the deployment of the National Guard to begin with.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Its true. One has to wonder if maybe the CIA was involved in some way...*shrugs* ive never heard that theory but it wouldnt surprise me. They were involved in EVERYTHING back then.

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I saw a ponytailed 60-something loser talking about how he "was shot at Kent State."

His claim to fame? Running, hiding behind a tree, and getting a fragment in the wrist (while cowering).

Imagine... your entire life spent around telling people that story over and over, like you were some sort of participant to history rather than a coward who talks about how #ty he was finding cover.

But seriously, this was a tragedy and a shame.

67 rounds fired in 13 seconds.

9 WIA

4 KIA

Some troopers needed to go back to BRM.

[edit on 4-5-2010 by signal2noise]

posted on May, 4 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
im sure he spent the rest of his life on disability because of the injury too.....

posted on May, 5 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
That was sarcasm. I agree thats super lame

top topics

join