It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alleged NASA -Affiliated Astronomer Deciphers 'Intelligence' Signal From Nearby Stars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Now this is not publically confirmed yet but worth keeping tabs on ...Author of THE HIDDEN RECORDS,Wayne Herschel , has an astrophysicst friend called JUDY FALTSKOG who (alledgedly I must add) works for an osbervatory that reports back to NASA .On his Facebook page today he has started relaying bits of insider info she is passing on to him. Her FB page does not have anything on it but she seems the private type as does not have lots of followers so I wouldn't expect her to say much on there as she'd just be deluged then which is something she probably wants to avoid. Anyway, this is something to follow in case it does turn into something . Apparantly various countries are now on to it and it's creating quite a buzz in the scientific community around the world.
I am just posting the link to his page and selected comments , I doubt there is much else out there on it at the moment as it's (apparantly)insider info and being kept quiet but she is keeping Wayne informed. It's possible this may all turn out to be a load of bunk but in case it isn't....

From Wayne Herschel's Facebook Page:
(all posts below are by Wayne on FB, not my own words)

NASA ASTRONOMER DECIPHERS 'INTELLIGENCE' SIGNAL FROM NEARBY STARS... Radio telescopes all over the world are apparently all locking onto mysterious signals RIGHT NOW in an unusual part of the radio spectrum and have found a signal code! The astrophysicist involved is a personal friend and I am standing by for more news...

Aldeberan in Taurus is one...

Epsilon Eridany,

Izar (Epsilon Bootes), ... See More

Thuban (Alpha Draconis),

Proxima Centauri

all sending signals that are similar and not natural!

Judy Fältskog is on facebook and please dont bombard her with too much right now as she is very busy... she has promised to inform me of more...

Judys last message was:... See More

Several RAO´s (Radio Observatories) like Aricebo and others now in the US have gone online, England is online, South Africa is online, Australia has been online since last night! Russia is going online now, Germany is still in a discussion to go online, China is online. Holy s..t! News travels fast. Gonna unplug this freaken fone, I cannot get any work done..." (posted about 6pm UK time)

"Heck this is as abnormal Naturally and Naturally Intelligent as it comes. Better than the "Wow" signal and then to top it all in the deep Ultraviolet Frequency. No wonder no one found anything before, they were looking in the wrong Frequency range. We opened up a bag of Bees! Let´s try not to get stung!"...

"the data is backing up as it goes along".

" I was told that it has reached diplomatic levels. Guess who is the main negotiator? Pretty soon we have to go on stealth mode as FB is infested by blokes with "Need-to-Know" and "X" security clearances. That is if we want to get the Truth out to the Public, ... See Morewhich I feel is important. Got a lot of confused people walking up and down the corridors here at the observatory. Hope they keep politics out of Science!"

(posted about 7 pm UK time)
Update : As of Tuesday gmt 00:50 no proof of her credentials have been found and many people are starting to feel the whole issue is a bit fishy... I'm inclined to agree but I guess wait and see

Cosmic

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 3/5/10 by cosmicpixie]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I did a google search for Judy Fältskog and the results are more along the lines of a UFO researchers credentials than a credible astronomer.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
After googling her I get ufo abduction stories. SETI aren't into abduction I'm afraid.

Although she is wearing a NASA hat here.

www.project.nsearch.com...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by john124]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Wow!
Great find...who's the source? Has any media picked this up yet?
I can't seem to find anything so far...

[edit on 3-5-2010 by discl0sur3]

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Is it possible she is talking about this?
Mysterious radio waves emitted from nearby galaxy

And could you provide some other links for us who don't facebook (me)

-E-

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
www.iol.co.za...

Radio astronomer Judy Faltskog ....

There is a radio astronomer with that name according to this source.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
You can be a credible scientist and have an interest in things that the majority of your colleagues might not. Don't brush this all off just because she is into UFOlogy as well....it may or may not turn into something but don't be too quick to assume she is lying and that Wayne Herschel is making up these things he says she is telling him. He's got a reputation to try and preserve so he's not going to risk looking like a fool deliberately, well I don't think so anyway. Maybe more will trickle in over the next few days, if it IS happening then she won't be the only one to talk

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If you have direct connectons with the poeple mentioned above, be sure to invite them to post on ATS, asap!

Thanks

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Hi guys,
I have already said that WAYNE HERSCHEL is the source of the info - he is a published author. His friend with NASA contact is telling him this stuff and he only began to talk about it a few hours ago so it's fresh news just in to him and there are no other sources that I know if as this is insider news...though he said something about there being talk about it on blogs across the net...I will post the link to ask him is this what she is on about and also ask him if he has any links outside of FB to blogs or whatever...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Signals are deciphered as saying: "Send more Spongebob"

lol

I don't think its credible. Just a hoax to keep the UFO community in rebellion against NASA and the Gov.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Hmmmmmm something is going on.......Please keep us updated on the situation.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
she's part of this project

Breath not on hold yet. Could be cool though.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

There is a subplot growing here! From your link

Radio astronomer Judy Faltskog kissed a woman 13 years ago. And now, because of that kiss, she has a criminal record - and only President Thabo Mbeki can pardon her

Hmmmm..

-E-

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
erm...sry to interrupt...but is this true?

r we going to be kept waiting ?!??

you maybe dont know...but i was already going to cry with joy

any updates??

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Ok, let me make sure I'm getting this right.

Radio telescopes, that's RADIO TELESCOPES, all over the world are reporting a signal that they're receiving, from ground radio telescopes, that is in the far ultraviolet.

There's a problem here. You don't receive signals in optical bands on farking radio telescopes. Radio telescopes couldn't pick up a signal in the far ultraviolet if the operator was set on fire with Sterno as an incentive. Because they're radio telescopes. Radio telescopes top out at about 300GHz. Far ultraviolet is past the capability of most OPTICAL telescopes, much less a radio telescope.

The other issue would be, you can't observe far ultraviolet with a ground based optical telescope, even the ones designed for short wavelength work, because the atmosphere absorbs far UV. It doesn't reach the ground.

Thus, not only would you need an orbiting optical telescope, not a radio telescope, you'd need one whose optics are far UV capable. Like, say, Hubble.

I'd rate this one about five moos for bull****. Plus, I seriously doubt that anyone involved up and down the story chain has any education in physics at all, much less any of them being an astronomer or radio-astronomer, because both issues would be instantly apparent if they were.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Could it have anything to do with this???

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm hoping this develops into something, but my hogwash alarm went off immediately, and the dang thing is still ringing.

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterE
reply to post by john124

Radio astronomer Judy Faltskog kissed a woman 13 years ago. And now, because of that kiss, she has a criminal record - and only President Thabo Mbeki can pardon her

Hmmmm..

-E-

I don't know anything about that - I'm sure there are many with the same name and unless you have something that mentions the person is question is an astrophysicist I'm not sure it was worth posting and even if it was her what does it have to do with THIS really.

Wayne Herschel- Judy mentioned this unusual spectrum range on the radio telescopes for the following stars:

Epsilon Eridany,
Izar (Epsilon Bootes),
Thuban (Alpha Draconis), ... See More
Proxima Centauri
Aldebaran in Taurus

All @ 212.55 nanometers,
peaking @ 400.11 nanometers
(Phasing between Harmonics and Sub-Harmonics).
+4 Janskies @ Pulse,
Multiplex Pilot carrier signal.

She said... "Its all raw info, we are still trying to find the Marker to decode".

also radio telescopes all around the world are targeting the stars to try decipher the code...
(posted around 8 pm UK time)

also... "... doing a link-up on AMSAT ( X-Band ) You should get Visuals from my side in a few minutes. Negotiated a free transponder with the satellite operator. Sending you Frequency, SR, FEC and encryption by mail.
(posted about 10 mins ago)

(Wayne knows Astronomy himself so I'm gathering she is sending some technical data across to him in due course)

Judy Fältskog.... NASA astrophysicist ...

* NASA ( Special Projects )September 1994 - Present... See More
Astrophysicist / Theoretical Cosmologist
Exoplanetary Research, Deep Space Mapping, Particlelisation Research, Quantum Cosmology, Radio Astronomy, SETI

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie

Originally posted by MysterE
reply to post by john124

Hmmmm..

-E-

I don't know anything about that - I'm sure there are many with the same name and unless you have something that mentions the person is question is an astrophysicist I'm not sure it was worth posting and even if it was her what does it have to do with THIS really.

Relax, Im not discounting that she is who she says, I just thought it was funny that the article proving her profession was the article about her getting arrested for kissing a girl.

-E-

posted on May, 3 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

It says "radio" astronomer", which is part of physics, astrophysics etc.

The quote about kissing was irrelevant so deleted.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join